Sponsored

FordestGump

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tremor
Occupation
Trains
Any idea when multi countour seats will be available again?
Sponsored

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE

bes-b2

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Camaro SS - not stock
I've been watching several vehicle prices throughout september and the market is crashing pretty hard. There's one dealer I've found advertising trucks for up to 6.5k under sticker...
1664522665411.png

https://www.laurafordofsullivan.com/
Yeah, I live near these guys. These deals are typically only when they add a lift kit/wheels&tires as pictured. Usual discount is around ~$3k +$500 document fee.

Granger is far more solid and straight forward to deal with.

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Principal at Granger Motors
Laura Ford typically gives good deals when times are normal. We go up against them with sales out of stock at time.

We were more aggressive on the vehicles for ordering and it has paid dividends for us.

Sponsored

F150 hopefull

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Ok. so this is going to be lengthy.

I put in an order back in May for a 2022 with my local dealer. Could only get me MSRP. On Friday 9/30 I was informed Ford canceled all their 2022 orders. He was trying to see what ford could do for the pricing as it has gone up significantly.

I sent my same build to Granger and asked for a quote. The response was 1k under what my MSRP was back in May. and according to Granger MSRP has increased 6k.

In order to be fair to the guy I worked with locally I asked him what he thought.

He said go with Granger and that is an Awesome price.

So now I am pulling the trigger with Granger tomorrow. and I have a few questions.

I saw on some boards that Heated seats, and mirrors may be auto removed from some trucks.

I was planning on getting a lariat fully loaded. but maybe getting a Platinum with the same options might be a better bet from a chip shortage, option auto delete perspective.

I don't think the price would be too much more.

My next question would be

I assume I pay all fees and such when I register it. I also assume the temp trip permit will last for 90 day's or whatever is needed to get my plates from the DMV in Oregon.

also how much notice does one get before having to pick up the truck? Just curious about scheduling the flights and vacation and such.

any info would be great.

If I don't hear back I guess I will see if I can get all my Q's answered from Savannah tomorrow.

JerryLZ

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 502A PB

I put in an order back in May for a 2022 with my local dealer. Could only get me MSRP. On Friday 9/30 I was informed Ford canceled all their 2022 orders. He was trying to see what ford could do for the pricing as it has gone up significantly.

I sent my same build to Granger and asked for a quote. The response was 1k under what my MSRP was back in May. and according to Granger MSRP has increased 6k.

In order to be fair to the guy I worked with locally I asked him what he thought.

So now I am pulling the trigger with Granger tomorrow. and I have a few questions.

I saw on some boards that Heated seats, and mirrors may be auto removed from some trucks.

I was planning on getting a lariat fully loaded. but maybe getting a Platinum with the same options might be a better bet from a chip shortage, option auto delete perspective.

I assume I pay all fees and such when I register it. I also assume the temp trip permit will last for 90 day's or whatever is needed to get my plates from the DMV in Oregon.

also how much notice does one get before having to pick up the truck? Just curious about scheduling the flights and vacation and such.

any info would be great.

If I don't hear back I guess I will see if I can get all my Q's answered from Savannah tomorrow.
You will receive a 15 day transit tag from Granger Motors, this is JUST to get you out of Iowa. You can not go to your DMV until you receive the title from Granger Motors. We send the MSO to our county to get an IN-TRANSIT title which takes about 3-4 weeks, this means the 15 day tag you received from us will expire. Once we receive the title we will overnight it to you with an additional 30 day tag from our county. You need to check with your state on the tags, some states DO NOT recognize tags from other states. Make sure you have your purchase agreement in the vehicle with you in case you get pulled over, most instances you have 30 days from the time of sale to get your vehicle registered. Also, make sure the DMV makes a title with your lien holder on it and send that to the lien holder.
^ that’s straight from Granger regarding the transit/temp tag situation.

- Personally I don’t see the value in the platinums and such after they took away the massage seats but that’s preference.
- I don’t think it was heated seats removal but heated mirrors and heated steering wheel is what I saw.
- you can see when your truck is delivered to the dealership, expect 1.5 week wait for PDI on average. Salesman/finance will let you know and schedule you in for a pick up date. Granger mentioned in another post they would prefer not to sit on the truck for over a month waiting for you to pick it up.

F150 hopefull

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
You will receive a 15 day transit tag from Granger Motors, this is JUST to get you out of Iowa. You can not go to your DMV until you receive the title from Granger Motors. We send the MSO to our county to get an IN-TRANSIT title which takes about 3-4 weeks, this means the 15 day tag you received from us will expire. Once we receive the title we will overnight it to you with an additional 30 day tag from our county. You need to check with your state on the tags, some states DO NOT recognize tags from other states. Make sure you have your purchase agreement in the vehicle with you in case you get pulled over, most instances you have 30 days from the time of sale to get your vehicle registered. Also, make sure the DMV makes a title with your lien holder on it and send that to the lien holder.
^ that’s straight from Granger regarding the transit/temp tag situation.

- Personally I don’t see the value in the platinums and such after they took away the massage seats but that’s preference.
- I don’t think it was heated seats removal but heated mirrors and heated steering wheel is what I saw.
- you can see when your truck is delivered to the dealership, expect 1.5 week wait for PDI on average. Salesman/finance will let you know and schedule you in for a pick up date. Granger mentioned in another post they would prefer not to sit on the truck for over a month waiting for you to pick it up.
Perfect. That is exactly what I was wanting to know. And yes heated steering wheel.
I get the seat massage part. that could be nice if they actually delivered it. I am not sure what else comes with the platinum. other than that the signage on the tailgate. I need to research that.

I built a 2022 lariat and 2022 Platinum, as close as I could with what I wanted, and there is basically a 2,500 diff in MSRP.

So now I just need to figure out what the Platinum adds. and if the platinum would have a higher chance of getting built with all the option not being forced removed.

Just compared the 2022 Lariat and Platinum. and yea I did all this before and remembered why I went the way I went.

Last edited:

JerryLZ

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 502A PB
Perfect. That is exactly what I was wanting to know. And yes heated steering wheel.
I get the seat massage part. that could be nice if they actually delivered it. I am not sure what else comes with the platinum. other than that the signage on the tailgate. I need to research that.

I built a 2022 lariat and 2022 Platinum, as close as I could with what I wanted, and there is basically a 2,500 diff in MSRP.

So now I just need to figure out what the Platinum adds. and if the platinum would have a higher chance of getting built with all the option not being forced removed.

Just compared the 2022 Lariat and Platinum. and yea I did all this before and remembered why I went the way I went.
I just built a platinum the way I have my lariat high order and I came up with a $4k difference. Only things I can see being different are the platinum 20" aluminum wheels, fold flat storage is built into the trim. Different interior trim of course and power running boards are standard.
Thats why I think its s bummer than you don't get the massage feature. The seats themselves are still nice looking they just don't do anything and they don't credit you nearly enough money to cover them being removed. I think its like $400 or something when the seats are probably like $1500+ realistically.

The running boards are about a $1200 option
Fold flat storage $200ish
Wheels are hard to call

From what everyone who was on chip hold has been dealing with, XLT's seemed to get out the door first followed by Lariats. King ranch and platinums got held up a little. Limited I would assume as well but didn't get much data on those guys. Even XL's took a little bit.

bwwF150

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 BMW X7, 18 Jeep JLU, 13 QX56(23 F150 replaces)
I just built a platinum the way I have my lariat high order and I came up with a $4k difference. Only things I can see being different are the platinum 20" aluminum wheels, fold flat storage is built into the trim. Different interior trim of course and power running boards are standard.
Thats why I think its s bummer than you don't get the massage feature. The seats themselves are still nice looking they just don't do anything and they don't credit you nearly enough money to cover them being removed. I think its like $400 or something when the seats are probably like $1500+ realistically.

The running boards are about a $1200 option
Fold flat storage $200ish
Wheels are hard to call

From what everyone who was on chip hold has been dealing with, XLT's seemed to get out the door first followed by Lariats. King ranch and platinums got held up a little. Limited I would assume as well but didn't get much data on those guys. Even XL's took a little bit.
A MY23 lariat with BAP has power steps as a no charge option. Also, 502A now includes 20” rims(I believe)

Sponsored

JerryLZ

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 502A PB
A MY23 lariat with BAP has power steps as a no charge option. Also, 502A now includes 20” rims(I believe)
yeah I knew something happened with the wheels from 22>23 thats why I left that alone

The BAP I didn't know about, they didn't offer that to 6.5 bed guys so no goodies

bwwF150

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
yeah I knew something happened with the wheels from 22>23 thats why I left that alone

The BAP I didn't know about, they didn't offer that to 6.5 bed guys so no goodies
I’m guessing no charge steps for BAP was to help justify the $1500 BAP since 502A already includes the 20”rims. I learned about it here … They don’t advertise it, but it is listed in order guide. Maybe it’ll be more obvious when 23 build site is up and going.

F150 hopefull

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
ok. I just ordered my truck through Granger. Easy Peasy nice and Cheesy

Savannah was great to work with.

Also I found out that the 2023 BAP adds a Tough spray-in bedliner. I wanted LineX A much better product IMHO

Harry Dangler

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Lexus RX350
Occupation
Retired

any info would be great.

you also have to pay the dealer tax in oregon before you register and license it I just checked on mine and it was 310.00 plus the 377.00 for license and tags

Attachments

bwwF150

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ok. I just ordered my truck through Granger. Easy Peasy nice and Cheesy

Savannah was great to work with.

Also I found out that the 2023 BAP adds a Tough spray-in bedliner. I wanted LineX A much better product IMHO
Can you share more details on this? BAP for what trim? My spray in was not included on Lariat BAP but it does include power steps no charge.
Sponsored