22 powerboost squeaking

UC0001

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lariat Powerboost
My 2022 ford f150 lariatt powerboost hybrid with 7500 miles is squeaking (likes brake squeaking but do not think they are brakes). I have tried to nail down symptoms but it happens (or at least I heat it) at slower speeds when accelerating, decelerating, or steady speed. It might be when battery is charging? Happens sometimes when braking or not braking. Now that I have heard it, it is driving me nuts. Any ideas what it could be?

Thanks in advance
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
My 2022 ford f150 lariatt powerboost hybrid with 7500 miles is squeaking (likes brake squeaking but do not think they are brakes). I have tried to nail down symptoms but it happens (or at least I heat it) at slower speeds when accelerating, decelerating, or steady speed. It might be when battery is charging? Happens sometimes when braking or not braking. Now that I have heard it, it is driving me nuts. Any ideas what it could be?

Thanks in advance
Hey there. I can look into your F-150’s noise concerns on my end if you’d like. Will you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership info?

iceman77

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Platinum
I have squeaking that comes from under the rear axle, mostly when braking, I thought its the rear brake pads but after inspecting both brakes I can tell for sure it is not the brake pads being worn down. It is quite annoying and would like to get to the bottom of what is causing this. People who heard it say it could be the suspension.

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I have squeaking that comes from under the rear axle, mostly when braking, I thought its the rear brake pads but after inspecting both brakes I can tell for sure it is not the brake pads being worn down. It is quite annoying and would like to get to the bottom of what is causing this. People who heard it say it could be the suspension.
Good morning, Pete- I can look into this for you. Feel free to send over a private message with your VIN and dealership information at your earliest convenience.

Wolverine7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost, 2023 Tesla Model Y LR
Watch closely at the RPM gauge and see if this sound correlates going either to 0 RPM (lifting foot off the pedal to try and trigger it sometimes helps), or possibly combing back out of hybrid mode. If so, this could be the exhaust heat exchanger extender valve issue that is posted about elsewhere in the forums and can be repaired under warranty. Mine sounded like a squeak, mostly going into 0 RPM, but occasionally also when coming out and accelerating.

Thanks in advance

iceman77

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Platinum
Mine is Max Tow package and the squeaking is most noticeable when brakes are applied. I would have sworn it’s the brake pads being worn down but after close inspection, that is not the case. I am aware of the axle bolt shearing off issue but from my understanding that would cause rather a rattling, not a squeaking sound

Ford4Ever

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Taurus SEL AWD, 21 F150 Lariat 502a
I had this happen this morning after driving in the rain. Very low speed while shifting between park, reverse and drive. Sounds just like grabbing brakes only I wasn't pressing on the brake pedal. 2021 Ford f150 lariat SuperCrew with 17,400 MI.

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
That's not supposed to be a "squeak"

Although considering it's your truck, YOU should squeal! :(

iceman77

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Platinum
Dropped the truck off with dealer. Hope it gets fixed soon :(

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
You have the patience of Job

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I had this happen this morning after driving in the rain. Very low speed while shifting between park, reverse and drive. Sounds just like grabbing brakes only I wasn't pressing on the brake pedal. 2021 Ford f150 lariat SuperCrew with 17,400 MI.
Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.
Sponsored