First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 F-150 XL 4x4 RCSB Carbonized Gray
Occupation
Retired USAF Medic
It took me about 20-25 min to install the floor mat retainer buttons, since mine didn't come with any. If you do order the floor mats for the vinyl floor, (ML3Z-1513086-CA) it DOES come with the retainer clips/buttons the mats snap onto. It really is a simple job and the instructions (pictures) are easy to follow.

I did make a tool to cut a hole at each end of the cuts in hopes of preventing the vinyl flooring from tearing. I used a .17 HMR case in a drill to cut plugs at each end. A drill tears at the rubber, whereas the hollow case leaves smooth edges, lessening the chance of tearing.

Ford F-150 2024 XL RCSB vinyl floor mat retainer install hole drill

After you position the mats where they should be, use a sharpie to mark each hole.

Ford F-150 2024 XL RCSB vinyl floor mat retainer install floor mat 1

Place the pattern, and with a fresh/new blade, score the cut lines---don't cut all the way through yet.

Ford F-150 2024 XL RCSB vinyl floor mat retainer install floor mat 2

At the end of each score mark, drill a small hole.

Ford F-150 2024 XL RCSB vinyl floor mat retainer install floor mat 3 drill

Next, carefully, finish the cuts between each hole, without going past the hole.

Ford F-150 2024 XL RCSB vinyl floor mat retainer install floor mat holes

Pull the door sill cover off (just pull up, it has retainer clips but pulls off easily), reach between the insulation and vinyl floor, and insert the mat retainer clips...you should hear a click when they engage.

Ford F-150 2024 XL RCSB vinyl floor mat retainer install retainers installed

Put the mats in and that's that !!!
Ford F-150 2024 XL RCSB vinyl floor mat retainer install install complete
Sponsored

Dale B

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150(on order), SL500, S430, Boxster, 930, CJ5
Occupation
Retired
It took me about 20-25 min to install the floor mat retainer buttons, since mine didn't come with any. If you do order the floor mats for the vinyl floor, (ML3Z-1513086-CA) it DOES come with the retainer clips/buttons the mats snap onto. It really is a simple job and the instructions (pictures) are easy to follow.

I did make a tool to cut a hole at each end of the cuts in hopes of preventing the vinyl flooring from tearing. I used a .17 HMR case in a drill to cut plugs at each end. A drill tears at the rubber, whereas the hollow case leaves smooth edges, lessening the chance of tearing.

hole drill.jpg

After you position the mats where they should be, use a sharpie to mark each hole.

floor mat 1.jpg

Place the pattern, and with a fresh/new blade, score the cut lines---don't cut all the way through yet.

floor mat 2.jpg

At the end of each score mark, drill a small hole.

floor mat 3 drill.jpg

Next, carefully, finish the cuts between each hole, without going past the hole.

floor mat holes.jpg

Pull the door sill cover off (just pull up, it has retainer clips but pulls off easily), reach between the insulation and vinyl floor, and insert the mat retainer clips...you should hear a click when they engage.

retainers installed.jpg

Put the mats in and that's that !!!
install complete.jpg
Thanks for the information. I have hesitated installing the buttons because I wasn’t sure if I wanted to put a hole in the flooring.
One of the things that bothers me about these mats is that they show every foot print. I have thought about cutting a piece of indoor/outdoor carpet to fit the mat, but that would defeat the whole purpose wouldn’t it.

Bossharp

First Name
Clinton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda
Occupation
Retired USN
Most folks cover carpet with plastic or rubber mats as soon as they get a new truck.. When I get my XL regular cab I'll put good carpeted mats and maybe even have a high quality carpet installed. I want my cab to be as cool comfortable and quiet as possible. Thanks for posting this!

VTR_16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Bronco Wildtrak / 2023 Explorer ST Line
Thanks for posting this! I looked around for a while for mats. Really wanted to try these but wasn’t sure if they’d slide around or how the clip install would go. My kiddo likes to sit in the middle so his feet can touch the floor so I ordered this on Amazon. Wish there was a Ford option for a 1 piece like this.

https://a.co/d/a4TRtlw

Ford F-150 2024 XL RCSB vinyl floor mat retainer install IMG_5793

Sponsored

National Superbike

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 SC 2.7EB
Occupation
vintage motorcycle restoration
I bought a set of OEM carpet mats off ebay and used industrial velcro. I'll probably get the Ford clips since the driver side mat has the holes already. I bet if you got the shell casing hot with a torch, it would melt a perfect hole in the flooring.

skiatl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Iconic Silver XL RCSB 5.0
Occupation
Retired
Thanks for posting this! I looked around for a while for mats. Really wanted to try these but wasn’t sure if they’d slide around or how the clip install would go. My kiddo likes to sit in the middle so his feet can touch the floor so I ordered this on Amazon. Wish there was a Ford option for a 1 piece like this.

https://a.co/d/a4TRtlw

IMG_5793.jpeg
I just got mine and the cupholders too.

Ford F-150 2024 XL RCSB vinyl floor mat retainer install mat

VTR_16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I just got mine and the cupholders too.

mat.jpg
Nice!! They’re pretty plastic in feel but I’m fine with it. Easy to wipe clean and protects the floor. Why was I not aware of the cup holders?? You have a part #? OEM?

VTR_16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks for this!

Sponsored

KTM753

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XL
Does anyone know if the clips installed in the rubber floor are available separately?

Ford F-150 2024 XL RCSB vinyl floor mat retainer install Screenshot_20240613-140908

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rinn69

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 F-150 XL 4x4 RCSB Carbonized Gray
Occupation
Retired USAF Medic
Does anyone know if the clips installed in the rubber floor are available separately?

Screenshot_20240613-140908.png
Yes they are. W715014-SS3JA about $2-3 each.
Sponsored