3" Rough Country Lift and 35's

Gee_Whiz

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum
Maybe the Vertex Coilovers, since they have different levels of adjustment?
I was thinking the same thing. I almost went with the Vertex during installation. I'm kicking myself now. I wonder what best of the best would be.
Sponsored

Tremorsaurus Rex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Tremor
Occupation
Disabled Veteran
Got the 3" Rough Country lift installed a couple of weeks ago and just got the new tires on. 35 x 12.5 x 18 on factory Sport wheels. Went with the 3" so they didn't have to cut anything. Overall I'm happy, coming from a SuperDuty I feel like I'm back up at that height again. Had to use 1/4" spacers in the front to clear the A Arms, but if you went 35 x 11.5 they would likely be no problem.

PXL_20220310_151335537.jpg
PXL_20220310_010500180.jpg

PXL_20220310_151312321.jpg

PXL_20220310_151324889.jpg
Thank you for this. Debating something similar to my Tremor.

Bugzuki

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 PowerBoost Super Crew 4x4
I have the 3 inch Rough Country lift with 33" tires. When on dirt road with small wash board the back axle can completely loose connection with the road at 50mph. Then when you take turns it will slide out in the back. It makes it very inconsistent and dangerous feeling.

Steveflowers89

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
Occupation
Landscape
I would be curious to see how the vertex would do. I just got the 3” lifted struts with the v2 in the rear. First of all, the initial struts they sent were too long, and had the geometry of the cv axles all jacked up. The next ones they sent bolted up, but rode terrible, so I ordered the vertex for the front, and they wouldn’t even bolt up. RC then suggested that the only other option would be the 2” lifted struts. We went that route, and the ride quality is absolutely terrible. I have had no issues with RC up to this point. I had a 6” lift with vertex all the way around on my tundra and loved it. I don’t know if it’s my brand new truck, or RC as far as the vertex is concerned. It has us baffled because just about every single review I have seen for that 3” kit has been positive. The shop I use has put thousands of these RC kits on, and as far as I know, they’ve never run across a case quite like mine. It has me really frustrated. Looks good, but rides terrible.

Ford F-150 3" Rough Country Lift and 35's F87801F5-35E7-4D3E-BEFD-AAE6B03C5D1D

4433bales

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lincoln Aviator, 2020 F350 , 2022 F150 PB
I would be curious to see how the vertex would do. I just got the 3” lifted struts with the v2 in the rear. First of all, the initial struts they sent were too long, and had the geometry of the cv axles all jacked up. The next ones they sent bolted up, but rode terrible, so I ordered the vertex for the front, and they wouldn’t even bolt up. RC then suggested that the only other option would be the 2” lifted struts. We went that route, and the ride quality is absolutely terrible. I have had no issues with RC up to this point. I had a 6” lift with vertex all the way around on my tundra and loved it. I don’t know if it’s my brand new truck, or RC as far as the vertex is concerned. It has us baffled because just about every single review I have seen for that 3” kit has been positive. The shop I use has put thousands of these RC kits on, and as far as I know, they’ve never run across a case quite like mine. It has me really frustrated. Looks good, but rides terrible.

Ford F-150 3" Rough Country Lift and 35's f87801f5-35e7-4d3e-befd-aae6b03c5d1d-jpe

Truck looks awesome! What offset and tire/wheel setup are you running?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Eco_Beast

Eco_Beast

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 3.5L EcoBoost
Occupation
Electrician / Graphic Designer
That sucks, I came from a 1 ton and did the suspension within a week of owning the truck. I'm not sure how soft the f150's normally are, but I feel like with the susp and Toyos the ride is nice and tight.

nolimitf150

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT Powerboost
Glad I found this thread. I’ve got the same size tires ready to mount on my sport 18” wheels as soon as my lift kit arrives on Feb 27th. I also ordered the RC 3” but with the M1 monotube setup. Hoping it rides nice. My concern was the +44 factory offset and how I was gonna fit the wider tires since the factory tires are only a fingers width away from the A arms already. Sounds like we just need a 1/4” spacer for clearance?

Tman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 crew cab previous 2006 F150 crew cab

F87801F5-35E7-4D3E-BEFD-AAE6B03C5D1D.jpeg
Did you change your upper control arm?
Sponsored