First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 PowerBoost 2015 EB Mustang
Occupation
Navy Vet
So now my Brand new F150 Powerboost sits in the service bay. The service manager told me in 2 -3 hours you'll hear back. This was at 7:30AM at 3:30PM I hear nothing, hunt the service manager down on the phone and she says her technician is looking at it. at 4:05 I get a notice on my Ford Pass about the code, the same code. They close at 5PM. So now I am waiting, my salesman is getting involved in the morning. My 2019 F150 2.7EB gave me no problems whatsoever.

BTW - same as you the truck drives just fine, power, handling, everything except this check engine light.
Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
If they have the part in hand, AND they actually focus on your truck, it's not a difficult repair. But that's a couple of ifs.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
So now my Brand new F150 Powerboost sits in the service bay. The service manager told me in 2 -3 hours you'll hear back. This was at 7:30AM at 3:30PM I hear nothing, hunt the service manager down on the phone and she says her technician is looking at it. at 4:05 I get a notice on my Ford Pass about the code, the same code. They close at 5PM. So now I am waiting, my salesman is getting involved in the morning. My 2019 F150 2.7EB gave me no problems whatsoever.

BTW - same as you the truck drives just fine, power, handling, everything except this check engine light.
Hi there – send a message to us with your VIN and the name location of your Ford dealership, I'd like to assist you with the repair issues you're experiencing at your dealership. Thanks!

OP
OP
victimofareload

victimofareload

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Lariat Power Boost
Dealer still has my truck as of today. They say parts came in today and they are going to get it finished today for pickup tomorrow. They still don't have any clue about the cause of the Misfire code. If Fordpass is to be trusted, they also cleared the CEL codes Tuesday. Pretty sure they haven't even looked at it since Tuesday of last week. So I'm guessing any hope of figuring out what that Misfire was caused by is gone.

I have gotten some Securialert notices today about doors and the hood being open. So something is happening.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Well at least FordPass tattles to the customer whether someone is actually accessing the truck.
I would NOT be concerned about a single incident of misfire. If the code returns you can harvest the code yourself before taking it to anyone. Be armed with information. It's all we have these days, but the good news is that they can't stop us from accessing the data. :)

Sponsored

OP
OP
victimofareload

victimofareload

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Lariat Power Boost
Well at least FordPass tattles to the customer whether someone is actually accessing the truck.
I would NOT be concerned about a single incident of misfire. If the code returns you can harvest the code yourself before taking it to anyone. Be armed with information. It's all we have these days, but the good news is that they can't stop us from accessing the data. :)
Yeah. I'm kicking myself for not pulling it first.

I went through a stint of Misfires with my 2013 3.5EB. (It needed fresh plugs). But it had physically "feelable" (If that's a word) misfires for weeks before it finally threw a code. So I'm concerned that it's been counting misfires since purchase and only just now reached a threshold to trigger a CEL. But yeah. I've got plenty of warranty left for it to go back in in the misfires reoccur. Taking a 7 week trip to the UK this Friday. So I'm going to get the truck back (hopefully) only for it to sit in my friends drive way for 7 weeks. Anyone want to take bets if the CEL is on again when I return? haha.

OP
OP
victimofareload

victimofareload

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Lariat Power Boost
So got my truck back today. Man what a bad apple of a dealership.

First off, I get there and the service manager tells me they drove the truck to Palm Bay and back (About 15 miles one way). Truck had only 8 miles put on it for the week and a half they had my truck. Then hides behind "Oh, that's what the tech told me". Secondly, the service manager tells me there was no misfire code. I'm sure they cleared it prior to caring.

So I call up the service director. Explain to him that I'm still being lied to and mislead. He proceeds to mislead me as well. Trying to explain to me that a hard fault would reappear on their test drive. I explain that not all misfire codes are "hard faults". To which he agrees then agreeing that could still be a problem. He then calls the tech that worked on the truck. Tech says he drove it down the street and back and that they did find a random misfire code of P0300 and that they "reprogrammed the PCM" which they believe will fix it.

It's my opinion that they are purposely running the clock on warranty work and repeat returns to milk ford (Since ford foots the bill).

Needless to say, I got my truck and got the hell out of there. I won't be going back to that dealer. I've also reached out to my contact at ford to tell them about my poor experience. Hopefully it doesn't fall on deaf ears. I do plan on pursing Florida Lemon Law if the Evap code pops up again. But hopefully that's fixed.

@Ford Motor Company You had asked the other user to get in touch with you for help. I don't know if that was extended to me. But if you would like to hear the full story and look into it yourself as well I'm happy to chat. I had opened case CAS-34385467 with ford about a week ago.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I understand your frustration, but if you are going to get another F150 because you DO actually like the truck, there's no way I would go through the painful and adversarial lemon law procedure over a plastic emissions part.
PEOPLE are failing you. You probably have a wonderful machine. :)

OP
OP
victimofareload

victimofareload

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Lariat Power Boost
I understand your frustration, but if you are going to get another F150 because you DO actually like the truck, there's no way I would go through the painful and adversarial lemon law procedure over a plastic emissions part.
PEOPLE are failing you. You probably have a wonderful machine. :)
It really is an amazing truck. And I do love it. I absolutely don't want to pursue lemon law. But I might have to.

Just got the work order from the dealership. They didn't list anything about the work done for the misfire code. So now I get to push back on that. Because I want it documented.

Hopefully my next service visit to another dealership will restore my faith.

OP
OP
victimofareload

victimofareload

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Lariat Power Boost
Well. As an update they completed the repairs on my truck including lots of other misc hassle with that particular dealer I won't go into.. The dealer replaced part ML3Z*9034*D "Pipe - Fuel Filler". They claimed that the random misfire can be caused by said evap leak. And thus they thought that was resolved too.

Well. Over the christmas weekend my CEL came back on. Same code, P04EE. I'm not going back to Kelly Ford. I reached back out to the Ford corp rep that I worked with before to ask her if she can help me. I can confirm @ssimpala1901 is having the same issue as well. After they also replaced his fuel filler pipe. I just want my truck fixed :(

Sponsored

AnarchyTech

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PowerBoost
Occupation
Software Engineer
I too have a 2021 F-150 Lariat PowerBoost with the same evap control system leak message. It started the 2nd day I had the truck - November 21.

I’m going through the same deal. Had my truck 4 days and no part. Today, they replaced my fuel filler neck and called me late at 4:30 PM to tell me that didn’t fix the problem. I’ve got to have the truck as I drive to East Texas to work on property - part of the whole reason for PowerBoost - mpg + tow capacity + 7200w generator.

I’ll update if this ever gets fixed

OP
OP
victimofareload

victimofareload

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Lariat Power Boost
I too have a 2021 F-150 Lariat PowerBoost with the same evap control system leak message. It started the 2nd day I had the truck - November 21.

I’m going through the same deal. Had my truck 4 days and no part. Today, they replaced my fuel filler neck and called me late at 4:30 PM to tell me that didn’t fix the problem. I’ve got to have the truck as I drive to East Texas to work on property - part of the whole reason for PowerBoost - mpg + tow capacity + 7200w generator.

I’ll update if this ever gets fixed
Welcome to the club :( the whole reason I made this thread was to help others via Google. haha. My truck is going to a different dealer tomorrow (They secured me a rental and are bringing it from about an hour away on a wrecker and picking my truck up). @ssimpala1901 's truck is still in the shop. His dealer recently called ford engineering about it. Engineering said this can happen due to a crushed O-Ring where the fuel lines meet the tank. They were dropping his tank as of two days ago. Updates all around as we figure things out.

ssimpala1901

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Navy Vet
Welcome to the club :( the whole reason I made this thread was to help others via Google. haha. My truck is going to a different dealer tomorrow (They secured me a rental and are bringing it from about an hour away on a wrecker and picking my truck up). @ssimpala1901 's truck is still in the shop. His dealer recently called ford engineering about it. Engineering said this can happen due to a crushed O-Ring where the fuel lines meet the tank. They were dropping his tank as of two days ago. Updates all around as we figure things out.
So far they replaced
the fuel filler neck
Evap purge valve
both did absolutely nothing to resolve the problem

So the service department dropped the fuel tank on my truck and said they have found the problem:

"He found the point of failure which is a fuel vapor line leak on the top of the gas tank. Parts are on backorder at the moment, and the order has been placed. we are on the wait list for when they become available."

I will keep this thread posted..

OP
OP
victimofareload

victimofareload

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Lariat Power Boost
My truck has been at a new dealer since last saturday. They claim they are replacing the "Leak Detection Module" once they can find one. Apparently is backordered. Then they are going to keep it awhile to see if they can get it to throw the code again. Also have been ghosted by ford corporate. My agent stopped responding to me and even calling ford corp back and trying to escalate is leading me to no answer. Sure seems like ford has abandoned me too. @Ford Motor Company Sure would be nice if I could get some support from you.

ssimpala1901

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Navy Vet
My truck has been at a new dealer since last saturday. They claim they are replacing the "Leak Detection Module" once they can find one. Apparently is backordered. Then they are going to keep it awhile to see if they can get it to throw the code again. Also have been ghosted by ford corporate. My agent stopped responding to me and even calling ford corp back and trying to escalate is leading me to no answer. Sure seems like ford has abandoned me too. @Ford Motor Company Sure would be nice if I could get some support from you.
I have no new information still waiting on the repair and the buyback my Ford Corporate person called me she left me a voicemail but I was at work and did not get the message.
Sponsored