First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Powerboost F150 Platinum 4x4
Occupation
Engineer
Hi Chill_will, I really like what you have done to your truck. Can you comment on your experience with the ReadyLift 2” vs I think you looked at the 3.5 SST as well? I’m going back and forth with my 157” 4x4 w/CCD and if I want to spring for the 3.5 SST since it works.
It’s been great so far. I’m glad I went with the 2” over the 3.5” for multiple reasons, one of which being parking garage access. I come in around 6’ 7” so can squeak by down to 6’ 8”. I hadn’t really thought about it before making the decision but has been nice for airport and my office parking. Ride quality has been great as well. My shop had mentioned the 3.5” being more of a stiff ride and the LT tires already make the ride much firmer so staying with the 2” maintains a bit more comfort. Lastly, all of the blue cruise and safe driving features work like stock without any additional calibration. Overall, it’s been a good decision.
Sponsored

Alexk

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Order ‘22 F150 Platinum Powerboost Carbonized Gray
It’s been great so far. I’m glad I went with the 2” over the 3.5” for multiple reasons, one of which being parking garage access. I come in around 6’ 7” so can squeak by down to 6’ 8”. I hadn’t really thought about it before making the decision but has been nice for airport and my office parking. Ride quality has been great as well. My shop had mentioned the 3.5” being more of a stiff ride and the LT tires already make the ride much firmer so staying with the 2” maintains a bit more comfort. Lastly, all of the blue cruise and safe driving features work like stock without any additional calibration. Overall, it’s been a good decision.
Thanks for sharing your experience and excellent points. I just checked our airport parking and happy to see they are 8’ limits. Your input and the concern on the CV angles is making me question the 3.5” SST. I like the look of the extra lift, but don’t want to see significant impact on ride quality either.

I apologize if you have this posted already and I’m just not remember reading it. Do you have measurements of the front and rear fender heights as well as the deployed step to the ground measurements you can share? I’m particularly interested in your config as its really close to my config, outside the longer bed.

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
I’ve really gotten a lot out of this forum through my whole ordering and build process so figured I’d post my build so far. Feel free to ask any questions!

‘21 Platinum PB 4x4 w/CCD and scales iconic silver
- ReadyLift 2” front leveling kit
-Fuel Siege 20x9 +20 offset wheels
-295/60 R20 Nitto Recon Grappler
-Full exterior/interior 10yr triple Ceramic Pro coat
-Front windows 25% ceramic tint
-Rydonair 7” antenna
-Bak X4S tonneau cover
-Front emblem black/silver overlay
-Tailgate ABS black platinum inserts
-Bully 4.5” black exhaust tip
-Husky wheel well liners
-Added the FX4 all weather mats with my FordPass points
-4x4 decal delete

So far I’ve been exceptionally pleased with ride quality and functionality. The only issue was having to get the dealer to reset the suspension sensors after my level, which both the CCD and scales rely on. Note: scales taillight function shown in last photo.

This is my first time running LT tires and the Recons have been surprisingly quiet and provide much more handling capability. MPG hit has been around 2 mpg and hybrid functionality impact has been minimal. I can still average around 22+ in the city and 18-20 highway (Texas has fast highways ?). 20% electric miles on most trips. I expect these numbers to be a little better come summer.

The X4S tonneau cover has been a much better experience than my old bakflip cover when hauling hay and other cargo since it allows visibility out the back window in the fully open position. I highly recommend it.

The ceramic coating has been exceptional as well. Absolutely no need for windshield wipers. I’ve driven through some hard rains and the rain flys right off on impact. It’s quite amazing.

I’m still considering some more chrome delete options and adding some taillight tint to match the tremor/raptor style. Other than that, the silver bullet is about done.
238140F3-6217-4B63-9B48-A34D6F06988E.jpeg
0C3F8910-F421-4043-AF99-3B3BB89726AD.jpeg
DA9A23AF-1CE9-4B33-8F1A-8650A2E37D8A.jpeg
30E0E86A-33FC-4B1E-A76D-D4A54F6883A9.jpeg
Nice!

How do the points convert to dollars?

Like 10k points equals x dollars?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Powerboost XLT - FX4
What is the CCD that you have on your truck. I didn't know there was a continuously controlled dampending system on the F150. Is this an aftermarker shock that you bought or a suspension system that only comes on the Platnum package???

Sponsored

OP
OP
chill_will

chill_will

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Nice!

How do the points convert to dollars?

Like 10k points equals x dollars?
I haven’t calculated it directly but I think new purchase lands you something like $200 in points. I could be a bit off

OP
OP
chill_will

chill_will

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
What is the CCD that you have on your truck. I didn't know there was a continuously controlled dampending system on the F150. Is this an aftermarker shock that you bought or a suspension system that only comes on the Platnum package???
It’s Ford’s new optional CCD suspension.

Mladen5375

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 lariat powerboost, 2018 G80 Sport 3.3T
Occupation
Engineer
Nice build!! How bad did your MPG's drop?

OP
OP
chill_will

chill_will

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Nice build!! How bad did your MPG's drop?
Got 22 on my 55mi commute home today. In heavy to light traffic on mostly highway. Overall, my city and highway average is around 20. Staying in town, I’ve been getting consistently 22+. It’s the crazy fast Texas highway (no traffic) drives that pull that down. So overall it’s about 3-4 with non highway much closer to 1-2. Pretty happy considering the LT tires and level.

Sponsored

Coreytrevor

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150
@chill_will awesome truck setup!
I got my exterior ceramic coated as well and I love it. How do you like the ceramic interior and how has it held up? I have been debating doing the same to mine but I wasn’t sure if it would make the interior too shiny? I am also a little skeptical about ceramic coating the leather and then not beingn able to condition the leather or anything. Usually that makes it soft and keeps it from cracking. The ceramic is still fairly new so I’m a little skeptical on how it will hold up.

thanks!

OP
OP
chill_will

chill_will

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Thanks! It’s been holding up well! My 2 year old has tested the leather with more than a few juice and milk spills haha. I haven’t tried conditioning the leather yet but it still feels soft and hasn’t cracked at all.

@chill_will awesome truck setup!
I got my exterior ceramic coated as well and I love it. How do you like the ceramic interior and how has it held up? I have been debating doing the same to mine but I wasn’t sure if it would make the interior too shiny? I am also a little skeptical about ceramic coating the leather and then not beingn able to condition the leather or anything. Usually that makes it soft and keeps it from cracking. The ceramic is still fairly new so I’m a little skeptical on how it will hold up.

thanks!
Sponsored