Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 3.5 Ecoboost
Occupation
Photographer/Filmmaker
your setup looks unreal man great job!

i'm strongly considering a set of raptor wheel takeoffs on ebay and wearing out my current factory 17" tires and then upgrading with a level so i can fit larger wheels like you
Do it! Makes the truck look so much better. And more capable offroad. I thrash this truck, and it takes it. Tows great too.

Ford F-150 '21 Space White XLT – Built for thrashing IMG_2555
Ford F-150 '21 Space White XLT – Built for thrashing IMG_2472
Sponsored

tony72cutlass's'

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1972 Cutlass, '21 F-150 XLT SCAB
Do it! Makes the truck look so much better. And more capable offroad. I thrash this truck, and it takes it. Tows great too.

IMG_2555.jpeg
IMG_2472.jpeg
Man your photos are unreal!

I think you have me convinced man i have had the stock crappy 17” wheels on my truck for 3 years it’s time for a facelift!

people have been saying you can fit 285/70’s without a lift so I have been thinking that will be my interim step to full glory of a levelled truck
Ford F-150 '21 Space White XLT – Built for thrashing IMG_3454_Original

tony72cutlass's'

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
You inspired me dude i ordered my tires today, i do alot of highway driving so got 285/70R17's and i will be putting them on the same rims that you've got

i watched a bunch of videos and the trail terrain are really highly rated for snow service

Ford F-150 '21 Space White XLT – Built for thrashing 1701286009828

OP
OP
DHBPhoto

DHBPhoto

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 3.5 Ecoboost
Occupation
Photographer/Filmmaker
You inspired me dude i ordered my tires today, i do alot of highway driving so got 285/70R17's and i will be putting them on the same rims that you've got

i watched a bunch of videos and the trail terrain are really highly rated for snow service

1701286009828.png
Nice!! It'll up the look for sure!

I've run a TON of A/T tires, and as much as I love the agressive look of them, a mild A/T for 99% of us, is just fine. I got the Nokian Outost AT, and I must say it is a WAY better option than the Toyo At3 for a number of reasons. I have put 10k on them so far, and so far so good. Rotated once.

tony72cutlass's'

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nice!! It'll up the look for sure!

I've run a TON of A/T tires, and as much as I love the agressive look of them, a mild A/T for 99% of us, is just fine. I got the Nokian Outost AT, and I must say it is a WAY better option than the Toyo At3 for a number of reasons. I have put 10k on them so far, and so far so good. Rotated once.
how is the road noise on those? i was looking at those as well but was able to get the BFG's on sale for black friday

Sponsored

OP
OP
DHBPhoto

DHBPhoto

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 3.5 Ecoboost
Occupation
Photographer/Filmmaker
how is the road noise on those? i was looking at those as well but was able to get the BFG's on sale for black friday
Quietest A/T I've owned. They don't look as aggressive as I'd like, but they've grown on me, and honestly are VERY good in rain, deflated on dirt roads and purr along at freeway speeds. Very predictable thus far. Let's hope they are as good as I want for a winter A/T tire.

I honestly went w/ these more for weight than anything. They average 10lbs/wheel less than anything else w/ simimlar tread.

tony72cutlass's'

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Quietest A/T I've owned. They don't look as aggressive as I'd like, but they've grown on me, and honestly are VERY good in rain, deflated on dirt roads and purr along at freeway speeds. Very predictable thus far. Let's hope they are as good as I want for a winter A/T tire.

I honestly went w/ these more for weight than anything. They average 10lbs/wheel less than anything else w/ simimlar tread.
awesome when you start getting some winter weather definitely post an update on how it's going. I'm going to start a build thread as well once i get moving!

tony72cutlass's'

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks for sharing. Looks awesome. Those wheels are epic - now you have me browsing ebay.
Those pics had the same effect on me, I just scored a set of Gen 3 raptor takeoffs on eBay for 660 bucks shipped to Canada. I will be putting them on 285-70-17 BFG trail terrain

So they are out there for a good price if you are patient, street price is around 900 for a set if you want them quickly

Here’s what I got

Ford F-150 '21 Space White XLT – Built for thrashing IMG_3584

OP
OP
DHBPhoto

DHBPhoto

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 3.5 Ecoboost
Occupation
Photographer/Filmmaker
Quick update, followed by a (hopefully soon) full breakdown of my build:

As life would have it, we got some good news (x2 more than we were expecting), so the wife and I have made big changes to the truck — really just sold the camper. So, I'm back to the classic look and lines of the Gen14 F150. Honestly, a better look, better MPG and much quieter on the freeway, but still, I miss the option of going camping whenever I wanted. More on that later. As for now, I wanted to give an update on the tires:

I have been running 285/75r17 Nokian Outpost AT tires for roughly 5 months now (close to 20k miles) and I must say, I am impressed. It's now winter, and I have driven them on wet/slushy roads, hardpack snow, fresh powder and plowed through heavy windrifts.

Here's how I would rate them in snowy conditions (PSI: 42.5 w/ the camper on, 37.5 w/o the camper):
9/10 wet/slushy — pretty unreal how these don't seem to hydro on water and plow through soft, melted snow
8/10 hardpack snow — they're not dedicated snows, but damn are they predictable and sticky for an AT. They still break loose like all ATs when gunning it for a powerslide, but they bite come back in no time flat
7/10 fresh powder (10/10 when deflated) — I was a little disappointed the other day, trying to get up a hardpack/6" on the edges moderately steep incline on one of my favorite winter trails. But after deflating (19psi), they walked right up, and in fact, gave me more confidence than I've had in my truck since purchasing.
8/10 Ice — again, this is based on it being an AT tire — I know studs would perform WAY better, and so would a softer rubber compound, but for me so far, they instill confidence on even the most slippery of conditions

Ford F-150 '21 Space White XLT – Built for thrashing IMG_2968 2

Ford F-150 '21 Space White XLT – Built for thrashing IMG_2971 4

Looking back at the past 20k miles — my one and only complaint about the tires is they have a tendency to throw rocks (not nearly as bad as the stock tires, but worse than I was expecting). As they have worn, this has decreased considerably, but it was still something to consider. I drove them 2k miles with a 2k lbs trailer and were very good, quiet and confident inspiring. They track well on road, on rutted highways, and at high speed on dirt roads. At first, I found them to look "soft" but now, I have grown to really like the look of them. I can safely say, for my type of driving, these are the best tires I have owned, and will look into the nAT when I'm ready to buy a new set.

Sponsored

OP
OP
DHBPhoto

DHBPhoto

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 3.5 Ecoboost
Occupation
Photographer/Filmmaker
You inspired me dude - finally got my set on!

IMG_3869.jpeg
hell yeah!! Looks great!!
Honestly, OEM wheels are very well engineered too— think about it, Ford has to deal with NHTSA on all parts of all their vehicles. Aftermarket, like Method, Fuel, etc. are all awesome, but they don’t have to go through rigorous testing (or deal with federal complaints, etc) because they can be sold as “Offroad wheels”.

Good thing for us, people are more concerned about likes than performance (the guy I bought mine from, had swapped his 23 Raptor wheels for Method 305s— a HUGE downgrade in my opinion)

tony72cutlass's'

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
hell yeah!! Looks great!!
Honestly, OEM wheels are very well engineered too— think about it, Ford has to deal with NHTSA on all parts of all their vehicles. Aftermarket, like Method, Fuel, etc. are all awesome, but they don’t have to go through rigorous testing (or deal with federal complaints, etc) because they can be sold as “Offroad wheels”.

Good thing for us, people are more concerned about likes than performance (the guy I bought mine from, had swapped his 23 Raptor wheels for Method 305s— a HUGE downgrade in my opinion)
Honestly man that's awesome. I was blown away when i pulled these raptor rims out of the box and they sounded like a church bell when i banged them on the table. Very very well built and super happy with the look i was very surprised!!
Sponsored