• Watchers 2

{tpc}

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 302a High SuperCrew 3.5 EB MaxTow
Well I can say I haven't heard either of those sounds while driving my '22. Occasionally I hear something odd on shutdown, but I always thought it was related to IWE? Either way, it doesn't sound like that and its not continuous.

Reminds me I need to get on the schedule for the dealer to complete all the recalls and CSP stuff.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Deleted member 17130

Well I can say I haven't heard either of those sounds while driving my '22. Occasionally I hear something odd on shutdown, but I always thought it was related to IWE? Either way, it doesn't sound like that and its not continuous.

Reminds me I need to get on the schedule for the dealer to complete all the recalls and CSP stuff.
I ran my truck through NHTSA and doesn't come up for any recalls...what's CSP?

{tpc}

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I ran my truck through NHTSA and doesn't come up for any recalls...what's CSP?
Customer Satisfaction Program. I know I have at least one recall with the wiper, and one CSP with the tailgate. I thought there was another recall for something else but maybe I am incorrect. Might just be those two things. Plus I'd like to get them to replace my battery since it doesn't take more than 3 days to enter deep sleep to conserve battery, and then it sometimes takes 3 days to get out of that mode because I don't have a lot of "extended" drives sometimes. Annoying.

OP
OP

Deleted member 17130

Customer Satisfaction Program. I know I have at least one recall with the wiper, and one CSP with the tailgate. I thought there was another recall for something else but maybe I am incorrect. Might just be those two things. Plus I'd like to get them to replace my battery since it doesn't take more than 3 days to enter deep sleep to conserve battery, and then it sometimes takes 3 days to get out of that mode because I don't have a lot of "extended" drives sometimes. Annoying.
Most of the time i'm driving 10 miles each direction to and from work and then maybe in the eveing with family to pick up groceries or dinner.

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
Just think of it as an alarm clock for the neighbors:

Sponsored

{tpc}

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just think of it as an alarm clock for the neighbors:

LOL my neighbor has the v8 parked next to the side of the house my bed is on. Every morning he remote starts it, and its my second alarm clock.

Side note, I don't feel as bad when I get up early and pull out the snowblower in the winter or the leaf blower in the summer. :D

bcb97

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150, 2020 Expedition
My truck does the chirp and honestly it's never really bothered me. These engines can be noisy at times. My last 3.5 Eco was the same. Certain characteristic type of noises that never were an issue.

OP
OP

Deleted member 17130

My truck does the chirp and honestly it's never really bothered me. These engines can be noisy at times. My last 3.5 Eco was the same. Certain characteristic type of noises that never were an issue.
Your chirps as bad as mine does? lol might wanna at least get it documented if you're low on miles and still got a lot of miles left on warranty. When you google something or sift through forums and can't find much for an answer its definitely worth getting documented to keep in your records. I won't give anyone a reason to deny a warranty if I can help it. CYA if nothing else.

bcb97

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150, 2020 Expedition
Your chirps as bad as mine does? lol might wanna at least get it documented if you're low on miles and still got a lot of miles left on warranty. When you google something or sift through forums and can't find much for an answer its definitely worth getting documented to keep in your records. I won't give anyone a reason to deny a warranty if I can help it. CYA if nothing else.
I've only got 5100 miles so plenty of time left on the b2b warranty. Earlier when I shut it off, I heard it for a second. Pretty sure it's normal and still not worried about it.

OP
OP

Deleted member 17130

@Grafx36510 @WhiteLightningnshitshadow

The techs write up for the issue was in fact for the driver side turbo wastegate actuator as suspected but it's not bad. Here's the write up:

TECH 209613. VERIFIED CUSTOMER'S CONCERN. USED STETHOSCOPE TO PIN POINT NOISE TO LEFT HAND TURBOCHARGER WASTE GATE ACTUATOR ARM. FOUND WASTE GATE ACTUATOR ARM TO ACTUATOR MAKING NOISE. REMOVED ARM. INSTALLED HIGH TEMPERATURE GREASE TO ACTUATOR. REINSTALLED ARM. RECHECKED FOR CONCERN. CONCERN NO LONGER PRESENT. ALL OKAY AT THIS TIME.

LITHIA FORD, BOISE IDAHO

Sponsored

OP
OP

Deleted member 17130

Got back my truck yesterday and it appears the noise has been minimized greatly and i sometimes hear a faint noise but definitely nothing to be concerned of. When driving, i hear nothing at all even at low speed press of accelerator with windows down and music off to confirm. Also, used 40k Ford Points to help pay for matching front window tint and the bed liner spray done. Great customer service experience and Lithia Ford Boise (Mike) took great care of me. Got to have a loaner during a very busy time. So far my Ford experience has been good. The only thing I might check out in the future is if my transmission downshift from 7 to 6 or 6 to 5 doesn't smooth out i may request them to check the trans fluid level from factory because it seems like it's more noticeable when the truck is cold and fluid hasn't warmed up/expanded in the transaxle.

Last edited by a moderator:

LarryIT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Lariat
I have a whine that I can hear in the range from ~40mph to ~60mph. It only seems to be present when I am at a somewhat constant speed in that range and at about 1400 rpm (+/- 100). If I remove my foot from the gas, the noise immediately stops before any change in speed. It is quite loud at 55mph. No noise while in park and I kick the rpms up to 1400. Started after I had about 2000 miles on truck. Any thoughts on cause? Transmission?

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I have a whine that I can hear in the range from ~40mph to ~60mph. It only seems to be present when I am at a somewhat constant speed in that range and at about 1400 rpm (+/- 100). If I remove my foot from the gas, the noise immediately stops before any change in speed. It is quite loud at 55mph. No noise while in park and I kick the rpms up to 1400. Started after I had about 2000 miles on truck. Any thoughts on cause? Transmission?
Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your F-150 concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.