Sponsored

asouza68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Platnium
I was expecting to do some work at the CA DMV when I receive my truck, but I wasn't expecting to jump through hoops so I better get a head start right when I get the keys to the truck!

So for us California residents we will need to do the following:
1. Visit CA DMV - Pay taxes and registration (Can be done at AAA?)
2. Visit CA DMV - VIN Verification
2. Obtain a SMOG certificate
3. Obtain a weight certificate from a weighmaster

Is there anything else that I'm missing?
Register within 20 days, take all you Granger paperwork, DMV "check-in" get in line on you phone, get a good nights sleep ahead of time...
Sponsored

Aaron34

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Platinum PB (on order 1/3/23)
Occupation
Aircraft Dispatcher
For anyone who's been through an out of state purchase with Granger, does Granger collect the sales tax (wrap it up in the financing) then cut you a check to take to the DMV? Or do they not collect any taxes and you just pay out of pocket yourself when you go to register in your home state?

Thanks!

Uncorked

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 XL
For anyone who's been through an out of state purchase with Granger, does Granger collect the sales tax (wrap it up in the financing) then cut you a check to take to the DMV? Or do they not collect any taxes and you just pay out of pocket yourself when you go to register in your home state?

Thanks!
I've read somewhere on here where Granger did that (added the taxes to the financed amount and then cut a check for the taxes to the buyer) but I can't remember where I saw it. But by default they don't collect state taxes.

Last edited:

hotrodmex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a
1. Visit CA DMV - Pay taxes and registration (Can be done at AAA?)
You already have it listed first, so be sure to do this first, as you get a 60 day operating permit to do the rest when you pay your taxes and fees.

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP

Thanks!
You buy the truck and take the sale paperwork with you to your own state DMV. You will be issued a transit title that DMV will take and process for your own title if you buy the truck outright. Or it will go to the finance company and they issue a title once you pay it off.

Any of your own state fees or taxes is your responsibility.

Sponsored

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
@grangerford is it possible to place an order and deny the deletes? For example, could I place an order and have Ford wait to build the truck until the parts are available to build a truck with a heated steering wheel and max recline seats? I fully understand this could be a year long process or more

Polo08816

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 BMW 335i
@grangerford is it possible to place an order and deny the deletes? For example, could I place an order and have Ford wait to build the truck until the parts are available to build a truck with a heated steering wheel and max recline seats? I fully understand this could be a year long process or more
I'm with you.

You have a better chance of seeing God than me purchasing a $70+k truck that has production constraints.

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
@Granger Ford I don’t think I tagged you properly before

Tremorb

First Name
RB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TBD
I'm with you.

You have a better chance of seeing God than me purchasing a $70+k truck that has production constraints.
💯. When my Window sticker became available there was an additional delete not present at the time of order so I canceled. It was the final straw for me considering the $68k plus taxes and title price tag. I will wait it out and order again once Ford figures out its supply chain but this will not happen until the 2024 model year, if then.

Venom4ever4em

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F-150 XL, 2023 F-150 XL STX (On Order)
Picked up on Monday the 27th, out within minutes of being handed the keys. Drove 18 hours straight home, 36 gallon tank came in handy.
Ford F-150 3% Under invoice on a 2023 F-150 Order @ Granger Ford IMG_20230327_091948467_HDR

Here some shots of other orders awaiting pick up with yellow sold tags on rearview mirrors with the names of the owners.
Ford F-150 3% Under invoice on a 2023 F-150 Order @ Granger Ford IMG_20230327_091940506

Ford F-150 3% Under invoice on a 2023 F-150 Order @ Granger Ford IMG_20230327_092035107_HDR

Sponsored

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Principal at Granger Motors
I've been asked this question recently, and yes! We are still rolling full-speed ahead with orders at 3% under invoice. We also have a great selection on our website www.grangerford.com that are priced at 2% below invoice (we have to cover the floorplan expense as interest rates go up!)

Thank you guys/gals for all the support!

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
For those who asked, yes - Granger will 100% calculate the sales tax and allow you to wrap it into your loan. They send you a check to deposit in your own account and you pay your state... if they ask for it.

Mikendallas

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Civic
I've been asked this question recently, and yes! We are still rolling full-speed ahead with orders at 3% under invoice. We also have a great selection on our website www.grangerford.com that are priced at 2% below invoice (we have to cover the floorplan expense as interest rates go up!)

Thank you guys/gals for all the support!
Hi- do you know when order banks for the 23 will close? Is it possible to get the heated steering wheel now? Thanks

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Principal at Granger Motors
Hi- do you know when order banks for the 23 will close? Is it possible to get the heated steering wheel now? Thanks
they usually give us a 30-60 day notice.
Sponsored