21' Tremor - Accelerator Pedal Issue

Puckett88

First Name
Neal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Tremor 402A Package - MX4 Cover & Bed Liner
Hoping someone can provide some guidance and / or let me know if this is happening with your tremor as well. At pretty much any speed, whether it be 1 mph or 30 mph, i have noticed that the accelerator pedal feels like has a weird vibration / clunkiness feel to it even when coasting down the road. At first I thought it was the steering wheel but I pin pointed it to the pedal by taking my hands off the wheel. For what it's worth, i have a 2.5" pro comp level on mine with stock tires. I can't remember if the pedal did this before i had my level installed so i am just wondering if any one else has / is experiencing the same on theirs.
Sponsored

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
Join the club, my accelerator pedal started vibrating around 1,000 miles:

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/vibration-thru-gas-pedal.2843/

Hopefully there will be a fix for it, since it's super annoying and could possibly cause nerve damage on long drives the same way chainsaw and other vibrating equipment operators are at risk from Hand-Arm Vibration Syndrome.

Nomad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21’ F 150 Tremor
I’m at 1,200 miles & have never experienced this issue. Truck is still in stock form.

OP
OP
Puckett88

Puckett88

First Name
Neal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Tremor 402A Package - MX4 Cover & Bed Liner
Join the club, my accelerator pedal started vibrating around 1,000 miles:

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/vibration-thru-gas-pedal.2843/

Hopefully there will be a fix for it, since it's super annoying and could possibly cause nerve damage on long drives the same way chainsaw and other vibrating equipment operators are at risk from Hand-Arm Vibration Syndrome.
That doesn't seem to be the same problem i am having. Mine is more of a clicking / clunk feel on mine. Even when i am coasting down the road, foot on the accelerator but not pressing down, i can still feel it.

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
NVH can be subjective, it's also why mechanics hate diagnosing such problems.

First check and make sure nothing is loose like the lug nuts; though that would usually also be felt in the steering wheel, it's possible that the newer power steering systems won't transfer much feel into the wheel. I know my steering is so dead feeling, meaning that there's pretty much zero feedback, that it almost feels like a video game controller. If it weren't for the steering shaft and u-joint under the hood, if someone told me that my truck were drive-by-wire, I would believe them! The crazy thing is it is throttle-by-wire and I feel more vibration through the pedal than any vehicle that I have ever driven.

Something like a clunk could be excessive play somewhere in the driveline and clicking could be many things as well. One person discovered insulation/heatshield material that was rubbing against the drive shaft.

As long as there's nothing loose or hanging off, it should be safe to take to the dealer.

Good luck!

Sponsored

TxTremor

First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tremor
Occupation
Logistics
I'm at 5100 miles, about 3000 of which I've been leveled, and I have zero issues.

SilverbackHobbit

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremor
Occupation
IT Manager
I’ve got a little over 3k miles and haven’t noticed this one. Good luck.

JonesyTremor

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Tremor
Hoping someone can provide some guidance and / or let me know if this is happening with your tremor as well. At pretty much any speed, whether it be 1 mph or 30 mph, i have noticed that the accelerator pedal feels like has a weird vibration / clunkiness feel to it even when coasting down the road. At first I thought it was the steering wheel but I pin pointed it to the pedal by taking my hands off the wheel. For what it's worth, i have a 2.5" pro comp level on mine with stock tires. I can't remember if the pedal did this before i had my level installed so i am just wondering if any one else has / is experiencing the same on theirs.
Curious do you have Torsen option?
Sponsored