Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
IMG_0074.jpeg

I got upgraded today from ‘Scheduled for Prod’ to ‘Built’. With that my estimated delivery date moved up from 3/20 to 3/16.

Is there anyway to check my shipping status? I’m just wondering if it’s likely at all that mine shows up early. I’m leaving town on 3/13, so wondering if there is much of a likelihood that I take posession prior to leaving. I’d hate for the dealer to accidently sell it like that one gentlemen on the board. (I know, that’s unlikely, but still....)

Also - I live in the KC area; truck is built in Dearborn though. Wondering if there is a routine train shipments that go between the two factories since I imagine there are parts going back and forth - or some version of that.

Any intel or experience that someone has is appreciated.
My truck came from KCM
Rail and truck
Granted, not far to travel, but the switching can produce issues.
my ETA start was 2-9 and ETA end was 2-22. Truck showed SHIPPED on 1-31
10 day travel time.
Imagine my surprise when it actually showed up at the dealer in the wee hours (Before 4am) on 2-9.
I went and paid for it on the tenth and left it there---cant ride two horses with one ass--til Saturday.

Chances are very good that if it gets shipped relatively quickly, it will show up early
Sponsored

2AActuary

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Plat, Bronco; Audi R8, S5, Q7; Cayenne
On Saturday, my status was upgraded to 'shipped'. Is there any way to tell via of transit, and the status of that transit?

Ford F-150 22 FEB week builds 1614607579537

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
On Saturday, my status was upgraded to 'shipped'. Is there any way to tell via of transit, and the status of that transit?

1614607579537.png
The method of shipment will be on your window sticker. If you are in KC, it is coming by rail to Claycomo and then will be transferred to a truck for delivery to your dealer.

Currybob posted the below information on tracking a rail car:

Tracking Your Truck While on Rail
If your truck is transported to your dealer by rail you can get updates on that also but be warned it's a bit of a challenge sometimes.

To track the railcar, call CSX at 1-800-235-2352
When prompted for location or weight, press 1 or say "location".
When prompted for the car initials, say "ETTX" or press 32-81-81-92.
When prompted for the car number, say or press your 6 digit ETTX car number.
When prompted for the next car, press ## or say "Done".

A recorded voice will tell you the last known arrival or departure location of your rail-car. Most times, it won't provide an ETA (and anyways, it's likely not an ETA related to your vehicle specifically).

Since this is like 5 years ago, it may have changed a bit, but if you can find out the rail line and car it is loaded on, you can find the tracking information for that rail line to at least figure out how close to home it is. I did this with a 2013 FFH Titanium I had special ordered and knew up to the day when it where it was once it shipped. The dealer can usually provide the rail information as well.

2AActuary

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The method of shipment will be on your window sticker. If you are in KC, it is coming by rail to Claycomo and then will be transferred to a truck for delivery to your dealer.

Currybob posted the below information on tracking a rail car:

Tracking Your Truck While on Rail
If your truck is transported to your dealer by rail you can get updates on that also but be warned it's a bit of a challenge sometimes.

To track the railcar, call CSX at 1-800-235-2352
When prompted for location or weight, press 1 or say "location".
When prompted for the car initials, say "ETTX" or press 32-81-81-92.
When prompted for the car number, say or press your 6 digit ETTX car number.
When prompted for the next car, press ## or say "Done".

A recorded voice will tell you the last known arrival or departure location of your rail-car. Most times, it won't provide an ETA (and anyways, it's likely not an ETA related to your vehicle specifically).

Since this is like 5 years ago, it may have changed a bit, but if you can find out the rail line and car it is loaded on, you can find the tracking information for that rail line to at least figure out how close to home it is. I did this with a 2013 FFH Titanium I had special ordered and knew up to the day when it where it was once it shipped. The dealer can usually provide the rail information as well.
That's great information, thank you. Is the railcar # listed on my window sticker?

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
@2AActuary
No, I don't believe that it is. It is my understanding that the dealer should have access to that information. I would assume your truck and mine are on the same train, as our delivery dates are a day apart and both trucks are headed (likely) for Claycomo. I am going to be speaking with my dealer today, if he has any additional info, I will share it with you.

Sponsored

Roberth_0

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 King Ranch
Updated over the weekend that my new truck shipped. Today it updated yet again saying est 06 days under Shipped. Not sure if that means days until it ships or 6 days until it arrives? If its the latter it doesn’t line up with estimated delivery of 3/10. Regardless, it looks like the truck is moving along. FYI….mine has wheel well liners, spray in Bed and roll up bed cover. So maybe the supply chain is catching up with demand. Built in Dearborn.
Ford F-150 22 FEB week builds E63AA56E-9950-4D24-8B44-62B04DAF85AA

ricko24

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB
Updated over the weekend that my new truck shipped. Today it updated yet again saying est 06 days under Shipped. Not sure if that means days until it ships or 6 days until it arrives? If its the latter it doesn’t line up with estimated delivery of 3/10. Regardless, it looks like the truck is moving along. FYI….mine has wheel well liners, spray in Bed and roll up bed cover. So maybe the supply chain is catching up with demand. Built in Dearborn.
E63AA56E-9950-4D24-8B44-62B04DAF85AA.png
Nice...glad for you guys that are getting the benefit of the FILO (aka LIFO) shipping logistic process going on at the plants. Lots of 2/8 week builds with ETA shipping dates way after early March.

2AActuary

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That is a very nice looking King Ranch build. I was really on the fence between the King Ranch & Platinum. It’s a tough choice.

xXChartmanXx

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Explorer, 2021 VW ID.4, 2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
CyberSecurity Engineer
Mine is finally in transit, but looks like it is on the slow train. I see a lot of others with production dates and ship dates later than mine, but their ETA is almost a month sooner. If ETA is April, what are the chances that any Ford truck month incentives are still active? Really hoping there would be at least opportunity to get better rates.

I guess on the bright side, it gives me more time to continue mulling over which bet liner and cover to get...

1614451337145.png
Your ETA is 4/11 but that is usually wrong. The ship date plus your transit date (Average number of days for transit to your city) is usually a much closer estimate of delivery. Your probably looking closer to 3/15 then 4/11. Of course another winter storm could roll through and wash those plans out but...

Sponsored

Roberth_0

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That is a very nice looking King Ranch build. I was really on the fence between the King Ranch & Platinum. It’s a tough choice.
Thanks! This will be my 3rd KR. Owned a 2001 In dark blue two tone, which I believe was the first year they offered this trim package. I currently own a 2017 KR in Platinum Tri Coat White two tone. I love the fit and finish of the interior more than anything else. Very unique look. Really looking forward to the new one when it arrives.

heffer86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 501A
Lots of movement in the last two days. Ford pass app even says I can activate it (if I was in the vehicle) and my actual truck shows up instead of an icon. Had the tracking looked up an it's on a train on Gibson, IN. I live 4hrs strait north of the KC plant (truck was built in Dearborn). Do you think they will truck it from there?

Ford F-150 22 FEB week builds 1614704496326

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lots of movement in the last two days. Ford pass app even says I can activate it (if I was in the vehicle) and my actual truck shows up instead of an icon. Had the tracking looked up an it's on a train on Gibson, IN. I live 4hrs strait north of the KC plant (truck was built in Dearborn). Do you think they will truck it from there?

1614704496326.png
Welcome to the Claycomo train club! I believe that @2AActuary and I both have trucks on that train.

Roberth_0

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I just received “The Call” from my dealer telling me my truck has arrived. They are prepping it for me to pick it up later today. It’s a fully loaded KR PB. Only option I passed on was the 7kW generator (Got 2.4kW) Under seat storage was more important. My truck had on it all the thought to be delayed items, bed cover, wheel well liners and spray in bed liner.
Blend Date was 2/24, Build Date 2/25, original delivery 3/15, then changed to 3/10 actual delivery today…3/3. Built in Dearborn.
Sponsored