First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 King Ranch, 601A, PB, 4x2, AMB/SG
Occupation
Retired
Well, it's in for service right now for a Rear Brake Assist Not available dash message and alarm. They tell me the truck is throwing "all kinds of electrical codes" and it will take about 3-4 days to update all the modules.

OP
OP
fluffernutter

fluffernutter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lariat PB

tony72cutlass's'

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1972 Cutlass, '21 F-150 XLT SCAB
That might suggest that the connector change for higher trim levels might have been cost savings. The lack of a twelve pin pretty much sinks trailer TPMS and camera capabilities unless Ford has another pathway in mind.
That makes sense, I dont have any kind of tow package either, just the standard available class iv hookup which comes with the 301A.

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
Well, it's in for service right now for a Rear Brake Assist Not available dash message and alarm. They tell me the truck is throwing "all kinds of electrical codes" and it will take about 3-4 days to update all the modules.
Lovely.

I checked your VIN on NHTSA. No recalls for you, either. Given your hardware and software revisions, I suspect you probably were part of the recall but your dealer updated your TRM with the February release and signed off before delivery. Be careful. It still might not be fixed.

Sponsored

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
they did the TBC recall when we took delivery 2 weeks ago, i have the 360 camera and pro trailer so the plug is a 7 way and a 7 to 4 adapter is in glove box, the lower cover is for the pro trailer assist yaw sensor plug in,
also had the reverse brake assist error and they calibrated the rear camera stuff and now everything works perfectly

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I traded my 2021 Powerboost in for a 2022. It made it out the factory barely as a Job1 2022? (built 4/11)

The 2021 had the 7-pin with the adapter for 4-pin. It also had the small round connector for the backup assist dongle

The 2022 however has the 7-pin and 4-pin connectors and no backup assist dongle receptacle. (same as OP) Did come with trailer stickers.
Max Tow, CCD, Scales, Smart Hitch

The dash cluster still has Trailer TPMS display option, but I wonder how that feature would work now?

jeffrt

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat, 5.0L
Interesting comment about the fit of the Ford adapter. Pulled my boat out of storage a couple weekends ago, and my 4-pin wouldn't go more than halfway into the adapter. Super tight. Will probably end up using another one I have.

I need this upgrade on my job 2 November 2021 build. While my truck came with what seemed like a used 7pin to 4pin FoMoCo adapter, it wouldn't fit a 4pin uhaul trailer I rented and had to buy one of their 7pin to 4pin adapters for $15. Not the end of the world, but now I have two adapters, but I'd prefer it be like what you got above.

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
I traded my 2021 Powerboost in for a 2022. It made it out the factory barely as a Job1 2022? (built 4/11)

The 2021 had the 7-pin with the adapter for 4-pin. It also had the small round connector for the backup assist dongle

The 2022 however has the 7-pin and 4-pin connectors and no backup assist dongle receptacle. (same as OP) Did come with trailer stickers.

The dash cluster still has Trailer TPMS display option, but I wonder how that feature would work now?
Good question. The hardwired pathway is now gone. Maybe they decided to to what GM and RAM do—wireless sensors, same as on the truck tires.

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
Thanks @JEB, very interesting. *fingers crossed*
Yes. Still possible that you were part of the recall but the dealer updated yours too before delivery. No way to tell without running the vehicle history in FDRS, which I can’t do at the moment. But that hardware revision in the module is intriguing.

Sponsored

DW2020

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 KR PB
When I ordered the trailer TMPS and Camera kit (for a Super Duty), it came with a new 7 + 12 Pin connector for the truck side. From what I read for the Super Duty, you toss out the 7 + 4 pin and replace it with the new 7 + 12 from the kit, which uses an extra connector already on the truck harness.

I imagine the F150 could do the same, if the upstream wires and socket are populated in the harness. Which is a big if, as we saw.

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5
Occupation
Retired Electrician

I wonder if Ford is going wireless for the trailer TPMs.

RalpL

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 King Ranch, 601A, PB, 4x2, AMB/SG
Occupation
Retired
Lovely.

I checked your VIN on NHTSA. No recalls for you, either. Given your hardware and software revisions, I suspect you probably were part of the recall but your dealer updated your TRM with the February release and signed off before delivery. Be careful. It still might not be fixed.
Thanks - will do.

When I pick up the truck later this week from service, I'll share what they tell me. They said they'll give me a detailed list of what modules they updated.

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
Thanks - will do.

When I pick up the truck later this week from service, I'll share what they tell me. They said they'll give me a detailed list of what modules they updated.
Cool. Good luck.

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
That makes sense, I dont have any kind of tow package either, just the standard available class iv hookup which comes with the 301A.
The trailer hitch "package" cones with both according to the builder.

Hell, my Ranger came with both with hitch
Sponsored