First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum 3.0 Powerstroke
Occupation
Neonatal Respiratory Therapist
I’ve had my eco-boost for about seven weeks now. And I have to say, MPG on it isn’t good. Vehicle average since purchase is 15.1 mpg, bone stock I got 19 to 20.5 on the freeway. After the level and upsize to 34 inch tires, I am averaging about 16 to 18 (lucky on the 18) on the highway with an overall average of 13.7. Kinda missing my 3.0 powerstroke at the moment lol. Obviously the power of the truck is far better than the powerstroke, and you get pro power on board too, but it would be nice to at least get 18 on the highway consistently LOL.
Sponsored

CptBligh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 302A 4x4 3.5
Occupation
Ag
This is one of the reasons I've been reluctant to go aftermarket tires, it's the single biggest MPG killer you can do. P highway tires to bigger LT all terrains = goodbye mileage. My level and tires are going on Monday though :D

spud_41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat 502a, Lead Foot 3.5L EB Fx4
That ...The ride quality and acceleration all suffer, I'm staying stock after looking at doing the level and 295's I'm thinking the ford engineers are on to something!
Leveled trucks just look so much better, but I'm staying stock too, at least for a year. Then I'll probably do wheels and 285 or 295's, and see how everything works with it leveled thanks to other people's experiences.

Hugo

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 SC Lariat 3.5 EB FX4 Carbonized Grey
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Yeah the lift and tires change everything when it comes to aerodynamics and weight to push. I'm keep mine stock and getting pretty darn close to sticker mpg. I feel like I'm in the minority for sure but I like the payload rake ?‍♂.

Sponsored

RCR001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
yes the payload rake is working very well towing my trailers around. Last truck i levelled i ended up putting air bags in the back so i could level it again with a trailer.

KBKEITH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT SCREW 5.5, BAP, 3.5EB
My former ‘18 with the 3.5 would get around 19-19.5 MPG in the winter. My 2.7 is getting 21+.

CnB150Lariat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat, PB, Fx4, SuperCrew w/5.5 Bed
While I don’t have mine as long as you do, I did a little running around today and put about 20 or so miles on the truck with 50/50 split hwy/ city driving and Mpg for today was 19.1 driving the speed limits and no heavy acceleration. This was all in eco mode

My MPG wasn’t as good as I would’ve thought but definitely better than I was getting with the 3.5 eco boost it replaced for a similar errand run type of day. So while I agree with you for now it’s too early for me to tell with barely 100 miles on it and temps well below the freezing mark it can’t judge yet.

The performance is a completely different story though!

cakryg

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Tundra
I get around 19mpg but I just put my first tank of gas in the truck so its barely broken in. I'm hoping for a solid 20 but this is already way better than my tundra and the power is fantastic.

BMWtoF150

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch, 3.5 Eco
Occupation
Retired, Part Time Consultant
i Have almost 2200 miles on my 3.5 ECO and I am averaging about 17.8 MPG. About a 50/50 mixed highway/city. Premium Gas. I like the accelerator too much:)

Sponsored

Blue Spruce

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT 302 Screw, 6.5’, 3.5 EB
I’m curious... are most people quoting the dash MPG or actual set the trip to zero on fill-up, run a tank of gas and then do some math? I’ve found my dash MPG was a little optimistic compared to filling up and doing some math... I think last tank the dash MPG was 10% higher then actual.

my 3.5 ecoboost is showing 16mpg at the moment with about 1/4 Tank left but its colder than a well digger’s belt buckle right now and I’m warming up the truck before every short 5 mile city trip I take. Longer highway trips and the dash MPG is showing 19-20 if I keep my foot off the gas.

BMWtoF150

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch, 3.5 Eco
Occupation
Retired, Part Time Consultant
I’m curious... are most people quoting the dash MPG or actual set the trip to zero on fill-up, run a tank of gas and then do some math? I’ve found my dash MPG was a little optimistic compared to filling up and doing some math... I think last tank the dash MPG was 10% higher then actual.

my 3.5 ecoboost is showing 16mpg at the moment with about 1/4 Tank left but its colder than a well digger’s belt buckle right now and I’m warming up the truck before every short 5 mile city trip I take. Longer highway trips and the dash MPG is showing 19-20 if I keep my foot off the gas.
I admit that is the LOM number. It is about 1MPG less when hand calculated.

Elkhunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat
I use this site/app. Www.Fuelly.com

Pre leveling best tank was 16.5 about 70% in town driving.

OP
OP
Platinum Peasant

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum 3.0 Powerstroke
Occupation
Neonatal Respiratory Therapist
I admit, I accelerate more aggressive than I should. The highway mileage is what is most disappointing for me. Honestly thought getting 18-20 on the highway at 65mpg would be realistic.

Madman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3 Ford Explorers
Occupation
Engineer
I’ve had my eco-boost for about seven weeks now. And I have to say, MPG on it isn’t good. Vehicle average since purchase is 15.1 mpg, bone stock I got 19 to 20.5 on the freeway. After the level and upsize to 34 inch tires, I am averaging about 16 to 18 (lucky on the 18) on the highway with an overall average of 13.7. Kinda missing my 3.0 powerstroke at the moment lol. Obviously the power of the truck is far better than the powerstroke, and you get pro power on board too, but it would be nice to at least get 18 on the highway consistently LOL.
OK - Maybe this is a dumb question on my part, but did you recalibrate the speedometer after switching to the 34's?

As I understand it, the truck is actually counting revolutions and translating that to distance. If it thinks you have 33" tires but you now have 34" tires, it will calculate fewer miles than you've actually driven. Therefore, the truck will display ~3% worse miles/gallon than you are actually getting. The heavier mass of the bigger wheels and the worse aerodynamics from the lift are bigger factors.
Sponsored