First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
I got cold feet and regretting canceling my order. Called my dealer back and apparently he didn’t have the time or something to go in an cancel it. So I got to keep it and keep my place in line.
Wow, that is good, I don't have your kinda of luck. Lol

I think you will be glad he didn't, I've driven the Platinum and it is really impressive.
Sponsored

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum 3.0 Powerstroke
Occupation
Neonatal Respiratory Therapist
Wow, that is good, I don't have your kinda of luck. Lol

I think you will be glad he didn't, I've driven the Platinum and it is really impressive.
I loved my 2018 platinum and miss it sorely, so I’m looking forward to this one. Especially the upgraded interior and headlights. I hate the DRL leds on the 18’ and thought they were cheap. Hopefully these are sick and clean cut!

Last edited:

goatlord99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Supercrew Lariat Powerboost
Heard from my dealer. They changed a few things that I wanted (removed tow mirrors and upgraded sound) without my approval. Good news, it is a stock order (apparently) and it is scheduled for early december, and dealer anticipates it will be mine before 2021. Bad news, if I want to order a vehicle with tow mirrors and upgraded sound, they will let me do it, but likely not ready until february. still pondering, but I may go with the one ready in december. I was getting tow mirrors 'just in case' and the sound system, while nice, is not really a deal breaker for me. again, this is a lariat PB with work surface.

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
Heard from my dealer. They changed a few things that I wanted (removed tow mirrors and upgraded sound) without my approval. Good news, it is a stock order (apparently) and it is scheduled for early december, and dealer anticipates it will be mine before 2021. Bad news, if I want to order a vehicle with tow mirrors and upgraded sound, they will let me do it, but likely not ready until february. still pondering, but I may go with the one ready in december. I was getting tow mirrors 'just in case' and the sound system, while nice, is not really a deal breaker for me. again, this is a lariat PB with work surface.
That stinks to hear about the B&O Unleashed. Having that sound system is a non-negotiable item for me. I loved it at the test drive event! I’ll gladly wait until February to crank it!!

Sponsored

goatlord99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I am a little torn. I have not heard the new system, but it sounds amazing. tow mirrors...would be handy...but my existing truck is approaching end times, not sure I want to wait 2 more months. although, maybe I use this as a chance to swap up to platinum.....

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Today's production update will have to wait till mid morning, Ford closed early today for voting apparently and he could not get the report.

I will start it as a new thread with date as before.

I did get good news on mine in that the date is still set for build on 12 Nov. So no push back means parts are available.

goatlord99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Decided to have them order the one I wanted. Waiting another 2 months.

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Decided to have them order the one I wanted. Waiting another 2 months.
I think you will be very happy you did. I betting the 2 extra months is a worse case time frame. That sound system was pretty impressive.

Did you upgrade to the Platinum?

I always hated when I didn't go all the way on something that I wish I had of later. Use to drive me nuts. Lol

goatlord99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I think you will be very happy you did. I betting the 2 extra months is a worse case time frame. That sound system was pretty impressive.

Did you upgrade to the Platinum?

I always hated when I didn't go all the way on something that I wish I had of later. Use to drive me nuts. Lol

I ended up sticking with the lariat, I may be the minority, but I like the lariat sport interior, and the way I was speccing the platinum it was much more spendy. I bought my last truck used for 5K...so spending as much as I am is very very jarring...took me a while to accept it. holding out hope that the e F150 that comes out in a few years will be amazing, and I will upgrade to a platinum then! :)

Sponsored

TNKIRK

First Name
TERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 FORD F150 LARIAT SUPERCAB
Occupation
R V SALES
I guess I know patience...........I had ordered a 1999 Superduty, back when Ford was building at the same time, 1997 and 1999.....No 1998 superdutys ever made! I was working at Freedom Ford in Fresno, California........I waited 6 months.....Everytime the factory rep came into the dealership, he would avoid me like the plague! I have now been waiting since the end of July when I placed my order with Spradley Barr Ford in Fort Collins, Colorado.....Patience is a tough pill to swallow in these trying times!!!!!!!

Jim Bandy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited 4x4 Powerboost (Hybrid)
Occupation
Retired
Got some info from my order guy at my dealer, I'm going to see if he will send me this weekly and I will put it here if ya'll think it helps. Still looking like OKTB status for retail orders is expected on week 46, so what, mid Nov.

Late availability items look the same too. Does look like the reclining seats are due around mid Dec.

Don't let Ford know I posted this...

2021 F150 Production Scheduling Update.png
2021 F150 Production Scheduling Notes.jpg
?
? how did you find out the plant location where your vehicle is being built?

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
? how did you find out the plant location where your vehicle is being built?
That is predetermined by Ford. Depends on the model and options you choose that will determine where it will be assembled.

That info I posted is from my dealer but the plant model specifics is pretty well known.

I am still waiting on the weekly production update. Dealer said it hasn't been sent out yet, not usually this late but has happened before. Hope we are not busted... Lol

Roger350

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Evo MR, 2015 Sonata Hybrid, 2007 Tahoe - Being Replaced by 2021 F-150
Occupation
Engineer
The owners manual posted shows a Manual Park Release procedure that sounds like the way to get the truck shifted out of Park and into Neutral if the shifter is folded down and there is no power to actuate the shifter. Page 257 in the manual. I'm not positive that is the purpose of this procedure, but it sounds about right.
Sponsored