Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Principal at Granger Motors
** Allocation and F-150 360 camera update **

Good morning everyone. Sorry for the delay in getting this back to you, but I wanted to get as accurate information as possible.

We have production information for the 2022 F-150 released this month. We received a total allocation of 65 units. That was broken down by 4 from the traditional stock vs sold allocation and 61 from COVP. What can we gather from that?

1. Production levels still aren't at previous to hold capacity. I have no official word from Ford on this, but on our previous 3 allocations we averaged 25 F-150s with the traditional (stock vs sold criteria) and 42 allocations from the COVP program. This resulted in a totl of 67. We essentially filled our demand with the COVP every month prior to this 2 month shut down with COVP Allocation. The fact that we only received 4 allocations on the stock side of the equation tells me that they are still probably wrapping up some outstanding orders in this production cycle.
2. COVP is working, but it won't be quick. - We use all our allocation to fill retail orders. We only get stock inventory if commodity restraints won't allow a retail order to be built. This allocation run we'll have anough allocation to fill approximately 1/3rd of our oustanding retail orders.
3. Production timing expectations - if there are no other setbacks and you place an order today. I would anticipate your order coming landing on the dealership lot in approximately October. Now production constraints may get better or worse, but that would be my best educated guess right now. For those with existing orders. I'd imagine they'd be fulfilled within 6 months from now (again barring commodity restraints.

360 Camera - We can no longer place a STOCK order for a Co-Pilot350 Assist 2.0 option when it isn't a standard item (i.e. Platinum, Limited). For Existing Retail orders if you have an existing order with a Co-Pilot360 Assist 2.0 camera, don't change anything, you should be good to go. New Retail orders can only be ordered with either Trailer Tow Package (53A) or Max Trailer Tow Package (53C) to be considered for scheduling. You can no longer order Tow Tech Package (17T) and still be scheduled.

Ford Co-Pilot360 Active (43C on 502a-901A equipment groups) You must now add Active Park Assist 2.0 Removal (67X) or the orders won't be elgibile to schedule.

I hope that helps and thanks for your patience on the update.
Sponsored

dothedew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride, Model 3 Performance
The packaging from Ford is really confusing. So I added Co-pilot 360 2.0 on my XL build - do I need to add Active Park Assist 2.0 Removal (67X) or do I need to add Trailer Tow Package (53A) or Max Trailer Tow Package (53C) to be considered for scheduling? I don't have any of the trailer or towing packages so I'm really confused now.

gendibal

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered: 2022 F150 Platinum PB

Good morning everyone. Sorry for the delay in getting this back to you, but I wanted to get as accurate information as possible.

We have production information for the 2022 F-150 released this month. We received a total allocation of 65 units. That was broken down by 4 from the traditional stock vs sold allocation and 61 from COVP. What can we gather from that?

1. Production levels still aren't at previous to hold capacity. I have no official word from Ford on this, but on our previous 3 allocations we averaged 25 F-150s with the traditional (stock vs sold criteria) and 42 allocations from the COVP program. This resulted in a totl of 67. We essentially filled our demand with the COVP every month prior to this 2 month shut down with COVP Allocation. The fact that we only received 4 allocations on the stock side of the equation tells me that they are still probably wrapping up some outstanding orders in this production cycle.
2. COVP is working, but it won't be quick. - We use all our allocation to fill retail orders. We only get stock inventory if commodity restraints won't allow a retail order to be built. This allocation run we'll have anough allocation to fill approximately 1/3rd of our oustanding retail orders.
3. Production timing expectations - if there are no other setbacks and you place an order today. I would anticipate your order coming landing on the dealership lot in approximately October. Now production constraints may get better or worse, but that would be my best educated guess right now. For those with existing orders. I'd imagine they'd be fulfilled within 6 months from now (again barring commodity restraints.

360 Camera - We can no longer place a STOCK order for a Co-Pilot350 Assist 2.0 option when it isn't a standard item (i.e. Platinum, Limited). For Existing Retail orders if you have an existing order with a Co-Pilot360 Assist 2.0 camera, don't change anything, you should be good to go. New Retail orders can only be ordered with either Trailer Tow Package (53A) or Max Trailer Tow Package (53C) to be considered for scheduling. You can no longer order Tow Tech Package (17T) and still be scheduled.

Ford Co-Pilot360 Active (43C on 502a-901A equipment groups) You must now add Active Park Assist 2.0 Removal (67X) or the orders won't be elgibile to schedule.

Zach,
Any information on Ford requiring Adaptive Steering be deleted from orders?

Bannerman

First Name
Johnson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tremor 402A, 2022 4Runner ORP
The packaging from Ford is really confusing. So I added Co-pilot 360 2.0 on my XL build - do I need to add Active Park Assist 2.0 Removal (67X) or do I need to add Trailer Tow Package (53A) or Max Trailer Tow Package (53C) to be considered for scheduling? I don't have any of the trailer or towing packages so I'm really confused now.
I believe an XL with the 360 Cameras will automatically be bumped to a MY23.

hotrodmex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a
You're reading too much into this. You are fine. The Park Assist and Towing stuff only matters if your order had any of those features on it to begin with.

Sponsored

Bannerman

First Name
Johnson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
From what I can tell it doesn't have the 360 camera but it does have some cameras??

1649262653388.png
Oh sorry, I misread. You are ok.

EDIT: not even availible on XL or XLT.

Ford F-150 3% Under Invoice 2022 F-150 Order - Granger Ford 1649262869005

dothedew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride, Model 3 Performance
So it seems CoPilot360 Assist 2.0 and COPilot360 2.0 are different?

[confirmed] I looked at the order guide lol

Last edited:

uk_brewer

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Odyssey

Hi Zach,

I have an order in for a Lariat 502A with max tow package, tow mirrors and 360 camera package. Is this going to be an issue for scheduling?

Thanks.

Bannerman

First Name
Johnson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hi Zach,

I have an order in for a Lariat 502A with max tow package, tow mirrors and 360 camera package. Is this going to be an issue for scheduling?

Thanks.
For Existing Retail orders if you have an existing order with a Co-Pilot360 Assist 2.0 camera, don't change anything, you should be good to go. New Retail orders can only be ordered with either Trailer Tow Package (53A) or Max Trailer Tow Package (53C) to be considered for scheduling.

Sponsored

PatchManager

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew
Occupation
Firmware Engineer

Thank you for this information! That was helpful. Since you will have allocation for approximately 1/3 of your orders, 2/3 of us with orders likely won't get scheduled in April. How do you prioritize you current orders? Is it based on the order date and reflected in the order priority? Will I see my order priority change at some point?

thechester

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
Thank you for this information! That was helpful. Since you will have allocation for approximately 1/3 of your orders, 2/3 of us with orders likely won't get scheduled in April. How do you prioritize you current orders? Is it based on the order date and reflected in the order priority? Will I see my order priority change at some point?
I'd be curious to see all of the thought processes laid out but I don't think that's a realistic ask.

Ford also needs to plan their production and I assume that is done before they decide how to distribute those produced vehicles to dealers. I would think that Granger's allocation is secondary to what Ford plans to build each week.

For example, I would imagine Ford says "we're going to build F150 XLT's this week" and from there they decide which dealers get those XLT's.

DarkSkyForever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Mustang GT, 2022 F150 701A (Ordered)
Occupation
Software Engineer
Granger likely isn't dictating what orders are selected. They place the orders, Ford chooses which to fulfil based on order date, availability of parts, and then magic.

Granger and other dealers can set a priority of 10 through 19. The lower the priority, the more likely it is to get selected relative to other orders at Granger.

Ford will drop the priority below a 10 for outstanding orders automatically. Mine was a 19 until Ford lowered it to a 2 at the end of last week. I ordered through Granger 12/7/2021. Still no VIN.

All I can offer for you is to buckle up and wait. Ford is behind significantly on vehicles built from this time last year and that doesn't seem to be changing anytime soon. They're even no longer taking 2022 orders on several vehicles. Some ordered after mid Feb will likely roll over to 2023 models at this point.

RalpL

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 King Ranch, 601A, PB, 4x2, AMB/SG
Occupation
Retired
Zach,

You've been very forthcoming on these forums, and I've mentioned before how appreciate we all are of your candor and advice.

I have some questions about Price Protection as it relates to the Dec 27 and Feb 15 base price increases. As the memos to dealers indicated, price protection would be automatic on confirmed orders placed before certain dates and already invoiced vehicles would not be re-invoiced. As we know, window stickers are generated based on the price level currently in place when the vehicle is produced. So, to use my own situation as an example, I signed my preview order for a 2022 model year on Oct 1 at Price Level 215 and I'm registered in COVP. The window sticker was issued about a week before my Blend Date of Jan 25 and indicates Price Level 225 with an invoice date of 1/19/22. It includes the $880 base price increase of Dec 27, but not the $1500 increase of Feb 15. I have friends who also have confirmed order dates before the price increases and their window stickers reflect both because their trucks were produced after Feb 15. Then the chip holds happened, and we were all delayed.

My dealer says they have not yet been invoiced by Ford for my truck. They are saying since price protection is supposed to be automatic, they will use whatever Ford invoices them because if price protection is automatic and I don't have it, then I must not have been eligible for it.

Bottom line: What are you seeing at Granger? Are the Ford invoices to you reflecting price protection in scenarios such as above - or - are you having to go back to Ford and apply for a price protection refund?

TIA
Sponsored

Last edited: