21' F150 Fuel Thieves

kds083

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Haven't been on here in a while...21' Lariat has been great so far. Thought I would throw this on here and hopefully prevent someone else from experiencing the same thing, maybe even catch some of these losers.

I'm located in a tight knit small neighborhood in a good area, and I park my truck outside in the driveway. Had some fuel thieves come in and drill a hole in my gas tank with a hole saw (wish they would have caught a spark from the drill). Surprised they actually got away with it in my neighborhood, checked everyone's cameras and didn't get any leads, they got lucky and didn't drive past my driveway otherwise the neighbor would have had them. Everyday there seems to be more low life's in this country.

If your trucks are parked outside make sure to protect your property and put up cameras/flood lights even if you think nothing will happen. They like to target new trucks that are easy to get underneath since most vehicles are getting harder to siphon, and new trucks more than likely have large full gas tanks. I already installed security cameras with phone alerts and spotlights coving every angle, hoping they come back and try again...
Sponsored

LA1401

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021Lariat 502a Supercab
Occupation
government employee
Haven't been on here in a while...21' Lariat has been great so far. Thought I would throw this on here and hopefully prevent someone else from experiencing the same thing, maybe even catch some of these losers.

I'm located in a tight knit small neighborhood in a good area, and I park my truck outside in the driveway. Had some fuel thieves come in and drill a hole in my gas tank with a hole saw (wish they would have caught a spark from the drill). Surprised they actually got away with it in my neighborhood, checked everyone's cameras and didn't get any leads, they got lucky and didn't drive past my driveway otherwise the neighbor would have had them. Everyday there seems to be more low life's in this country.

If your trucks are parked outside make sure to protect your property and put up cameras/flood lights even if you think nothing will happen. They like to target new trucks that are easy to get underneath since most vehicles are getting harder to siphon, and new trucks more than likely have large full gas tanks. I already installed security cameras with phone alerts and spotlights coving every angle, hoping they come back and try again...

I hate thieves. Hope you get them!

dhrandy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1950 Plymouth, 2021 F-150 Lariat 500a
Occupation
Engineering Tech
Dang, that sucks. There was someone on here worrying about not having a locking fuel cap. Guess it wouldn't have done any good.

mnstang

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB Leadfoot
Occupation
US Gov
Any idea as to the cost to fix what these idiots have done?

Sponsored

AutonomousHybridF150

First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Adjuster
It’s covered under comprehensive and shouldn’t hit you since comp is for “things you can’t control”.

OP
OP

kds083

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
They stole your wheels, mirrors, airbags, headlamps, and taillights too right???
Um Yeah...and my lift kit, aftermarket hood, exhaust, etc, etc lol. I wish, but we know our insurance agent. Comprehensive vandalism, $100 deductible and probably $50 worth of fuel. Worst part is now my daughter is scared every night. If they come back once they trip my cameras I'll give the police about a minute or two head start since my township police jurisdiction is small, and then I'll be sneaking out my back door fully loaded.

KartRacer25

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 SuperCab Sport 4x4 5.0 3.73 Space White
Occupation
Senior Software Engineer
Bummer.
Huge increase in catalytic converter theft around here in last year too.
I got ring cameras last year. Pretty nice, covers truck, will get notification on phone app.
So I can then look down on my driveway and truck from my bedroom window, and with a supported stance I have about a 300 yard effective kill zone, Ha ha.

fmdog44

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150 XL
Occupation
Retired
I watched the Vice Channel recently when they rode with and sat down with professional gangs of car thieves. It was revealing as it was alarming What some thieves do is cruise neighborhoods after work hours and document what vehicles are where and what to steal from them. They tool up so they are fast in and fast out. They sweep through neighborhoods stealing several vehicles in one night. Luxury vehicles and their items like wheels and tires are the most popular and sell the same night they are stolen. Expensive vehicles sell like hot cakes in Nigeria. Thieves get phone calls for orders then go and cruise around until they find one that meets the order. If they see it and it is being driven then they carjack it and some thieves will shoot the drivers if they dare resist.

Sponsored

thicctacoboi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost
I have one of these on my driveway as its longer and I live out of the city (I also hate surprises). Works very well, had it for almost 2 years.

Ford F-150 21' F150 Fuel Thieves 1628698946301

Might give you some piece of mind, not foolproof, but cheap and easy. I had someone come up my driveway around midnight, pretty sure I scared them off when they drove up to my backdoor and I was already standing there glaring at them with a freedom seed launcher.

Edit: Just to add, not worth shooting someone over some gas/property damage.

AutonomousHybridF150

First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Adjuster
Bummer.
Huge increase in catalytic converter theft around here in last year too.
I got ring cameras last year. Pretty nice, covers truck, will get notification on phone app.
So I can then look down on my driveway and truck from my bedroom window, and with a supported stance I have about a 300 yard effective kill zone, Ha ha.
Funny we have a guy’s face all over the news wanted for stealing catalytic converters. Lol

OP
OP

kds083

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
More kidding than actually going to shoot someone over it lol. Hopefully the motion lights, and I can trigger a alarm if I get a notification from one of the cameras will take care of it. Funny part is it looks like 3/4 of the gas ended up on the ground since I have a 6x6 area of dead grass lol.

Tanks are made out of polyethylene, looking into it looks nearly impossible to fix one correctly so it's getting replaced right now. Got lucky and I guess there were five tanks available, I was worried I was going to get stuck in a parts shortage.

Missmy3/4ton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
300a XLT 5.0 4x4
Dang, that sucks. There was someone on here worrying about not having a locking fuel cap. Guess it wouldn't have done any good.
Man, I was worried about it too.

OP, looks like a good excuse to upgrade to a 36 gal tank if you don't have one!
Sponsored