First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT 5.0L 302A Carbonized Gray
Occupation
Retired US Navy; currently DND
I have a lot of friends who swear by them. I’ve spent a lot of time in them AND driving them and I won’t deny that they are one hell of an “off-road” animal. AND very reliable. The ICE ones anyway.
I think Taco owners are on the same level as Jeep owners, lol! Passionate to no end, regardless of facts!

(mind you, that probably goes for MANY car/truck owners, haha! But Jeep/Taco owners seem in a league of their own)
Sponsored

UNIKRN150

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pinto SE 4x4
I think Taco owners are on the same level as Jeep owners, lol! Passionate to no end, regardless of facts!

(mind you, that probably goes for MANY car/truck owners, haha! But Jeep/Taco owners seem in a league of their own)
I considered removing the FX4 decal from my truck (and didn't) but if it had a "TARD" decal...

doolin64

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Lariat Powerboost
Occupation
Real estate
I just can't get behind Toyota design. Too chunky for me. I was underwhelmed by the new Ranger. If I was midsize truck shopping I'd be going for the GMC Canyon AT4

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
I considered removing the FX4 decal from my truck (and didn't) but if it had a "TARD" decal...
you mean the TURD decal. thats all i see when i see the TRD decal

GrowedUpTaco

First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 F-150 XLT 302A, 3.5L Ecoboost, FX4, 3.55 Rear
Occupation
Goober
I gave up on Toyota. Local dealers charging $7995 market adjustments on a Tundra. Can only imagine the nonsense once these Tacos hit the lot. I’ve owned several over the years and don’t get me wrong, they were all great vehicles with no mechanical issues. But, is it really worth it?

Sponsored

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
Even Sofyan at Redline stated the air dam is ugly and most people will remove it.

RuggedGoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 XLT 157" 302a
OMG did you guys see the front air dam on the non TRD models? F^&*n hideous! So Toyota games the aero for decent EPA mpg ratings but then customers will have to just rip this abomination off eventually.

How is that thing not gonna snag on parking curbs?

Ford F-150 2024 Tacoma Revealed! Now With Hybrid Model 🔋 1684766949879

MAhauler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Explorer
OMG did you guys see the front air dam on the non TRD models? F^&*n hideous! So Toyota games the aero for decent EPA mpg ratings but then customers will have to just rip this abomination off eventually.

How is that thing not gonna snag on parking curbs?

1684766949879.png
It removes easily by unfastening 9 bolts.

See: Air dam removes easily - https://www.tacoma4g.com/forum/threads/air-dam-remove-easily-will-removing-make-actual-mpg-fuel-efficiency-aerodynamics-difference.1366/unread

RuggedGoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 XLT 157" 302a
Yeah but they always remove "easily". But how often do you want to lay in the mud with a flashlight to find all 9 fasteners to unbolt and reinstall? Once it comes off, who would put that ugly thing back on?

Sponsored

mxwrk

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Powerboost
Yeah but they always remove "easily". But how often do you want to lay in the mud with a flashlight to find all 9 fasteners to unbolt and reinstall? Once it comes off, who would put that ugly thing back on?
I'd imagine you would take it off prior to camping or off-road trips, then put it back on for commuting. With my F150 I use an RCI rack and roof top tent, but when I get home between trips I strip that off and put my soft roll up tonneau back on. Most won't do this, but some will.

dhrandy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1950 Plymouth, 2021 F-150 Lariat 500a
Occupation
Engineering Tech
Good looking truck. I'm sure they'll sell the crap out of them. Great to see they still kept the manual and have many optional configurations. I like the PreRunner, I would probably consider it if I didn't need the full size truck.

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
No channel does better than savage geese. Here they are with the lead engineer for those interested in the non-marketing side of things.

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
Since it’s Toyota: 9 bolts to remove the airdam means it will work just fine with 5 bolts holding it on.

The electric airdam on Ford and Ram is a total gimmick. What happens when you pull across a curb or hit a speed bump with a static air dam? It’s rubber and bends. Get over it! New trucks need to be built with parts that can be bumped and scraped. Not shit with servos and crap.

For anyone that wanted a quick look at the Xtracab.
Sponsored