• Thread starter Deleted member 17130
  • Start date
  • Watchers 2
OP
OP

Deleted member 17130

IMG_9065.jpeg

is this what they greased?
That sure looks like the turbo wastegate actuating arm. See if you can have someone in the truck press on the gas pedal quickly not hold it down and see if the sound is made the same time that moves. If so, have your dealer remove and grease the affected turbo (right, left or both). It's been 500 miles at least and sound has not returned. I did notice I get a funny exhaust flange chatter noise when I shut my door remotely hard as if a heat shield or metal clamp is slapping the exhaust pipe itself. Found the exact location but actually appears it's behind the Y pipe junction or right at it.

DrZoidberg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremor Ordered
That sure looks like the turbo wastegate actuating arm. See if you can have someone in the truck press on the gas pedal quickly not hold it down and see if the sound is made the same time that moves. If so, have your dealer remove and grease the affected turbo (right, left or both). It's been 500 miles at least and sound has not returned. I did notice I get a funny exhaust flange chatter noise when I shut my door remotely hard as if a heat shield or metal clamp is slapping the exhaust pipe itself. Found the exact location but actually appears it's behind the Y pipe junction or right at it.
On page 3 I quoted and sent a link to a video. I didn’t do video but I watched that actuator at idle and it squeaks l. Just want to make sure it’s not something more. Mine happens randomly through idle or if I like tap the gas pedal real quick.

I wish your video was still up so I could compare the noise. But I think this is it, good to know it’s not a terrible fix.

OP
OP

Deleted member 17130

On page 3 I quoted and sent a link to a video. I didn’t do video but I watched that actuator at idle and it squeaks l. Just want to make sure it’s not something more. Mine happens randomly through idle or if I like tap the gas pedal real quick.

I wish your video was still up so I could compare the noise. But I think this is it, good to know it’s not a terrible fix.

I just realized my videos are not on my profile anymore. F'in YouTube. Sorry that's annoying

Sponsored

OP
OP

Deleted member 17130

is this it?

100% that's the noise. It's at that pivot point. Metal on metal contact. I think they removed the arm and greased it.

Broomsky

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT PB FX4 Avalanche
100% that's the noise. It's at that pivot point. Metal on metal contact. I think they removed the arm and greased it.
Sorry for reviving this thread but 100% I had the same issue and that’s exactly what mine sounded like and greasing the actuator arm solved the issue. @Twenty2150 did your sound ever come back?

OP
OP

Deleted member 17130

Sorry for reviving this thread but 100% I had the same issue and that’s exactly what mine sounded like and greasing the actuator arm solved the issue. @Twenty2150 did your sound ever come back?
It has maybe ever so slightly I almost hear a faint sound but nothing like before. And usually no I don't hear it most days.
Sponsored