JerryLZ

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 502A PB
Lol America sucks lol
Never paid for any type of accessories on my last 3 trucks including this one.
You probably paid sticker price and got the hank hill deal though.

I hope you get the reference, Its not funny when I have to explain it
Sponsored

AggieGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
Anybody know how long it typically takes to ship from Dearborn to Granger?

IF my truck gets built next weekend(Blend 5/21), and IF there are no chip holds/delays, what are the chances I can pick it up from Granger before the weekend of June 18th?
My truck was built at Dearborn the week of 3/21. Sat at the plant till 4/13 and has been at ramp 58 to this point (5/12) with an estimated delivery date that changes for the worse every three days.

Currently have a 5/16 delivery date, but have little faith it will make that date

Ryan091

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 f150. 2022 f150 on order
Occupation
Tool and mold
You probably paid sticker price and got the hank hill deal though.

I hope you get the reference, Its not funny when I have to explain it
Try again bud, and I’m way too young for any hank hill reference

mike_omzig

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
FWIW, a few days ago I inquired directly (via email) about arranging a Ford Accessory purchase/installation to be coordinated with my F150 delivery that's currently at "In Production" status; I offered to pay for that Ford Accessory item and installation up-front separate from the truck. Here's the email reply I received from Chip yesterday 5/11:

"Unfortunately, per the owner we are no longer ordering accessories or aftermarket parts. The Accessories department is on pause. So we will from now on only be installing DIO options that come from the Ford build that they selected."
("DIO" = Dealer Installed Option, an item listed in the Order Guide as available for order with a truck from the factory but shipped separately to the dealer for local installation)
Thanks for the reply. I kind of was thinking that would be the response. If they would deliver to my house I would be fine with that as well. The Ford accessory site doesn't have an option for large items shipped to individuals.

Bannerman

First Name
Johnson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tremor 402A, 2022 4Runner ORP
My truck was built at Dearborn the week of 3/21. Sat at the plant till 4/13 and has been at ramp 58 to this point (5/12) with an estimated delivery date that changes for the worse every three days.

Currently have a 5/16 delivery date, but have little faith it will make that date
Is it shipping by rail or convoy?

Sponsored

AggieGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
Convoy to ramp 58 then rail. Ive been told that Norfolk Southern ships out of ramp 58, so you can track the progress from there once they give you the railcar #. However, I still have not gotten the Railcar #

Bannerman

First Name
Johnson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mine is shown as "Convoy" from Dearborn to Granger.

IIRC Convoy can mean truck, or rail and truck
Same, I didn't know that. Thought it was convoy(truck) or rail.

Bannerman

First Name
Johnson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mine is shown as "Convoy" from Dearborn to Granger.

IIRC Convoy can mean truck, or rail and truck
Just looked, you had it the wrong way around I believe. Convoy is truck, rail is part of the way on train.

Ford F-150 3% Under Invoice 2022 F-150 Order - Granger Ford 1652384406785

thechester

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
Hey Granger Gang,

I know how much everyone here loves numbers and I wanted to pass along some sales and availability statistics, that should give you a window into Ford’s production. The chart below is a representation of Ford's Sales and Inventory. Sales shows how many units have been delivered at the dealership to a customer and inventory shows how many units Ford is prepared to ship/in-transit/or on dealer lots. This is a representation of approximately 250 dealers in our Midwest region.

FordSalesInventoryTotalAVG Percentage
XL39354393613%
XLT13421795313743%
Tremor2202174376%
Lariat7931184197727%
King Ranch881662543%
Platinum1532844376%
Limited4837841%
Total303742267263

As you can see, The XLT and Lariat are leading the pack and are likely to be built faster than other builds. This is mainly based on orders/commodity restrictions. If you have a King Ranch, Platinum, or Limited order in, please be prepared for a wait. We're hoping to see Ford smooth out the commodity issues going into the 2023 Model Year, but time will tell.

The chart below shows Granger Motors unscheduled F-150 orders.

Granger MotorsUnscheduledAVG Percentage
XL84%
XLT2010%
Tremor4723%
Lariat6130%
King Ranch136%
Platinum4924%
Limited73%
Total205

With a total of 205 unscheduled orders, we are seeing many commodity restrictions affect our customers. These charts may help you understand exactly why that is the case.

In conclusion: The more technology or chips your build requires, It is likely you will have a longer wait time than other customers with an XLT, Temor, etc. If you have any questions, please ask below and I will try and answer anything I can.
@Granger Ford any chance we can sweet talk you into an updated table after yesterday's scheduling session?

Thanks!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Principal at Granger Motors

hotrodmex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a
Just looked, you had it the wrong way around I believe. Convoy is truck, rail is part of the way on train.

1652384406785.png
Got updated by Chip, and it just throws a wrench into everything here.

Ford F-150 3% Under Invoice 2022 F-150 Order - Granger Ford 1652465380553

He said it was coming to the "KC shipyard." And what's dead center in Melvindale?

Ford F-150 3% Under Invoice 2022 F-150 Order - Granger Ford 1652465450380

A railyard, right next to the saddest family fun center with go-kart track I've ever seen.

This is all more of a curiosity to me than anything. I'm in the "my truck gets there when it gets there, by however it gets there" people, but figure Chip knows the truck haulers come up from KC and not all the way from Dearborn. For those that care, seems like this is another weird Ford designation that has varied internal meanings.

AggieGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
My understanding is the go from ramp 58 by rail to KC. Then trucked to dealer

Last edited:

RalpL

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 King Ranch, 601A, PB, 4x2, AMB/SG
Occupation
Retired
Got updated by Chip, and it just throws a wrench into everything

He said it was coming to the "KC shipyard." And what's dead center in Melvindale?

A railyard, right next to the saddest family fun center with go-kart track I've ever seen.

This is all more of a curiosity to me than anything. I'm in the "my truck gets there when it gets there, by however it gets there" people, but figure Chip knows the truck haulers come up from KC and not all the way from Dearborn. For those that care, seems like this is another weird Ford designation that has varied internal meanings.
Mine moved the same way after being released from chip hold at Ramp 51 in Flat Rock by Vehi-Ship to Ramp 58 in Melvindale for Norfolk Southern rail transport to Wilmington DE and then truck transport to the dealership outside Philly. BTW - Vehi-Ship is a driver service, so it was probably driven the 20 or so miles from Ramp 51 to 58.

ARegularJoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Feb 2 Order: 22 Lariat 500A/3.5 EB/FX4/Max Tow/+
Got updated by Chip, and it just throws a wrench into everything here.

1652465380553.png

1652465450380.png

So if you take a little larger view, you can see the vehicle yard just east of that switching yard. You can actually see, at the time of the photo (Google timestamp is in 2022) that there aren't many in transit. The vehicles are grouped in the yard, maybe in manifest groups to a destination or a group of enroute destinations?. Looks like three strings are being loaded, with two loading ramps sitting idle. Google doesn't publish those satellite shots with the resolution to read VINs though ... darn it anyway.
Sponsored

Last edited: