First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 PowerBoost, 2012 Mustang GT
Occupation
Retail
I have similar speed ranges and my electric miles have varied greatly depending on city vs highway miles. When I am in the city/neighborhoods where there is stop and go, I am getting about 25% electric miles and as high as 50% electric miles. However, if I am on the highway, I am lucky to get 5% electric miles. If I tap on the breaks, going downhill, it will kick into EV mode, but only for .25 - .50 miles, depending on whether or not the electric motor is able to recharge or not.

I have the EV coach on as well as the power info on the screen and can monitor when I'm electric, charging, and hybrid modes. Are people experiencing similar electric miles?
Same here.

I did have a 30.2 mpg trip when I had to run to the grocery store to get diapers for the little one. It was only a 10mi trip and max speed of 45mph. Had a little over 50% electric on that trip.

Drove to Michigan and back from North Carolina. About 1600 mile and with hwy speed of 70-75 and mountains. Had 22.2 mpgs for the whole trip, but only 4.6% electric miles.
Sponsored

tn.lariat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Screw Powerboost 501a
Occupation
retail
I'm getting 22-24 mpg 4-5 miles mpg better then my 17" 3.5 eco. mostly city stop & go and only have 800 plus miles on it so I think I can get a least another mile more. By far best truck with a lot more comfort and safety features then older Truck. And I haven't even used the 7.2kw generator yet.

meyer_22

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 4x4 Hybrid, Lariat
So I just picked up my Lariat powerboost hybrid on Wednesday, and I have NOT spent enough time learning all the electronics. But we drove from Metro Detroit to Northern Michigan last night. I got about 4% electric miles, but was on highway doing 75+ most of drive. Averaged 18.7 mpg for the trip.

I LOVE the truck. But need to learn to optimize the electric miles. I've seen mention of EV Coach in this thread, having not spent enough time in the truck learning the electronics, where do I turn this on?

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
So I just picked up my Lariat powerboost hybrid on Wednesday, and I have NOT spent enough time learning all the electronics. But we drove from Metro Detroit to Northern Michigan last night. I got about 4% electric miles, but was on highway doing 75+ most of drive. Averaged 18.7 mpg for the trip.

I LOVE the truck. But need to learn to optimize the electric miles. I've seen mention of EV Coach in this thread, having not spent enough time in the truck learning the electronics, where do I turn this on?
It's' a display down the screen from your trip MPG screens. Spend some time going through the screens. It is a lot to learn and get use to where things are located and this truck has tons of stuff to learn. Lol

TeeRoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT PB Oxford 6.5 box
Occupation
Civil Engineer
After a week of driving to work, some city driving and some parkway driving (65-70). I got about 25% on electric and just under 23 mpg, man I love this truck. If anyone has any reservations about the PB power train throw them out the window, it's so worth it.

P.S. yes I was driving like a grandma, and yes I ignored all the 1 finger salutes I got as people passed me.
Ford F-150 26% of miles so far are electric only on PowerBoost! IMG_20210312_091203279

Sponsored

tn.lariat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Screw Powerboost 501a
Occupation
retail
Here's 2 weeks driving back & fourth to work mostly city about 80 miles Hwy.
Ford F-150 26% of miles so far are electric only on PowerBoost! Resized_20210311_181030
Hwy on weekend.

Last edited:

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
After a week of driving to work, some city driving and some parkway driving (65-70). I got about 25% on electric and just under 23 mpg, man I love this truck. If anyone has any reservations about the PB power train throw them out the window, it's so worth it.

P.S. yes I was driving like a grandma, and yes I ignored all the 1 finger salutes I got as people passed me.
I have to agree with you, I had a 2018 King Ranch and loved it but this thing is a very big step up!
Sponsored