Sponsored

21 raptor suspension feels clunky on rough roads

Cds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150xlt
Hi guys, just got me raptor and I drive on rough gravel roads all the time and not sure if it’s normal but my raptor feels clunky going over rough roads, had an xlt not too long ago before that and the ride felt more solid than the raptor. Anyone else feel the same way?
Sponsored

Hemmy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Raptor
Hi guys, just got me raptor and I drive on rough gravel roads all the time and not sure if it’s normal but my raptor feels clunky going over rough roads, had an xlt not too long ago before that and the ride felt more solid than the raptor. Anyone else feel the same way?
Seems to be a little bit of a mystery as to what is causing this. Not every Raptor owner has the same problem. Some Ford dealers are saying it is normal. I have experienced some light rattling like something is loose. Some people are dealing with worse issues with clunking and vibrations in the wheel and gas pedal. Here is a link to this on the Ford Raptor Forum where people have the same issue as you.
https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/subtle-clunking.87448/
There may be a couple more threads on this, but this is the most active thread on the clunking.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Cds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150xlt
Seems to be a little bit of a mystery as to what is causing this. Not every Raptor owner has the same problem. Some Ford dealers are saying it is normal. I have experienced some light rattling like something is loose. Some people are dealing with worse issues with clunking and vibrations in the wheel and gas pedal. Here is a link to this on the Ford Raptor Forum where people have the same issue as you.
https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/subtle-clunking.87448/
There may be a couple more threads on this, but this is the most active thread on the clunking.
Thanks for posting the link. I tried the bounce on the rear bumber method and I do hear some clunking around the shock absorber area. It feels like something is really loose- really annoying the hell out of me and shouldn’t be the case given how much the truck cost!

Hemmy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Raptor
Thanks for posting the link. I tried the bounce on the rear bumber method and I do hear some clunking around the shock absorber area. It feels like something is really loose- really annoying the hell out of me and shouldn’t be the case given how much the truck cost!
There are a lot of complaints about this. You would think, eventually, this will get Ford's attention as to a proper fix. Following that thread myself, I am surprised nobody has reached out to Fox asking about the new shocks and getting their opinion.

Gen3 Raptor

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Ford Raptor
Occupation
Retired
I just traded in a 2021 F150 XL for a 2021 Raptor. the first time I drove the Raptor I was surprised at how unrefined it felt compared to the XL. I have owned a Gen 1 and a Gen 2 and this Gen 3 definitely has the cheapest feeling ride out of all of them. Not what I was expecting but I still love my Raptor!
Sponsored