3.0 diesel and the PowerBoost

Rod507

Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 XLT Powerboost
Yeah, I only use normal mode, haven’t noticed any increase from Eco myself. I think it all just comes down to driving habits and how much you stay out of the boost and how well you cans squeeze additional electric miles out of it.
I completely agree! Initially I wanted the Diesel engine, but I was stuck on stupid and wanted the pro power onboard. I do like the balance of power and reasonable MPG of the PB.I’m used to 16MPG at best.The ideal setup is the 3.0 with pro power, but that ship has long sailed!
Advertisement

HCFX

Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Sport
The two may be close with their highway mileage with a slight advantage to the diesel having a taller gear ratio. The PB may also edge out the diesel around town. It's towing anything where you will notice the difference.

From what I've read and heard, the PB averages the same towing mileage as a regular 3.5. I have averaged 7.5-8mpg towing my 30ft toy hauler with 3 different 3.5's. I hooked that same toy hauler up to a 2019 3.0 Powerstroke on a windy day and took it on a route with a number of steep rolling hills (I averaged under 6mpg with my Ecoboost on this same route on the same day) and the PS ranged between 11.7 and 13mpg. I couldn't believe it.

Smokewagun

First Name
Bob
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ford F-150 Lariat 3.0L Stroke
Just some info here…
With my 2019 3.0L, I average about 27mpg on the interstate and towing my 6k brick TT, 15mpg is common in the Midwest. Most towing is no worse than 13mpg. Towing my flatbed trailer with 3 quads nets 21mpg coming back from Wisconsin. It won’t win a race, but is steady, stays in 10th, and pulls like a freighter. In all cases, I’m always 6+mpg over any of my 3.5L EB’s or my POS oil burner 5.0L.

Whiskey

First Name
Michael
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Hybrid, 2020 Toyota Corolla Hybrid
Occupation
Retired Miner
I don’t depend on what the dash gauges tell me as I have found them bias high. Good ole excel spreadsheet always tell the truth, screenshots has one cross country trip at speeds over 70 so we all know the fuel milage will be less. My PB now has over 20k on it but I’m sure the 3:55 rear 3.0 diesel will get better milage than my 3:76 rear 3.5 PB. One last comment, most often I find I can travel the same distance on gas for the same cost as diesel, why diesel is more expensive than gas IDK?
A8885FA1-77E1-4F50-A6DB-6024B6C00A99.png

machz

First Name
Shawn
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
Occupation
Systems Administrator
why diesel is more expensive than gas IDK?
Taxes, it's a way for the guberment to get more taxes as goods are shipped and the majority of diesel is used in transport. Plus the cost of producing "clean" diesel has increased the cost.

Reactions: WRS

Infotroll

Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150 2022
Taxes, it's a way for the guberment to get more taxes as goods are shipped and the majority of diesel is used in transport. Plus the cost of producing "clean" diesel has increased the cost.
Diesel costs less to make than gasoline just greed no need for it to cost more

1634928558810.png

Advertisement

Advertisement