First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew
Occupation
Firmware Engineer
Today I received a call from my New a dealer. They said the Ford field Service tech determined it was the Front driveshaft. So I figured they were going to order it. But I was surprised when he said it was ready to be picked up. They sent someone to go pick one up. On the way home I was able to take it out on the highway. The vibration in the gas pedal was gone at all speeds and I didn’t feel any vibration. I always knew when I hit 69-70 mph. I was also feeling it in the 50 mph range. While I’ve thought it was fixed before I’m giving myself a few days of commuting before I dare to hope.
Has your vibration problem finally been fixed?
Sponsored

OP
OP
NB64

NB64

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Screw 3.5EB max tow
Occupation
Tech
OP
OP
NB64

NB64

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tech
I’m also experiencing some intermittent vibration in the steering wheel and gas pedal. It seems to come and go at lower speeds, with consistent vibration above 60 mpg. It started at about 700 miles. Possibly related I get some whining/humming from the front when the truck is cold which then goes away after driving a couple miles.

I had the dealer look at it a couple thousand miles ago and they said they could feel the vibration but there was nothing they could do unless something breaks. I was pretty frustrated so I haven't contacted them for awhile. I went to discount tire and had all of the tires balanced recently. Because the whole truck isn’t shaking and I just feel it in the steering wheel and gas pedal my thought was front axle. I’m bringing the truck in for my first oil change at 5k miles in a couple weeks and I’m going to bring up my concerns up again.

Has the new front axle made a difference?
That’s some B.S. right there. My second dealer said that once they confirmed the vibration issue even after balancing the tires they contacted the Tech hotline and get instructions on what to check next. If you contact Ford and escalate your case the dealer supposedly gets access to a Ford engineer. That was according to my case manager. But my dealer had a Ford field engineer coming in for another customer and also had him/her look at my vehicle. My first dealer sounds a lot your dealer, they weren’t too interested in my vibration issues making comments like they are time consuming and difficult to resolve. If it’s possible maybe it’s time for another dealer to look at your truck. My second dealer was highly motivated to figure this issue out.

richardrocks

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 PB XLT FX4 in Avalanche
That’s some B.S. right there. My second dealer said that once they confirmed the vibration issue even after balancing the tires they contacted the Tech hotline and get instructions on what to check next. If you contact Ford and escalate your case the dealer supposedly gets access to a Ford engineer. That was according to my case manager. But my dealer had a Ford field engineer coming in for another customer and also had him/her look at my vehicle. My first dealer sounds a lot your dealer, they weren’t too interested in my vibration issues making comments like they are time consuming and difficult to resolve. If it’s possible maybe it’s time for another dealer to look at your truck. My second dealer was highly motivated to figure this issue out.
Glad you figured it out! What a journey. You worked your a** off to continue owning this thing — Ford, are you listening?

My dealer was apathetic about it and the Ford rep completely useless.

Combine that with the Stop Safely Now no start and a few other issues, and I traded for a Ram. I’m a total Ram fanboy now and I’m excited about the Ram REV or whatever comes down the line.

I gave Ford a few chances, but they sell millions of these things so it was no great loss for them I’m sure.

OP
OP
NB64

NB64

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tech
Glad you figured it out! What a journey. You worked your a** off to continue owning this thing — Ford, are you listening?

My dealer was apathetic about it and the Ford rep completely useless.

Combine that with the Stop Safely Now no start and a few other issues, and I traded for a Ram. I’m a total Ram fanboy now and I’m excited about the Ram REV or whatever comes down the line.

I gave Ford a few chances, but they sell millions of these things so it was no great loss for them I’m sure.
Thank you! I was certainly thinking about jumping ship. I’ve owned Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins for the past 19 years. This is my first Ford light duty truck since the 90’s. I really like this truck and just wanted it to work like it should. If I started with a better dealer I probably would have had a better experience. I’ve also found that Fords customer support is useless I open three different cases on the vibrations and got one call back. Apparently she closed the case when we hung up.
Sponsored