• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

3 Weeks Away From 2022 F-150 Lightning Order Banks Opening

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I guess if you call 0-60 in 3.8 seconds "doggie".
To 60 it is quite fast, but it is 2 seconds slower to 110 than the regular 4x.
Sponsored

Diabolical!

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'11 F250, '17 Chevy Volt, '22 Lightning (Reserved)
My dealer emailed last week to say they would call me November 29 to take my configuration/order. So, it seems they expect the order banks to open soon. I am trying to not expect delivery for at least a year.
So... how'd your order go?

gwrace14651

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Ford Excursion 4x4 PSD
Seems strange that you can build and configure a 2022 E-Transit on Fords website but not the Lightning. What's the holdup?

OP
OP
F150ROD

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Seems strange that you can build and configure a 2022 E-Transit on Fords website but not the Lightning. What's the holdup?
The Build Back Better Bill. I’m sure Ford is looking to hike up the prices one way or another. This is why that Bill should not play a role in their pricing, it’s insane.

Sponsored

Nick Gerteis

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F-150, 2015 Nissan Leaf, Lightning preordered
Occupation
Letter carrier
The Build Back Better Bill. I’m sure Ford is looking to hike up the prices one way or another. This is why that Bill should not play a role in their pricing, it’s insane.
It’s understandable that they’re doing it, trying to maximize $, but I agree that it looks a little shady. At least at some point they’ll have to release the configurator so they can start planning their production runs. They should already know that waiting on congress to do its job is….going to be interesting.

OP
OP
F150ROD

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
It’s understandable that they’re doing it, trying to maximize $, but I agree that it looks a little shady. At least at some point they’ll have to release the configurator so they can start planning their production runs. They should already know that waiting on congress to do its job is….going to be interesting.
My biggest frustration is that Ford knows the range for this incentive, $74-$80k. Why can’t they plan accordingly? $52k supposedly is the starting point for the XLT. I am assuming they want to make sure the Platinum qualifies.

Nick Gerteis

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F-150, 2015 Nissan Leaf, Lightning preordered
Occupation
Letter carrier
My biggest frustration is that Ford knows the range for this incentive, $74-$80k. Why can’t they plan accordingly? $52k supposedly is the starting point for the XLT. I am assuming they want to make sure the Platinum qualifies.
They could just price the Platinum at 80K now. Then, if BBB comes in with a (somewhat) lower cutoff price, they could pleasantly surprise folks that ordered Platinum by dropping the price accordingly. Just wildly speculating of course.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I used to think this, but then the 2022 ICE F150 configurator isn't out either. I wonder if something else is going on. That have to be going into production soon.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
You have no proof of this. There's no indication that this will pass before the end of the year and there's no assurance that any tax credit will be included. I doubt this is the main driver behind Ford's decision, but only the people at Ford making the decision really know the answer.

I used to think this, but then the 2022 ICE F150 configurator isn't out either. I wonder if something else is going on. That have to be going into production soon.
They have pushed unfulfilled 2021 orders of several vehicles to the 2022 model year, it's possible they are having to do this with the f150 as well and just don't want any new orders so they aren't yet making 2022 details available.

But again, Ford has said nothing publicly so only the decision makers at Ford know the real reason. Anything we speak about here is purely speculation.

Sponsored
OP
OP
F150ROD

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
You have no proof of this. There's no indication that this will pass before the end of the year and there's no assurance that any tax credit will be included. I doubt this is the main driver behind Ford's decision, but only the people at Ford making the decision really know the answer.

They have pushed unfulfilled 2021 orders of several vehicles to the 2022 model year, it's possible they are having to do this with the f150 as well and just don't want any new orders so they aren't yet making 2022 details available.

But again, Ford has said nothing publicly so only the decision makers at Ford know the real reason. Anything we speak about here is purely speculation.
Thats all it is, purely speculation. I mean there really isn’t much else to talk about with the Lightning except speculate what is going on and then the eventual movement of order date.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Wrangler Rubicon and 2018 Mini Cooper S Count
Occupation
overpaid computer nerd.
R1T or Lightning?
R1T or Lightning?
R1T or Lightning?
R1T or Lightning?
R1T or Lightning?
R1T or Lightning?
R1T or Lightning?
R1T or Lightning?

Well, at least I’ve gotten the Cybertruck off my radar.

Now I just hope GM doesn’t bring out a compelling truck to CES. I don’t need another product muddying the waters.

OP
OP
F150ROD

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
R1T or Lightning?
R1T or Lightning?
R1T or Lightning?
R1T or Lightning?
R1T or Lightning?
R1T or Lightning?
R1T or Lightning?
R1T or Lightning?

Well, at least I’ve gotten the Cybertruck off my radar.

Now I just hope GM doesn’t bring out a compelling truck to CES. I don’t need another product muddying the waters.
At this point whichever one comes out first. I’m truly disappointed in the lack of information from Ford. Not even a tweet saying Spring 2022 Build and Price will be available, Summer 2022 Order Banks open, Fall 2022 Deliveries begin for the 2023 Lightning.

Whiskey

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Hybrid, 2020 Toyota Corolla Hybrid
Occupation
Retired Miner
F150ROD is correct; There’s not much else to talk about. We’ve heard enough, we’ve seen enough, Ford could save a ton and stop advertising and focus more on production. I don’t believe Ford will change the “Advertised Price” on the Pro, so, why not let those that want that ride place their orders? At least Ford would know what supplies would be required to build that quantity. Maybe, lock in a few customers that are thinking about other options? I know that’s why I dropped the Cybertruck, now, I’m thinking about other EV options. ? I hope someone from Ford gets the message.

Sklith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance, Energica Ego
If the Platinum comes at $80k I would get crazy-excited but there's no way they'll do it. Lariat with all the options, maybe.
Sponsored