2024 Navigation Now Subscription Based Only

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT, Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
As I looked through the new order guide as well as the online build and price it appears navigation has gone exclusively to a subscription based service. Every '24 F-150 trim level now comes standard with a 12 inch screen and connected navigation with a one year trial included.

Unlike the 21-23's which had the option to purchase built in navigation or include it with a package that is not the case for the 24's. You have no choice anymore, you only get connected as standard equipment with a one year trial and after that it is only subscription based. I have this setup with my '22 and after my 90 day trial I had to pay $80 per year to have Ford navigation capability or it reverts to just a moving map. At this point you can not enter any destination waypoint and get guidance. The plus to this is my truck saved $800 by not having built in nav and with the subscription your maps are updated automatically.

If anybody sees it differently than this please chime in.
Sponsored

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
Subscription requirements of automakers will continue to increase in every way they can.

I bought a truck with built in navigation so I won't know how useful or not that is until trial runs out in 2024.

OP
OP
nvabill

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT, Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Subscription requirements of automakers will continue to increase in every way they can.

I bought a truck with built in navigation so I won't know how useful or not that is until trial runs out in 2024.
You will still have navigation capability when your trial is over if you let it lapse. On mine which is only connected after my trial it reverted to a moving map only so I went ahead and paid the $80 for a year.

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
You will still have navigation capability when your trial is over if you let it lapse. On mine which is only connected after my trial it reverted to a moving map only so I went ahead and paid the $80 for a year.
That is the understanding I have but I'll know when I get there next May.

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Ranger; 24 F-150 XL 4x4 RCSB ordered
Occupation
Retired USAF
After the crappy navigation I had in my 2010 and 2013 Ram's, I went with a little Garmin in 2011. The Ram's route from point A to B often took me zig-zagging through a neighborhood vs going straight on the main roads, then making a turn and arriving. Now, I use the Maps app on my iPhone. Easy to use, takes traffic into account, and offers different routes which are actually displayed. And I don't have to be stopped for a passenger to enter the info. And it's FREE !!!

Sponsored

Polo08816

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 BMW 335i
After the crappy navigation I had in my 2010 and 2013 Ram's, I went with a little Garmin in 2011. The Ram's route from point A to B often took me zig-zagging through a neighborhood vs going straight on the main roads, then making a turn and arriving. Now, I use the Maps app on my iPhone. Easy to use, takes traffic into account, and offers different routes which are actually displayed. And I don't have to be stopped for a passenger to enter the info. And it's FREE !!!
+1. My plan is to just use Google Maps/Waze via CarPlay.

snyce1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' F150PB PLATINUM, 17'Escape, 15'expeditionEL
As I looked through the new order guide as well as the online build and price it appears navigation has gone exclusively to a subscription based service. Every '24 F-150 trim level now comes standard with a 12 inch screen and connected navigation with a one year trial included.

Unlike the 21-23's which had the option to purchase built in navigation or include it with a package that is not the case for the 24's. You have no choice anymore, you only get connected as standard equipment with a one year trial and after that it is only subscription based. I have this setup with my '22 and after my 90 day trial I had to pay $80 per year to have Ford navigation capability or it reverts to just a moving map. At this point you can not enter any destination waypoint and get guidance. The plus to this is my truck saved $800 by not having built in nav and with the subscription your maps are updated automatically.

If anybody sees it differently than this please chime in.
I have a 21' and will keep a long time. I have felt this subscription stuff is abusive. I use android auto and apple carplay and nav on on phone.

JExpedition07

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 STX 5.0L V8
The navigation ran out on my stx but you still have an interactive map, so if you have an idea where something is you can find your way to it like the old days with maps. It’s enough to keep you from getting lost, you can still find anything like highways etc if you do not have phone service and get lost. I didn’t bother paying the subscription, it still is interactive and can navigate you manually if an emergency situation requires it. Other than that, the phone was much better than connected navigation, and Siri tells me when a cop is shooting radar :ROFLMAO:

bfastr

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 King Ranch 5.0 V8
I think this is the new way of life. most all pay for Amazon prime, Costco. Netflix etc. Myself included, seems a new monthly fee of $5 here or $15 there.

I happen to like the built in Nav, or at least the option of using it. So guess I will have to see, but I will probably pay for it. Carplay does it all and arguably better, but I think the sync system suffers doing a wireless connect and I hate having to plug in the phone, means I have to dig it out of my pocket.

my opinion may change when my 3 years are up, I may trade in the truck by then, who knows.
but it doesn't shock me they are now only offering 1 year included.

oneinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Powerboost, 2022 Maverick Lariat Lux
To each their own. As much as I believe in this, and try as one might to explain, I'll never understand one paying Ford a subscription for navigation.

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales
To each their own. As much as I believe in this, and try as one might to explain, I'll never understand one paying Ford a subscription for navigation.
exactly, our phones have it...
Sponsored