• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

2024 Chevy Silverado EV

JediNut

First Name
Emmett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Ford F-150, '05 Harley Davidson Softail Deuce
Jerry Reynolds, from the CarPro USA radio show, posted an article about the Silverado EV.

https://www.carprousa.com/blog/2024-chevrolet-silverado-ev-400-mile-range

Being a geek, the most interesting line in the whole article was:

Chevrolet also says the Silverado will be the brand’s first application of Ultifi, a new Linux-based software platform.
I guess Chevy couldn't let Ford have the bigger screen, so they went 17":

A 17-inch- diagonal LCD freeform infotainment screen with 3D animation is paired with a neighboring 11-inch-diagonal driver instrument display.
Sponsored

two wheels

First Name
ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tundra, Ford Escape, Honda Accord
Those design lines look super similar to the new hummer. Looks like they borrowed quite a bit.

They're supposed to have like 350-400 range I think? So 105k for another 50-100 range... hmm I dunno if that is worth it.
Just to be clear. I don't think it's another 105K for 50-100 miles range. I think that Silverado is fully loaded. Very close to the Platinum. The Platinum is starting at over $90K. it has a range of slightly less than 300 miles. The Silverado EV is around $105 and has a range of around 400 miles. So it's really more like, another $15K for an extra 100 miles. Not another $105K for 50-100 miles. So is 100 miles worth another $15K ? I think that's very close to what Ford is charging for an extra 100 miles.

two wheels

First Name
ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tundra, Ford Escape, Honda Accord
I actually like it and it's a lot more of a creative design than the Lightning...and I'm a Ford lover.
Yeah, I think I'm good with it too. I'm willing to go either way. My problem is the time it's taking for someone to come out with it! Rivian is too small for my liking. I love the range on the Silverado. But For is taking too long to deliver, and Silverado is taking even longer! I may just have to continue with gas. That's the reality with me. I think both will be comparable. Issues and all!

GregBC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Element; 2010 Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Retired US Navy; currently DND
Yeah, I think I'm good with it too. I'm willing to go either way. My problem is the time it's taking for someone to come out with it! Rivian is too small for my liking. I love the range on the Silverado. But For is taking too long to deliver, and Silverado is taking even longer! I may just have to continue with gas. That's the reality with me. I think both will be comparable. Issues and all!
Yeah it’s interesting how even the big companies like Ford and GM are struggling to get EV lines up and running (trucks anyway; haven’t looked for news on cars/suv). Means the startup companies must be having an even harder time, given they almost definitely have less resources and influence for materials/supplies.

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
Yeah it’s interesting how even the big companies like Ford and GM are struggling to get EV lines up and running (trucks anyway; haven’t looked for news on cars/suv). Means the startup companies must be having an even harder time, given they almost definitely have less resources and influence for materials/supplies.
Aside from development and torture testing, I think that the current state of our supply chain due to COVID, the war in Ukraine and whatever else is going wrong in the world is the cause of such long lead times for the deployment of new EV models.
Sponsored

Last edited: