Sponsored

JerryLZ

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 502A PB
Clearly I missed the Ohio train. I'm on a pushed build date but I'm coming.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Principal at Granger Motors
Any chance we could get an update on how many of your allocations have been used? I feel like I'm one of the lucky ones that won't get an allocation, but I'm still hopeful I'm wrong!
We actually now have more allocations than we do retail orders. The reason for this is we've used our stock allocations through the year for retail orders.

Happy1286

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F-150 (eventually)
We actually now have more allocations than we do retail orders. The reason for this is we've used our stock allocations through the year for retail orders.
Wow that's awesome and another reason why you're ahead of every other dealer in the nation! So that should mean that all your orders should be scheduled before the end of the month?

mike_omzig

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
A little information about the travel temp tag and how I am proceeding. I had no issues traveling from Granger to NE Ohio. This week I went on the Ohio BMV website and purchased a temporary tag. This gives me until August 4th to get the required paperwork and properly register the truck. I needed to provide a scan of my driver license and the purchase agreement from Granger. The BMV emailed a link to the Ohio temp tag I can print myself. That way I do not have to be concerned going beyond the 15 day travel tag. Cost was roughly $28 I think for the temp tag.

Just a bit of information since I have seen this question come up a few times regarding the travel tag. At least this is how Ohio works with the temp tag from the BMV

Sponsored

DPerry918

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 402A Tremor 🔥
Occupation
Data Science / Web Engineer
So who is optimistic that all the outstanding Granger orders are going to get build dates next week?

I'm giving it about a 1% chance.

PMMePizza

First Name
Hayley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Tremor 402A Oxford White
Occupation
General Manager
So who is optimistic that all the outstanding Granger orders are going to get build dates next week?

I'm giving it about a 1% chance.
Not feeling confident. Just spoke with Ford chat yesterday and they told me I was unscheduled clean. I have no idea how I can be unscheduled clean, Granger can have more allocations than they have orders, and I still don't have a VIN when I ordered January 14th. And I didn't get scheduled today and a whole boatload of folks with March orders did.

This whole process is so disappointing and frustrating.

ajhamz2

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat Atlas Blue
A little information about the travel temp tag and how I am proceeding. I had no issues traveling from Granger to NE Ohio. This week I went on the Ohio BMV website and purchased a temporary tag. This gives me until August 4th to get the required paperwork and properly register the truck. I needed to provide a scan of my driver license and the purchase agreement from Granger. The BMV emailed a link to the Ohio temp tag I can print myself. That way I do not have to be concerned going beyond the 15 day travel tag. Cost was roughly $28 I think for the temp tag.

Just a bit of information since I have seen this question come up a few times regarding the travel tag. At least this is how Ohio works with the temp tag from the BMV
Mike, I’m playing a little catch up here, but are you saying that you needed to get this temp tag before driving off the lot? I’m also trying to get ahead of things as I plan to fly to Idaho and drive home to Montana same-day (and on a Sat. no less). I’m trying to avoid getting stuck there for a couple days waiting for them to get me a temp tag (although I say that with zero knowledge of how the process actually works)

mike_omzig

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Mike, I’m playing a little catch up here, but are you saying that you needed to get this temp tag before driving off the lot? I’m also trying to get ahead of things as I plan to fly to Idaho and drive home to Montana same-day (and on a Sat. no less). I’m trying to avoid getting stuck there for a couple days waiting for them to get me a temp tag (although I say that with zero knowledge of how the process actually works)
No. I drove home using the "transit" tag Granger provided. But that tag expires in 15 days after issue. You will be fine traveling from Granger to your home with the tag they put on when you pick it up. AND driving locally prior to the transit tag expiring.

The paperwork from Granger to register the truck in Ohio may not arrive prior to the "transit" tag expiring. They told me it might take about 2 weeks to get paperwork. In my case, I picked up the truck June 18th, the transit tag expires July 3. If I do not get the paperwork prior to this date, I will need a Ohio temporary plate anyway. So i just got the Ohio temp plate now instead of waiting until July 3rd. If I get the paperwork early (before July 3 ) I only wasted $28 on the Ohio temp tag.

Also, this way, I will be in no rush to get the final plates and registration done even if I get the paperwork prior to July 3rd.

Hope that clears it up for you.

ajhamz2

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat Atlas Blue
No. I drove home using the "transit" tag Granger provided. But that tag expires in 15 days after issue. You will be fine traveling from Granger to your home with the tag they put on when you pick it up. AND driving locally prior to the transit tag expiring.

The paperwork from Granger to register the truck in Ohio may not arrive prior to the "transit" tag expiring. They told me it might take about 2 weeks to get paperwork. In my case, I picked up the truck June 18th, the transit tag expires July 3. If I do not get the paperwork prior to this date, I will need a Ohio temporary plate anyway. So i just got the Ohio temp plate now instead of waiting until July 3rd. If I get the paperwork early (before July 3 ) I only wasted $28 on the Ohio temp tag.

Also, this way, I will be in no rush to get the final plates and registration done even if I get the paperwork prior to July 3rd.

Hope that clears it up for you.
Yes it does. Thank you.

Sponsored

vidwiz

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Platinum Powerboost
Occupation
Retired
Unless the buyer's home state requires registration within a certain time period from purchase like mine does.

s.v.t.

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Building..
I don’t have much of an option. Prices have gone up and features I ordered aren’t offered any longer. The time to throw in the towel was March but I foolishly held on.
I feel your pain. Ford has got us in a position so we're damned no matter what we do. I'm just so close in discounting all my new Ford parts I've got sitting for the truck to sell them, and buy a GM/GMC variant - but like you and everyone else, I'd be spending more money and getting less truck. Sad that it's coming so close to this, because I'm having a really hard time wanting to give Ford my money.

DPerry918

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 402A Tremor 🔥
Occupation
Data Science / Web Engineer
Not feeling confident. Just spoke with Ford chat yesterday and they told me I was unscheduled clean. I have no idea how I can be unscheduled clean, Granger can have more allocations than they have orders, and I still don't have a VIN when I ordered January 14th. And I didn't get scheduled today and a whole boatload of folks with March orders did.

This whole process is so disappointing and frustrating.
It really is so inconsistent and just a mess.... First new vehicle I've purchased and from Ford's side its been far from smooth lol

Bannerman

First Name
Johnson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tremor 402A, 2022 4Runner ORP
I feel your pain. Ford has got us in a position so we're damned no matter what we do. I'm just so close in discounting all my new Ford parts I've got sitting for the truck to sell them, and buy a GM/GMC variant - but like you and everyone else, I'd be spending more money and getting less truck. Sad that it's coming so close to this, because I'm having a really hard time wanting to give Ford my money.
If I was not getting such a good deal, I'd have jumped ship and bought one off a lot by now.

aybe09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Platinum Ordered
If I was not getting such a good deal, I'd have jumped ship and bought one off a lot by now.
I'm on the same boat.. However, I could have bought something off the lot and gotten a part time job for 6 months to make up for the price difference easily lol
Sponsored