First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 XLT - Powerboost 3.5, BAP
Occupation
IT Guy
Where does Granger do pick ups from? I found a hotel in downtown Des Moines but I want to make sure they'll drive over there.
I stayed at the Hilton in Johnston/Urbandale. It was $140ish, but I believe it was a bit higher due to the state wrestling championships going on. I think it was maybe a 12 min drive.
Sponsored

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Did 1100 miles from Granger to NC from 1pm on the Friday Jan 6th arriving home at 7:30am Saturday. Thought I was gonna die several times.
I for sure thought I was going to drive off the road somewhere in pitch black Oklahoma on the way home to Texas.

Venom4ever4em

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F-150 XL, 2023 F-150 XL STX (On Order)
My F-150 XL STX in Atlas Blue color is currently being built, will probably have it shipped out to me in Texas due to work and scheduling issues. Placed my order 12-28-2022 with Granger Ford.

Uncorked

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 XL
My F-150 XL STX in Atlas Blue color is currently being built, will probably have it shipped out to me in Texas due to work and scheduling issues. Placed my order 12-28-2022 with Granger Ford.
Nice color choice Erik. Sorry to hear you won't be able to pick it up yourself - that's gotta be some moola.

Sponsored

Venom4ever4em

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F-150 XL, 2023 F-150 XL STX (On Order)
Nice color choice Erik. Sorry to hear you won't be able to pick it up yourself - that's gotta be some moola.
Atlas Blue was my first choice when I saw pictures online, either way I will be saving some money through my purchase and when paying taxes for it.

Ryan74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT Carbonized Gray 4x4
I would imagine the weight certificate, too, or did they not ask for one?

Based on their website I thought you couldn't do a new out of state, so that's a bit frustrating. Wonder if I can finish the process there. Guess I'll call. Luckily our DMV is isn't all that bad.
Just came back from CA DMV. They said I needed SMOG and a certificate from a weighmaster.

hotrodmex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a
Just came back from CA DMV. They said I needed SMOG and a certificate from a weighmaster.
Yes. What was at question in my post was being able to do it at AAA instead of the DMV.

personalt

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma / Cayenne
Just picked up my F150 yesterday. From Ashleigh (who managed initial order and my pickup at dealership) to Savannah and Catelyn who managed followup and finance and Amanda who picked me up from airport everything went super smooth. Truck was out front when I got there, within 30 seconds of arrival they handed me the keys to check it out. I wanted to get on road to beat some weather so I asked for the quick tour and was out the door within 10 minutes.. No surprises, everything was super smooth. One of the reasons they clearly move a lot of trucks because of how well the manage the process, couldnt have been easier.

Ford F-150 3% Under invoice on a 2023 F-150 Order @ Granger Ford 20230310_111318

asouza68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Platnium
Got the smog and weight too. What new vehicle coming off the assembly line needs smog? And are fords scales really that bad that CA needs to have them weighed again? Do trucks weight more in CA? Also has to be registered as a commercial vehicle because it's "designed" to move commercial items. I almost got more screwed by DMV more than usual with almost $800 dollars additional to Gavin as penalties. The tag from Granger said I had 30 days to register, thought Granger told me as well. Apparently CA DMV only allows 20 days. I went in somewhere between 20 and 30 days. My buddy bought the exact same truck, at the exact same time from Granger, when he told me his fees I nearly wet myself. Went in and filed a grievance, the DMV manager hymned and hawed and eventually refunded me. I have a feeling 20 days is to be able to fine out of state purchase from states that typically have 30 days. Sure would like to live in the Union again...

Sponsored

Ryan74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Got the smog and weight too. What new vehicle coming off the assembly line needs smog? And are fords scales really that bad that CA needs to have them weighed again? Do trucks weight more in CA? Also has to be registered as a commercial vehicle because it's "designed" to move commercial items. I almost got more screwed by DMV more than usual with almost $800 dollars additional to Gavin as penalties. The tag from Granger said I had 30 days to register, thought Granger told me as well. Apparently CA DMV only allows 20 days. I went in somewhere between 20 and 30 days. My buddy bought the exact same truck, at the exact same time from Granger, when he told me his fees I nearly wet myself. Went in and filed a grievance, the DMV manager hymned and hawed and eventually refunded me. I have a feeling 20 days is to be able to fine out of state purchase from states that typically have 30 days. Sure would like to live in the Union again...
Yeah it’s pretty ridiculous. I think CA wants truck owners to jump through more hoops to discourage people from buying them

hotrodmex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a
Yeah it’s pretty ridiculous. I think CA wants truck owners to jump through more hoops to discourage people from buying them
Any vehicle purchased from out of state has to have the smog done, not just trucks. Holdover from the days of "49 state emissions." Write your state rep and start a campaign, but I'll guess the CA dealers lobby will have something to say.

And the weight fee and commercial "PK" registration has been around since the last millennium. They haven't even gone up that much since the 90's.

Ryan74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Any vehicle purchased from out of state has to have the smog done, not just trucks. Holdover from the days of "49 state emissions." Write your state rep and start a campaign, but I'll guess the CA dealers lobby will have something to say.

And the weight fee and commercial "PK" registration has been around since the last millennium. They haven't even gone up that much since the 90's.
That’s surprising usually CA likes to make special rules for themselves

hotrodmex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a
That’s surprising usually CA likes to make special rules for themselves
Ha, IDK if that was supposed to be sarcasm, but just in case: these are special rules for California. Many other states register F-350s the same as a Kia. In CA (and some other states) the difference would be about $1000 in weight fees.

slidez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I was expecting to do some work at the CA DMV when I receive my truck, but I wasn't expecting to jump through hoops so I better get a head start right when I get the keys to the truck!

So for us California residents we will need to do the following:
1. Visit CA DMV - Pay taxes and registration (Can be done at AAA?)
2. Visit CA DMV - VIN Verification
2. Obtain a SMOG certificate
3. Obtain a weight certificate from a weighmaster

Is there anything else that I'm missing?
Sponsored