21 PB with leveling kit.. Considering removing

ponterpitt

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
I have a 21 powerboost w max tow and I had a 2 1/2 inch leveling kit installed for about $750 at the dealer last summer. Ride quality is not great over the smallest pot holes here in pa. It almost feels like a crash thunk..
I have been towing a small 21 foot camper about 4000 pounds and I noticed that the back and sinks a little and looks silly..

I am considering longer upper control arms in the front and a roadmaster active suspension kit in the back to level out the back. That’s about another thousand dollars in parts. Plus install.. I am considering doing those upgrades to improve the ride quality and reduce sagging when towing.

The other direction would be just to go with a 2 inch lift kit and ditch the level kit.. although I don’t know that all of my issues would resolve.. maybe you guys have similar issues and know better?

Thanks

Ford F-150 21 PB with leveling kit.. Considering removing 510CDC18-F304-4A52-BADC-91959160AEC0
Sponsored

cclark20

First Name
CD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Platinum SuperCrew PB 4X4 BAP
Add some Airlift air bags to the rear. If you don’t need to adjust the level at will you can go without the compressor. Run the air lines out the license plate mount holes and use the valve nuts to hold the plate on. It is fairly inexpensive fix without having to take your level off.

Another alternative is to add a bigger block to the rear axle mount but that will mess up your level.

Depending if you changed out the front coilovers the rough ride feel is probably from the quick rebound of those more off-road focused front coilovers.

Good luck

OP
OP
ponterpitt

ponterpitt

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
Add some Airlift air bags to the rear. If you don’t need to adjust the level at will you can go without the compressor. Run the air lines out the license plate mount holes and use the valve nuts to hold the plate on. It is fairly inexpensive fix without having to take your level off.

Another alternative is to add a bigger block to the rear axle mount but that will mess up your level.

Depending if you changed out the front coilovers the rough ride feel is probably from the quick rebound of those more off-road focused front coilovers.

Good luck
I will look into the airbags instead of the RAS system. I like your idea of the concealment of the air lines.
The coilovers are just stock (fx4 package) .. the leveling kit install just consisted of a metal puck adding the space.
I read that longer control arms would help with articulation in the front.

cclark20

First Name
CD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Platinum SuperCrew PB 4X4 BAP
I will look into the airbags instead of the RAS system. I like your idea of the concealment of the air lines.
The coilovers are just stock (fx4 package) .. the leveling kit install just consisted of a metal puck adding the space.
I read that longer control arms would help with articulation in the front.
If you decide to spend the money and go away from the spacer lift, I really liked how the Eibach Pro adjustable coilovers and rear shock kit performed on my 2020 Lariat.

Sponsored

Majorplane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
Check out Timbren products

Cajin Kevin

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat FX4 Powerboost
Occupation
Minister
I installed the Firestone Ride Rite air lift system on my '21 PB Lariat. I tow a 28' travel trailer. Truck has a 2.5" leveling kit dealer installed. Even with a WD hitch, I still had squat. The air lift system fixed that. Installed the air lift system myself. (Great idea to run the air lines through the license plate holes! Project this weekend!)

Sponsored

OP
OP
ponterpitt

ponterpitt

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
Thanks for the Input.. Did you continue to use the WD hitch anyway?

I installed the Firestone Ride Rite air lift system on my '21 PB Lariat. I tow a 28' travel trailer. Truck has a 2.5" leveling kit dealer installed. Even with a WD hitch, I still had squat. The air lift system fixed that. Installed the air lift system myself. (Great idea to run the air lines through the license plate holes! Project this weekend!)

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
302a crew - 6'5" Sport, Max Tow, FX4
After looking into the types of weight dist hitches seems that there are a few options Any suggestions?
Some have chains and some have solid parts..
how about this one at hobo..

https://www.harborfreight.com/10000...MIn6O9hZjC9wIVQ-HICh2PgQEEEAQYASABEgKwJfD_BwE
I have this Husky one to tow our 23' - 3,900 lb travel trailer. It's good. Haven't tried any others so, can't comment if it's better or worse than most. Seems to work for me though...

Ford F-150 21 PB with leveling kit.. Considering removing 14-1027-2

https://www.rvupgradestore.com/Husky-Towing-Weight-Distribution-Hitch-12000-lbs-p/14-1027.htm

WDWFordGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Powerboost