First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum Powerboost
Occupation
CPA
My local shop is telling me the 295/60r20 tires are too wide for the oem wheel offset and will run on the uca. Any rubbing or did you have to do any trimming? Thanks!

OP
OP
trackstar1319

trackstar1319

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Sport FX4
Occupation
Appraiser
My local shop is telling me the 295/60r20 tires are too wide for the oem wheel offset and will run on the uca. Any rubbing or did you have to do any trimming? Thanks!

No rubbing with my setup and no trimming. Only modification was the 2" ReadyLift.

wayne

First Name
wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 platinum loaded, 2013 raptor
WHAT DID THEY PUT ON? DID YOU USE THE STOCK 20" RIMS? IF YOU GOT NEW RIMS WHAT OFFSET DID YOU USE?
DID YOU DO TRIMMING AND A 2" LIFT

Rich1982

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT/302A
Occupation
Semi retired
I'm curious if the Terra Grabbers actually needed the 2" lift to fit. Anyone have insights on this?
I chose the 275/65R20 Terra Grappler and have them installed on stock wheels with no suspension mods.
Also using a speedo app on my iPhone shows ~ 1% difference seems maybe my speedo was reading LOW with the stock tires?

Last edited:

Sponsored

Gen14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302A
I'm running 2.5" lift and 295/60-20 Ridge Grapplers on factory chrome 20"s and no issues on the UCA. My dealer put them on and also recalibrated the speedo, it would be 2-3 mph off. The dealer had a similar truck but 34x11.50 Terra Grapplers on the showroom floor. My setup looks wider and way more aggressive but I'm sure the Tera's are a touch quieter. You can hear a slight hum with my tires but its barely noticeable.

wayne

First Name
wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
@trackstar1319 -

This should be an interesting comparison - not just because of the size difference but also because the Ridge Grapplers and Terra Grapplers are pretty different aggressive-looking tires with different characteristics.

As an aside, I too will be having my F-150 delivered with those Hankooks, perhaps the single-most disappointing thing about the 2021 F-150. Its ratings in off-road, in mud & snow, and rain are mediocre and they look really bland for an AT tire. IMHO, they look cheap - especially on a $50-$80k vehicle. It's no coincidence that so many people are upgrading to Nitto's, to Michelins, to KO2's, and other tires - with many people even keeping to the stock 33" diameters!

I plan to replace mine with KO2's but am still back-and-forth between dia/width's. I'm looking forward to your assessment and your pics!
No rubbing with my setup and no trimming. Only modification was the 2" ReadyLift.

wayne

First Name
wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Trackstar, how come you did not use the K02 tires? I had them on my raptor. They were quiet. What sold you on the terras? Gas mileage?

So to be sure you have a 2021 using the stock 20” rims and offset. Your using 295/60 tires with just a 2” lift? Does your sport model have crash bars on the front? I know the platinum has them?

OP
OP
trackstar1319

trackstar1319

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Appraiser
Trackstar, how come you did not use the K02 tires? I had them on my raptor. They were quiet. What sold you on the terras? Gas mileage?

So to be sure you have a 2021 using the stock 20” rims and offset. Your using 295/60 tires with just a 2” lift? Does your sport model have crash bars on the front? I know the platinum has them?
Yes stock 20" sport wheels, I believe they are 8.5" wide. And yes it has crash bars. The AutoGear guy at Ford recommended the size and said he had installed before with no cutting and was as wide as he believed I could go, so that's how I chose the size. I chose the tire because it was a lil less aggressive than the the Ridge, but still giving the look I wanted... And it was the only tire on my short list that was actually available in a reasonable time frame.

OP
OP
trackstar1319

trackstar1319

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Appraiser
I'm running 2.5" lift and 295/60-20 Ridge Grapplers on factory chrome 20"s and no issues on the UCA. My dealer put them on and also recalibrated the speedo, it would be 2-3 mph off. The dealer had a similar truck but 34x11.50 Terra Grapplers on the showroom floor. My setup looks wider and way more aggressive but I'm sure the Tera's are a touch quieter. You can hear a slight hum with my tires but its barely noticeable.
I didn't get the calibration done and after testing with two different GPS speed indicators I am reading just under 1 mph difference at 75-mph. I wish I would have noted the speeds before the swap to confirm, but didn't think about it. So as far as I can tell with this particular tire size, I don't feel the need to recalibrate.

Sponsored

SportySpace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Sport 3.5
I didn't get the calibration done and after testing with two different GPS speed indicators I am reading just under 1 mph difference at 75-mph. I wish I would have noted the speeds before the swap to confirm, but didn't think about it. So as far as I can tell with this particular tire size, I don't feel the need to recalibrate.
Curious how big of a jump in road noise you noticed with the G2's compared to the stock Hankooks.

OP
OP
trackstar1319

trackstar1319

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Appraiser
Curious how big of a jump in road noise you noticed with the G2's compared to the stock Hankooks.
To be honest I haven't even thought about road noise. It's a non issue. The wind noise that some how sneaks into my driver's window is the only noise I ever notice on the road. I have about 8k miles on the G2s now. Couldn't be happier.
Sponsored