2inch lift popping

Guntoter535

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Ford F-150 power boost
I have a 21 F150 power boost xlt fx4. I just installed the 2 inch motofab spacers and had the truck aligned. I am noticing a popping noise when the truck is in 4 wheel drive and turning. I know there was a iwe issue with the older models but haven’t really seen anything on the new trucks. I saw some reviews on readylifts site stating the same issue but no results. When I take the lift off, I have no issues. Any ideas? Thanks
Sponsored

OP
OP

Guntoter535

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yeah. After doing some research, the strut angle for the 4wd is different on the 21/22 then other years. A 2 inch lift spacer or strut for earlier years is actually lifting over 2 inches and maxing out the angles. I swapped my spacers for bilstien 5100 and set it at the 2 inch setting and still had the popping noise coming from the actuators. I dropped them to the 1 inch setting and the noise went away. I figured this out when i was looking at getting the fox 2.0 setup. They recommended lowering the spring perch almost a inch for 21’s so the lift stays at 2 inches. So the short answer is you need a 2 inch lift for only 21 and up or run a lower lift for previous years.

OP
OP

Guntoter535

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Also the iwe on the new models are different then older models and are magnetic. No air vacuum is needed when removing the drive axels like some of the install videos tell you.
Sponsored