Sponsored

Dwildone

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum- carbonized Grey
Does the percentage of Electric miles not factor into Trip MPG?
I'm not sure and its a great question. Seems like they don't in the trip calculator which goes along with the MPG display- it says "electric driving" and doesn't show a number when you are all-electric. But I also can't imagine the EPA numbers do not include electric miles.

Anyone with a couple tanks worth of miles under their belt have any idea?
Sponsored

unixadm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum PowerBoost FX4
I'm not sure and its a great question. Seems like they don't in the trip calculator which goes along with the MPG display- it says "electric driving" and doesn't show a number when you are all-electric. But I also can't imagine the EPA numbers do not include electric miles.

Anyone with a couple tanks worth of miles under their belt have any idea?
The MPG reading includes all miles.

jfg6869

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Velocity Blue Sport XLT Screw 3.5 EB
According to your trip, you're averaging around 18 MPH, yet only have 6.73% on full electric. I'd look at driving with the EV Coach screen on and learning how to get the truck into full electric more often. Just driving with a constant pedal doesn't seem to work for me. I think on my last check, I'm averaging around 16% on full electric on my first tank. The best I've seen is 46% electric on a 4.8 mile trip this morning. Speeds above 48ish seem to require the gas engine on at all times, unless coasting or braking. Normally what I do is get up to speed or a bit more than I need, say 40 in a 35, then let of the throttle and let the engine shut off, then drive under full electric for a bit until the battery is depleted. It's really a fine line on the throttle to maintain full electric, which seems to work best in the 25-40 MPH range. Accelerating under full electric is the hardest for me, but maintaining speed once in full electric is pretty easy on level ground. Without the EV coach, it is hard to get to know the truck and how the hybrid system works IMO.

You guys need to get some Prius experience under your belt like I do. Put in eco mode around town and get up to speed then feather the throttle to keep in EV. Works like a charm. Constant throttle will get you nowhere. Might be different if you live in a fairly unlevel terrain obviously. Works great here in IN.

uavmx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
It seems that the MPG is really low for people getting such good percentages of electric miles....I will be disappointed if I'm down around 17mpg city, not what I was expecting for PB

Sponsored

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
Here’s my first (almost) 100 mile experience. Exclusively suburban driving so far, with a decent amount of rolling hills on my daily commute that do support lots of coasting. About 5 miles and a decent amount of idle time were by the dealer before delivery which I am sure is impacting MPG.

I’m more than pleased with an electric miles percentage of 47%.
Would have been better to top off the tank and reset your tripometer.

Jon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 screw lariat
I have 1600 miles
I’m finding mpg gauge is 10% higher vs hand calculations
I recommend not necessarily trusting gauges
... also, check your Speedo accuracy.... mine was off with stock wheels/tires according to gps
I went bigger and no it’s accurate
Go figure
Ford’s got something goofy going on
.... but.... I love the truck

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
I have 1600 miles
... also, check your Speedo accuracy.... mine was off with stock wheels/tires according to gps
Go figure
That's the reason for calling them L-O-M (lie-o-meter).

Dwildone

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum- carbonized Grey
Would have been better to top off the tank and reset your tripometer.
Totally agree. This was more of an observation and not really a test. I figure I’ll actually test on the 3rd or 4th tank when most of the idling for playing/learning is done and the engine is a little better broken in.

Wrf61

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost / 2019 Ford Ranger XLT
I took mine out for a spin today. I live in Pittsburgh, Pa and we have a stop and go, up and down, and highway. I mixed it up on this trip and did 1/2 city and 1/2 highway. I picked the truck up with 49 miles on the odometer 2 weeks ago. There is a learning curve here....today's drive:
Ford F-150 26% of miles so far are electric only on PowerBoost! 20210228_152512

Sponsored

ClassicMuscle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford F150
I took mine out for a spin today. I live in Pittsburgh, Pa and we have a stop and go, up and down, and highway. I mixed it up on this trip and did 1/2 city and 1/2 highway. I picked the truck up with 49 miles on the odometer 2 weeks ago. There is a learning curve here....today's drive:
20210228_152512.jpg
what speeds are you driving at to get 24mpg?

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I have 1600 miles
Go figure
Checked my speedo with one of those laser speed signs that shows how fast you are going. It's been there for awhile, an area where they have a lot of speeding.

Mine was dead on with what is showed my speed as and I have stock tire size.

GreatAcorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Hybrid
I have similar speed ranges and my electric miles have varied greatly depending on city vs highway miles. When I am in the city/neighborhoods where there is stop and go, I am getting about 25% electric miles and as high as 50% electric miles. However, if I am on the highway, I am lucky to get 5% electric miles. If I tap on the breaks, going downhill, it will kick into EV mode, but only for .25 - .50 miles, depending on whether or not the electric motor is able to recharge or not.

I have the EV coach on as well as the power info on the screen and can monitor when I'm electric, charging, and hybrid modes. Are people experiencing similar electric miles?

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I have similar speed ranges and my electric miles have varied greatly depending on city vs highway miles. When I am in the city/neighborhoods where there is stop and go, I am getting about 25% electric miles and as high as 50% electric miles. However, if I am on the highway, I am lucky to get 5% electric miles. If I tap on the breaks, going downhill, it will kick into EV mode, but only for .25 - .50 miles, depending on whether or not the electric motor is able to recharge or not.

I have the EV coach on as well as the power info on the screen and can monitor when I'm electric, charging, and hybrid modes. Are people experiencing similar electric miles?
Sounds about the same as mine.
Sponsored