Sponsored

3 months in, found a new feature! What surprised you months after purchase?

Mylriahd

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Plat
Seattle was hot enough this last weekend I was struggling to keep things cool (I hadn't figured out how Auto worked yet). I had "Max AC" enabled and was driving, of course the fans were blowing 100% to cool the cabin down. My daughter texted me, and as google started to read the message to me the fans reduced speed to let me to hear the message. The center vents turned way down, and the outside vents turned down maybe 50% which reduced the noise significantly. After the message was read and I responded, all the fans came back up to 100%. I wasn't sure if that was a fluke or not, so I did an "ok google" and sure enough the fans adjusted again to let me speak and hear better.

Maybe this isn't news to anyone else, but what a thoughtful feature. I love finding new stuff like this and realized there are probably more little touches like this no one talks about. Any other cool little discoveries out there?
Sponsored

LHoffmanjr22

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat Supercrew Powerboost
Seattle was hot enough this last weekend I was struggling to keep things cool (I hadn't figured out how Auto worked yet). I had "Max AC" enabled and was driving, of course the fans were blowing 100% to cool the cabin down. My daughter texted me, and as google started to read the message to me the fans reduced speed to let me to hear the message. The center vents turned way down, and the outside vents turned down maybe 50% which reduced the noise significantly. After the message was read and I responded, all the fans came back up to 100%. I wasn't sure if that was a fluke or not, so I did an "ok google" and sure enough the fans adjusted again to let me speak and hear better.

Maybe this isn't news to anyone else, but what a thoughtful feature. I love finding new stuff like this and realized there are probably more little touches like this no one talks about. Any other cool little discoveries out there?

This was by far and away one of my favorite features in my 2017 F150. I didn't realize how great it was until I bought a Ram and it didn't have this. I haven't needed to use Max AC in my 2021 yet, but I am glad that it's there.

shalabama

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
I discovered truck automatically shifts into park when you turn it off. Was quite impressed by this until I discovered wife's SUV does the same..... :/

Kingtermite

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch, 2018 Kia niro
Occupation
Software Dev
Seattle was hot enough this last weekend I was struggling to keep things cool (I hadn't figured out how Auto worked yet).
Hey there. Another local nearby. Your profile says you are in Samamish. I am up in Snohomish county, just north. Moved here from Renton last year. Oh...and ordered my F150 King Ranch last weekend in that heat wave.

djteotancolis

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Genesis G80
Occupation
Analyst
I discovered truck automatically shifts into park when you turn it off. Was quite impressed by this until I discovered wife's SUV does the same..... :/
I love this feature until you drive someone else cars and forget it needs to go in park. Hope everyone starts adopting it.

Sponsored

pierowman

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Explorer Titanium 2016, F150 Platinum 2021
On my 2016 Explorer i didnt find out till 6 months later the active motion seats could be activated from the seat controls by pushing a button in the middle of the circle adjustment. Rather than navigating the sync screens to find the setting. Life changing :)

Doggy-Dog

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Pacifica Limited & 2021 Loaded Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Don't feel bad about finding "things" on your vehicle after having it a long time. I recently discovered I had voice command for the temperature on my Limited(not Ford) after having it for 2-1/2 years. Used it for navigation and radio, but never thought about the temperature. There is just so much on these cars/vans/trucks now days it is hard to get everything.

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
We are a funny bunch, finding new stuff long after buying.
I bought a 94 T-Bird with auto climate control and had it a year before I realized I could shut it off.
Had my 98 K1500 a few years before I found out why the dome lights would not work—tiny dome override was off.
Push the button and the domes worked. I panicked a bit because I did not realize they were on a retained power relay and took some time to shut off

Whoosh

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' PB F150,18&20 Ecoboost Explorer Platinum,
Occupation
Worker of lead
Realized today on our trip home from St. Louis that the "I'm hungry" voice command no longer brings up a list of restaurants with the 21' (worked with sync 3); that the "max auto" button limits the fan speed; you no longer have to turn the cruise (or active cruise) on, just hit set and finally that you have to sweep left on saved addresses in order to personalize them in navigation
Sponsored