First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 SCrew 157" Agate Black Lariat 502A
Occupation
CTMO
hmm, so i have a 22 3.5 Eco and (knock on wood) havent noticed a rough idle BUT have noticed multiple times the shudder. i can be doing 45-60mph and then just straight punch the throttle to the floor (normal mode usually)and notice a shudder shaking sensation. kinda of freaks me out but its not every time. on the times it does do it. after i left off, i'll slow down to do it again and it never replicates it.
Sponsored

Mdhfinsc

First Name
Merlin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150
Occupation
Tech
Hey guys,
Just bought a new 2021 XLT with the 3.5 EB
It was the last 3.5 one on the lot...
When I stepped in for the test drive, I noticed a slight shudder every 5-10 seconds - salesman said it was fine.
didn't trust him - went in and talked to the shop guy; he said it was normal for the first thousand or so miles.
is this true?
Yep. Mine too. I just bought a 2022 3.5L. Same problem. Mine has 3K miles. It has not gone away. Really disappointed. It’s bad to be on idle and feel that vibration in the cabin. It will not go away. I wouldn’t recommend the 3.5 eco to anyone. I hate this truck already.

GT4

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT Sport 302a, 6.5" bed (ordered)
I contribute it to the truck putting you into 10th gear basically within 3 seconds after you start accelerating from a stop. It’s totally ridiculous and I hate the feeling. Are there any software upgrades to fix this? Thx
This is my issue too. Shifts up to a super high gear (8-10) early, and holds it while slowing down going under 40mph. Mine seems to have intermittent but usual vibrations now. Noticed about 3 weeks ago. Comes and goes but mostly is around

J17GT

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat 502a
My 2023 has had a rough idle since new. Just over 1000 miles on the truck now. It’s my only complaint with this truck currently. It only idles a bit rough when in park and it idles at 700rpms. Give it a little gas to raise the idle to 800rpms or so and it smooths out.

When idling in drive it sits at 600 or 500rpms and it’s smooth.

Can I live with it? I guess… Rather not have Ford blindly throw parts at It since it seems to be “normal.“

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
My 2023 has had a rough idle since new. Just over 1000 miles on the truck now. It’s my only complaint with this truck currently. It only idles a bit rough when in park and it idles at 700rpms. Give it a little gas to raise the idle to 800rpms or so and it smooths out.

Can I live with it? I guess… Rather not have Ford blindly throw parts at It since it seems to be “normal.“
Hello! Could you privately message us with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer so I can look into this rough idle concern? Thank you!

Sponsored

bassaway

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat FX4 3.5L

My 2021 has this exact same behavior

Quattshot

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Tech
Forget the idle. That’s no big deal. The SHUDDERING is complexly fucked up. For the money we pay, it shouldn’t feel this way. It’s absolutely horrible and cheap feeling. It’s actually embarrassing to be honest. Damn shame because overall I love the damn truck. The power is awesome. It’s most definitely the truck being in such a high gear that it shudders under acceleration at lower speeds. My steering ratio is horrendous but that’s another story.

Gutshot

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 XLT screw
Occupation
Aggregate junkie
My 22 is currently at my dealer, my “flutter” might not be the same as the posts above, it has happened twice, both times on freeway at 70 mph, on cruise control, psi gauge would bounce between 7-9 lbs for less than 10 seconds and go away. They are going to test drive it, money says it drives completely fine and I’m trying to convince them of what actually took place.

gooby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XL
Currently sitting in my f150 2.7 '22 and being shaken by my truck idling. As soon as I apply any pressure and raise the RPM 100+ it goes away. As soon as it gets back to the 600 or whatever idling spot, it shakes. Calling dealer now. Never noticed it before the first 5k mile oil change. Now at 6k miles. Wonder if they did something wrong.

J17GT

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat 502a
Hello! Could you privately message us with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer so I can look into this rough idle concern? Thank you!
Sure… @Ford Motor Company since this seems to be a common issue, if you would kindly share what has fixed this for others, I’ll gladly provide that info to have the same fix applied to my truck. :)

Sponsored

Quattshot

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Tech
Sure… @Ford Motor Company since this seems to be a common issue, if you would kindly share what has fixed this for others, I’ll gladly provide that info to have the same fix applied to my truck. :)
Can Ford help us with the shuddering? Unless it’s totally normal which it seems is.

jhat3k1

First Name
Jhat3k1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
@Ford Motor Company I see your account commenting on similar threads as far back as Nov 2021. This is obviously a known, ongoing issue that is causing many owners issues.

Do you know if/when Ford is going to take this issue seriously? I am a die-hard, blue oval guy, but this is insanity.

Can you please help?

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
@Ford Motor Company I see your account commenting on similar threads as far back as Nov 2021. This is obviously a known, ongoing issue that is causing many owners issues.

Do you know if/when Ford is going to take this issue seriously? I am a die-hard, blue oval guy, but this is insanity.

Can you please help?
Hi there. This rough idle concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your F-150. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.

jhat3k1

First Name
Jhat3k1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Hi Ford,

Thanks for reaching out.

While I'm happy to provide you with this info, it seems like you have requested it ad nauseum from previous owners, all with the identical issue... For YEARS, and never a resolution.

What do you plan on doing differently thin time to make sure we're taken care of?

Thank you

Dadofjax

First Name
DadofJax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
That Ford rep is a troll account they just come here throw up their copy/paste to meet their daily quota.

According to multiple dealerships the idle is "normal". The shudder there is another large thread that has a TSB in it that did help my truck. Just ignore that Ford rep they are completely worthless.
Sponsored