First Name
MATT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 502A PowerBoost 22 Camry AWD XSE 97 Cobra
Occupation
INSPECTOR
I hate my 22 Camry XSE AWD, but the TRD Pro Taco looks like a cool replacement. As soon as I can find one to sit in, I may order one for my work truck

9663mu

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Iconic F150
They hit a grand slam and this is from someone who is not a huge fan of the Toyota trucks but this new Tacoma checked a lot of boxes. From the new frame to new interior to the 2.4KW and much more .

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
i donโ€™t know if yโ€™all noticed.. but they have a 2.4kw inverter available on some models. that is f*cking crazy for a mid sized pickup truck.
Honestly that shouldn't be surprising or novel. Every hybrid should have such as an option. The motors are 3 phase, there's no reason that while driving a 500w solution is used, but while stationary 1 phase of the motor's inverter can output whatever the user wants. These are things that'd cost a couple dollars in additional wiring to do from the ground up while offering customers tremendous flexibility.

Even a split phase 4.8kW capability would be nothing for these vehicles to do. We'd likely see this from tesla already if they weren't so incorrectly hellbent on selling power walls instead of intelligent solutions for customers. Every single EV and hybrid vehicle has the means to output 3 phase power, because they do it in operation already. This should be ubiquitous, not surprising.

Sponsored

9663mu

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Iconic F150
I suspect that this inverter requires the engine to be running full time though. Just a guess, though.

What I find more interesting is that there's finally a Taco that doesn't take a week and a half to get to 60 MPH...
I think it will work like the Ford and thatโ€™s turn the truck on when needed.

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
302a crew - 6'5" Sport, Max Tow, FX4
I'm sure it'll sell like hotcakes. Won't work for me as it wouldn't tow my trailer well.

Not a bad looking truck but agree with other that airdam has to go.
I wonder how many will be taken out by parking curbs?

Curious to see if they fixed the seating position so many complained about....