Sponsored

22 Platinum seat swap, think it will work?

aaexpert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 f150 platinum
What might it take to swap out a 21 with the massage seats and put them into a 22 model with same trim level obviously with the deleted option? Im hoping the computers are inside the seats and just need to do Forscan option(s) ON. Thoughts??
Sponsored

Rockman5159

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ford f150 FX4
Occupation
retired
What might it take to swap out a 21 with the massage seats and put them into a 22 model with same trim level obviously with the deleted option? Im hoping the computers are inside the seats and just need to do Forscan option(s) ON. Thoughts??
I'm thinking that if the plug in connections are the same it should be doable IF the message option is available in the ECU or BCM.You probably need to seek assistance from FORD technical support

OP
OP
aaexpert

aaexpert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 f150 platinum
I wouldnt think the harnesses would be changed and it would plug in, my guess is the parts (massager or chip in computer) is part of the shortages and not provided. After finding the thread about the small 22 changes with plate light, heater knobs, cup leds... being changed/removed I thought I'd add this thread. Having the option to switch stuff over, Im making my list and wondering if anyone else has done it yet with seats or knew how they are controlled via Forscan menus?

rpold150

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Platinum
I've been thinking the same thing. Someone in another thread said the modules are in the seats. So if the harness is there, they might plug in. I've got a platinum BAP, which was only 2022, so I would have to replace the covers also. Not sure if that would require new covers, or if the covers on mine could be removed and put back on another seat.

OP
OP
aaexpert

aaexpert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 f150 platinum
yes a Ford tech told me today the modules are in the seats too.
Sponsored