Sponsored

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
Kodiak,

Once I learned that my truck was delivered, July 29th, I emailed Chip to try and get a date setup because I had to purchase plane tickets and did not want to wait until the last minute. Chip said finance department would get a hold of me to setup a date. It took about a week for finance to get back to me due to the amount of vehicles arriving. Shelby in finance contacted me on Friday August 5th and I made arrangements for the following weekend. I had already planned on august 12-15 off from work for a camping trip so I was trying to utilize my already planned days off for the trip to Iowa. I was able to get my credit union cashier's check that week and sell my 2013 f150 as well.

I had planned from the beginning to finance through my local credit union. In order for that I needed to bring a cashier's check from the credit union for the amount financed. Granger was specific on having cashier's checks for the financing portion because they cannot add the lien holder onto the title or purchase agreement.

I looked over and e-signed all documents the week of, there was nothing different from when I ordered so no price changes or incentive changes. There was nothing left for me to do at the dealership except handover a few checks and get keys.

it was a little tight trying to get everything squared away in one week, but I had prepared as much as possible leading up to that week. Definitely get financing in order ahead of time if not going through the dealership. I am already a customer at my credit union so that helped expedite the process. I paid no sales tax at the time, I have since paid at the CA DMV as I have started the registration process. Vehicles should be registered within 20 days of entry into CA. I will not get the Iowa documents until after, so the dmv told me to start the process with what documents I had in order to avoid any late fees.

Overall, pretty painless experience. The hardest part was coordinatIng the check in time from the credit union. Would do it again. Hope this gives some out of state buyers some insight on the process.
Thanks again for the details! Like you said in your post I am trying to coordinate as much as possible ahead of time. I am lucky as with USAA you just contact them and they overnight you a blank check. I have to find out if Granger takes that check as some kind of "certified check". When I ordered in January there was an extra $1000 bonus (x2) but I never could find out if one of the bonuses was tied to Ford Finance or not. If it is I will probably take the Ford Finance for $30k and if not I will use that USAA credit union.

Thanks again and the best of luck with your new "baby". :)
Sponsored

Coopaloopa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 501A Sport
Appreciate the responses, for the record Granger has been amazing the entire time and they are trying to see what the deal is, I think there's something strange with Ford marketings record of me as a customer. I thought I've seen it be standard that guys were getting rebates + pco's but I could be mistaken.

Circling back to confirm Granger was able to apply both the Custom Order Rebate and my PCO. The issue was with Ford's marketing system and Granger went above and beyond to get it resolved. Granger has been great the entire time and just wanted to make it clear they were able to apply both and the issue was not on their end, but on Fords. Thanks Granger, they are everything you read about and more.