First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT Powerboost Super Crew 4x4
Occupation
Aviation systems
I’d rather have an inline motor 4 or 6 than a v6.
Now a turbo charged flat 6, well absolutely!! Preferably nestled in the rear over the big fat tires of my two seater rocket ship 😎
Sponsored

Chili

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
The 2.7 Ford is better for a DD imo since it has more horsepower, and the 2.7 EB is plenty reliable. The 2.7 Chevy drives too much like a commercial box truck, it’s not exciting, just a boring low rpm lugger
That light engine in the front of what's already the best turning and handling truck, with a lot of torque? I strongly disagree. They both have their merits and you know the saying. Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races.

I just think the rest of the Chevy is not competitive. But if I need another truck some day AND Chevy makes a better truck, I'll go there. They just haven't made a really good truck as a total package in a very, very long time.

Samson16

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Aviation systems
They just haven't made a really good truck as a total package in a very, very long time.
Really? The GMC Denali with the 6.2 certainly caught my attention while shopping. I had Sierra money to spend though and the XLT PB was too much truck to pass on.

Chili

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
Really? The GMC Denali with the 6.2 certainly caught my attention while shopping. I had Sierra money to spend though and the XLT PB was too much truck to pass on.
There are aspects of the GM truck that are good, but as you said the PB was too much to pass on.

6.2 uses premium to still be slower and get worse gas mileage. GM is also having a lot of 6.2 truck issues to boot. Their powertrains are a full generation behind Fords and it shocks me to say that Ford makes a far better riding truck than GM, outside the Zr2 they have a pretty crummy ride. Not sure where you live, but up here in the north the roads get pretty beat up.

The 2.7 4 cylinder seems like a great engine, but doesn't really get that good of gas mileage. Fords 2.7 does everything better, including the perception as very few people want a four-cylinder truck. GM was planning on doing an inline 6 version of that engine and I think it would have been great. But word is they canceled that.

JExpedition07

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 STX 5.0L V8
GM cancelled the inline 6 in favor of a new 6th generation small block V8 which is a wise move. They said 5% more power out of the 6.2L so it will be roughly 440 horsepower/485 lb ft of torque and also have a parallel hybrid version. Everything is a boosted 4 or 6 cylinder these days, it’s a wise business move to carry an N/A V8 because not everyone wanted to drive the same exact thing.

Sponsored

Chili

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
Where did you hear 5% gains?

Dropping the inline 6 was a huge mistake. They need both but with their 2.7l really being a failure (terrible perception, meh mpg, ok power) they may be cutting their losses. I think Stellantis is figuring out Ford has more figured out with the EcoBoost than most realize.

We all know the only trucks getting the good engines from GM will be high country crew cabs with 4wd starting at $69.9

Samson16

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Aviation systems
GM cancelled the inline 6 in favor of a new 6th generation small block V8 which is a wise move. They said 5% more power out of the 6.2L so it will be roughly 440 horsepower/485 lb ft of torque and also have a parallel hybrid version. Everything is a boosted 4 or 6 cylinder these days, it’s a wise business move to carry an N/A V8 because not everyone wanted to drive the same exact thing.
I found this

Ford F-150 '24 Base F150 XL vs. '24 Base Silverado WT IMG_2519

JExpedition07

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 STX 5.0L V8
I found this

IMG_2519.png
That’s a misprint, new V8 does not arrive until 2025 and specs have not been released. Marry Barra so far has only said a roughly 5% increase in power when the investment press release came out.

Last edited:

Chili

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
Yeah, it's 420hp and 460tq. Has been for 10 years. It's still decent but considering it needs premium, it needs an HP bump.

5% would be 441hp and 483tq. I'd be good with that if it wasn't a huge price premium and you could actually get it in a RCSB or just lower trims. But the 5.3 would still be a dud as it needs a much bigger bump.

If GM actually had a soul, they would make a nice 5.7 again with over 400hp and use it and everything. The 6.2 is great, but they make it so difficult to get with config and trim locks. So you end up with a four-wheel drive crew cab high country that weighs 5600 lbs, getting whipped around by just about every configuration in an F-150.
Sponsored