Sponsored

bwwF150

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 BMW X7, 18 Jeep JLU, 13 QX56(23 F150 replaces)
Not really a build per se just a couple mods on my 22 502A Lariat. I have owned it a little over one month even though I ordered it in December. :mad:
1. Ceramic tint (5% all around and 50% windshield.)
2. 18" Method 314s on 33" Kendas.
3. Rough Country soft roll up tounneau cover.
4. Removed rear blocks, have 1" drop shackles from MaxTrac (installed...see last photo in gallery)
5. Dickeys heavy duty liners from Autozone ($39 haha!)
6. Removed hideous "4x4" stickers.
7. LED license plate light bulb upgrade.
8. Corsa Extreme dual rear exit catback

I don't think I am doing anything else to it. I am going back and forth whether I should get some mud guards for it. What do y'all think?
How’d you decide on the Dickey’s mats? I’m guessing you like them as you did everything right.
Sponsored

TooLowTerrain

First Name
Morgan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Santa Cruz
How much poke do you have with the Methods? I really like the look of them.

OP
OP
diambo4life

diambo4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Screw 4x4
Occupation
Assassin
Another....
How’d you decide on the Dickey’s mats? I’m guessing you like them as you did everything right.
I wanted something immediately and these were readily available. I really don't have any complaints. They are doing the job well.

22Platinum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 KR 3.5
Occupation
software engineer
It's barely noticeable from inside. I had a friend of mine who was riding with me and I told him the windshield was 50% tinted and he was shocked. He never noticed it at all. You notice it way more from outside (as you can tell from the photos) because the rest of the windows are dark but it's fine....even at night. If you have someone who has it....check it out for yourself and make the judgment call.
This is largely correct; even at 50% passengers won't notice, and frankly the cops didn't notice either; I had a 2018 Accord for 4 years with a 50% windshield & 50% rolldowns. Had I done the rolldowns in 20% like I should the windshield might have attracted more attention, but I still doubt it. And it will knock down a lot of the heat.

Where I found a 50% windshield to be a problem was three issues (which may not even apply in OPs geography):
  • Low Angle Haze. Article here. Can be very aggravating.
  • Nighttime in dimly lit, highly populated areas, such as crosswalks or where bicycles can magically appear; you may have trouble coming to know about the other human before you can do anything about it
  • Similar to above, highspeed driving at night, deer standing just outside your headlights will not become obvious until it's way to late
Of course...your local laws should be considered too.
HA we are way past legal on this one, as no matter where you live federally you cannot have less than 70%:
Ford F-150 2022 F150 Lariat V8 aka ZeroDark30 Build! 1664891633939

I do 50% llumar on all of my vehicle windshields. The windshield is already ceramic ;)
You can spend more, but ya don't get more. You don't notice it visually, but man is the cooler interior quite noticeable when combined with a 20 or 25% front windows.
Can you elaborate on this post?

OP
OP
diambo4life

diambo4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Screw 4x4
Occupation
Assassin
How much poke do you have with the Methods? I really like the look of them.
About an inch or slightly less. I do have 12.5" wide tires so with narrower tires it would be less. I was nervous going to a smaller wheel than factory...never ever done it so I did quite a bit of homework on what would look good on this truck with the theme I was going for.

Sponsored

OP
OP
diambo4life

diambo4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Screw 4x4
Occupation
Assassin
This is largely correct; even at 50% passengers won't notice, and frankly the cops didn't notice either; I had a 2018 Accord for 4 years with a 50% windshield & 50% rolldowns. Had I done the rolldowns in 20% like I should the windshield might have attracted more attention, but I still doubt it. And it will knock down a lot of the heat.

Where I found a 50% windshield to be a problem was three issues (which may not even apply in OPs geography):
  • Low Angle Haze. Article here. Can be very aggravating.
  • Nighttime in dimly lit, highly populated areas, such as crosswalks or where bicycles can magically appear; you may have trouble coming to know about the other human before you can do anything about it
  • Similar to above, highspeed driving at night, deer standing just outside your headlights will not become obvious until it's way to late

HA we are way past legal on this one, as no matter where you live federally you cannot have less than 70%:
1664891633939.png

Totally agree. Illegal but the enforcement locally is the key here. Over here where I am, almost everyone has illegal tint...even the cops. We have no vehicle inspections etc. Very lax and that's how I like it.

OP
OP
diambo4life

diambo4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Screw 4x4
Occupation
Assassin
@22Platinum I am going to look out for that LAH. Never heard of it before or paid attention to it. I'm assuming it's more apparent during dusk. I have also not really driven the truck on the highway yet. City driving seems to be ok for me. I was very hesitant to put this tint on until I personally checked it out in a friend's car so it's not something I would recommed just for anyone. I am used to 5% windows all around and to some people this would cause a panic attack if they were to drive with them at night. While it looks cool, I do have light sensitivity and most of my driving is done during the day so this helps a lot with the sun.and glare from oncoming vehicle headlights.

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
It's a dig at those who swear by ceramic tint. On 21+ F150s windshields and front side windows are already dual layer laminated glass. Anyone that's had a vehicle tinted with quality film already knows there's no magic benefit to 'ceramic' marketed products. The glass itself already does 97% (or more) of the lifting for UV. "ceramic" tint is nothing more than a ploy to capitalize on the coating craze. It does nothing for vehicle tint that a premium tint without the additional marketing cost behind it, doesn't already do.

Use a quality film and then claim it's 'magic ceramic tint' and you and your wallet will be the only 2 that know.

22Platinum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 KR 3.5
Occupation
software engineer
"ceramic" tint is nothing more than a ploy to capitalize on the coating craze. It does nothing for vehicle tint that a premium tint without the additional marketing cost behind it, doesn't already do.
I'm not sure about that, take for instance the Total Solar Energy Rejected (TSER) for Huper Optik Black, a typical dyed polyester film:
Ford F-150 2022 F150 Lariat V8 aka ZeroDark30 Build! 1664902325259

And compare it with their ceramic line:
Ford F-150 2022 F150 Lariat V8 aka ZeroDark30 Build! 1664902366039

As you can see the non-ceramic film doesn't offer nearly the same levels of TSER; even if you went with 5% (limo tint) dyed film you still wouldn't reject as much energy as the lightest ceramic they offer in the i3 line.

Now I didn't create those charts, so they could certainly be marketing ploys, but if you visit the Youtube you can find a flood lamp shining through each of these tints with a meter behind them and see the difference, or a tint shop and use your hand instead.

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
Where's the fine print? See if there's a lab report detailing testing conditions, or if they made it up in a spreadsheet. There's a lot of variables at play and without an actual lab test showing testing conditions it's simply justifying their inflated pricing.

Sponsored

MDPE

First Name
MD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Tremor

Chili

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
It's rolling hard? If you're having to put more pressure on the gas pedal to get it to move you might want to take it to the dealer. Should roll easy. :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
diambo4life

diambo4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Screw 4x4
Occupation
Assassin
By removing the block and then adding the shackle, did you really get 2"+ of lowering? I assume the block dropped the rear, and then the shackle was additional effort taken to further lower the rear, correct?

What advantage to your approach vs just installing the 2" drop shackles? 2021-2022 Ford F-150 2/4wd 2" MaxTrac Rear Lowering Shackles - 411420 - MaxTrac Suspension Store (maxtracstore.com)

Look at the notes for the 2" drop shackles. This requires notching the bed supports due to interference from the leaf spring. Yes, the truck is definitely lowered by more than 2" inches in the rear now. and almost quite level. From my quick measurements, it has about an inch or slightly less rake now. It had 2.5" rake AFTER I had removed the blocks. I will get you a before and after picwhen I get home from work. Here is a quick crap phone pic tho of after and before ...

AFTER (block removal and shackle install - see post 1 for specifics)
Ford F-150 2022 F150 Lariat V8 aka ZeroDark30 Build! PXL_20221004_211008870_2

BEFORE (stock height)
Ford F-150 2022 F150 Lariat V8 aka ZeroDark30 Build! c_0023_5__9ca4be63b8f0c089e6ff28c7e1eb3a32c7dcc249

Last edited:

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales
Looks good man, thinking before we get winter to head to Tuttle to have my buddy do a detail and ceramic on mine.
Performance Detailing in Tuttle
Sponsored