21 King Ranch Owner Feedback...

truck trader

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Powerboost
Occupation
Outdoor Industry
I ordered a 21 King Ranch on August 26th. I picked it up from the dealer on January 21st. It was an early build, just got caught up at the factory before delivery.

I immediately noticed an issue with the size of the drivers seat - the base, not the back. It’s extremely small and uncomfortable. The left bolster hits me mid hamstring and the leg is totally off the seat closest to the knee. My billfold hangs off the seat when in my left back pocket. The seat also feels as though it’s turned slightly to the right.

My dealership agrees with my opinion. Every employee, including the owner, thinks there’s an issue. They’ve taken the seat out and reinstalled it. No change. The dealership has been great about the whole ordeal. In fact, I’m currently driving a 21 XLT from their lot until the issue is resolved.

I've been in every other 21 trim level except the Limited. None of the other trims share the same seat issue. Although the seats feel and measure smaller than previous years, they still “fit”. I’ve not been in another 21 King Ranch to compare. I’m not huge, but not tiny. 6’2”, 250 lbs.

My dealer has contacted Ford with no resolution.

Needless to say, I’m mad and disappointed. I specifically ordered this truck with every option I wanted. I really like everything about the truck, but absolutely despise the drivers seat. I can honestly say it’s the most uncomfortable truck I’ve ever driven. I can’t tolerate it. I’m done with it.

I’d like some feedback from other 21 King Ranch owners regarding their driver’s seat. Is it a King Ranch specific issue? Maybe an early build King Ranch issue? My seat is a disaster straight from the factory.
Sponsored

OP
OP

truck trader

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Powerboost
Occupation
Outdoor Industry
Mine doesn’t have the fold flat seats.

NumbersGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 King Ranch
For what it’s worth, I’ve heard similar feedback from other owners of (I believe) other trims. Seems to be a seat issue on some builds. Not sure we know the pattern yet, but hopefully the dealership and Ford can get you all sorted out.

I have never been in a 21 F150, but have a KR on order that looks to be entering production next week.

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
For what it’s worth, I’ve heard similar feedback from other owners of (I believe) other trims. Seems to be a seat issue on some builds. Not sure we know the pattern yet, but hopefully the dealership and Ford can get you all sorted out.

I have never been in a 21 F150, but have a KR on order that looks to be entering production next week.
Sweet! Is it a Powerboost? If so we'll be like a select few in the entire state!

Sponsored

OP
OP

truck trader

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Powerboost
Occupation
Outdoor Industry

Interesting. I've not heard anything about other trim levels. It makes sense though.

I wish some of you could get in this seat and see why I'm complaining. It's the same feeling I get when I go to my youngest daughters grade school and try to squeeze into one of the seat/desk combos built for a kid. The left half of my butt hangs off those too!

unixadm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum PowerBoost FX4
You should consider taking some pictures of the seat with a tape measure measurements in view so that others could possibly perform a comparison. I have a 2021 Platinum with the max recline seats, and the truck is very comfortable.

OP
OP

truck trader

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Powerboost
Occupation
Outdoor Industry
You should consider taking some pictures of the seat with a tape measure measurements in view so that others could possibly perform a comparison. I have a 2021 Platinum with the max recline seats, and the truck is very comfortable.
My truck is currently at the dealership or I would do that. I did measure before I dropped it off. The seat measured 19" wide at the front and 15" wide at the rear. I do have one picture looking straight down on the seat cushion I can try to post.

OP
OP

truck trader

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Powerboost
Occupation
Outdoor Industry
This is looking straight down on the seat. Excuse the mess. I tend to get things a little muddy!

Ford F-150 21 King Ranch Owner Feedback... 45420A09-686A-4049-816F-BBDFF6064137

Sponsored

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Trying to get him to sell the truck to you? I see you Daemonic
I am desperate! This is getting ridiculous that Ford is punishing me for some unknown reason. Yours arrive yet?

On topic: For the 2021's I sat in an XLT and a Limited, and I did not feel any difference on my ass from my 2017 XLT. I hope it is just a few bad built seats.

ZWARRIOR

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat 501A 2.7l
Occupation
Software Engineer
I am desperate! This is getting ridiculous that Ford is punishing me for some unknown reason. Yours arrive yet?

On topic: For the 2021's I sat in an XLT and a Limited, and I did not feel any difference on my ass from my 2017 XLT. I hope it is just a few bad built seats.
Nope. ETA is 3/13 so hoping for the best.

best of luck buddy!

NumbersGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 King Ranch
Sweet! Is it a Powerboost? If so we'll be like a select few in the entire state!
Went with the Coyote. I’m probably old-school, but I like the idea of a simple V8 with lots of headroom. Never been in a PB, but I understand it can put you back in your seat. Have fun with that!
Interesting. I've not heard anything about other trim levels. It makes sense though.

I wish some of you could get in this seat and see why I'm complaining. It's the same feeling I get when I go to my youngest daughters grade school and try to squeeze into one of the seat/desk combos built for a kid. The left half of my butt hangs off those too!
I don’t doubt there’s an issue with your seat. Based on your description, we are similar builds and you should not be having this problem with your truck. Should be some of the most comfortable seats in a vehicle.
Sponsored