• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

2024 Chevy Silverado EV

techguydave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
IT
The battery platform is flexible, I wouldn't be surprised to see a base battery around 250, mid-tier with a little over 300 and mega range with 400. They are taking the 3-tier approach with the Hummer, too.
I thought I read somewhere that they were targeting no less than 300 miles going forward, but I can't find the quote anymore so maybe I dreamt it.
Sponsored

Sam James

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Lightning Lariat ER, 21 VW ID.4 Pro S RWD
Occupation
Accountant
I saw the ID4 at the auto show and was REALLY impressed. It felt really good, much better than the MME I saw there. I'm a Ford guy, but the MME had awful seat for me(I'm a big guy) and I felt really cramped inside...not comfortable at all.

Only thing that I'm wondering about is range. Seems a tad low at 240-250mi. I am also looking at Fisker, Ioniq5 and EV6.

If the VW had ~300mi range and the 800v charging I'd put in an order today. I liked the interior a lot and it felt great when I sat in it at the auto show.
I'm 6'4" and the space and seat was a huge motivator.

Range is merely okay. We've never had to charge between destinations, including one two-hours each way trip to get a Christmas tree from a particular farm. Didn't charge at all on that trip even though I sped with the tree on top. Still had plenty of range driving on Ozarks highways.

Charging time isn't bad as we've always been able to find a 125kw, but I can see how it would frustrate some. We have two young kids so 20-30 minute stops are the norm anyhow. I enjoy doing check-ins on Plugshare and looking for new charging locations, so its always just worked out. As long as we can put in 3-4 hours before a stop I'm happy.

Now, the range on the SR Lightning is another matter. I'm not keen on a $20k upcharge instead of $10k for an XLT ER. Converted our R1S reservation to a R1T because of it. May still get a Pro for the interim, but 230 seems low for a road trip truck. Even for one that will barely see any towing. Its enough to get to the state parks we like, but I just don't know...

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I saw the ID4 at the auto show and was REALLY impressed. It felt really good, much better than the MME I saw there. I'm a Ford guy, but the MME had awful seat for me(I'm a big guy) and I felt really cramped inside...not comfortable at all.

Only thing that I'm wondering about is range. Seems a tad low at 240-250mi. I am also looking at Fisker, Ioniq5 and EV6.

If the VW had ~300mi range and the 800v charging I'd put in an order today. I liked the interior a lot and it felt great when I sat in it at the auto show.
This is why it is always good to have options. I am a big guy myself, but find the Mach-e seats VERY comfortable. The ID.4 does nothing for me - generic blob with very finicky infotainment / climate controls

Sam James

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Lightning Lariat ER, 21 VW ID.4 Pro S RWD
Occupation
Accountant
This is why it is always good to have options. I am a big guy myself, but find the Mach-e seats VERY comfortable. The ID.4 does nothing for me - generic blob with very finicky infotainment / climate controls
I keep seeing complaints about that in reviews and have no idea what they're talking about. One button and we're on the climate menu. I've yet to see an animation of the ID.4 "driving around" like in one review I read today. Maybe we're just lucky?

That said I really wanted a Mach-E, but we weren't going to find one without ridiculous ADM before the tax year ended. Local VW dealer sold us ours straight off the truck at MSRP.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
To each his own, I sat in one at the auto show and couldn't get it comfortable for me no matter how I adjusted the seat. Biggest issue(for me) was the width, although headroom/legroom wasn't that great either. The ID4 was much better..felt at home very quickly. I'm 6ft 3, north of 300lbs.

It was kinda ironic because I'm a Ford guy, so I REALLY wanted to like the MME, but came away unimpressed by the MME--pleasantly surprised by the ID4. The range and charging speed are the only thing that has me waiting for a good look at the ioniq5//Ev6. I am going down to DC for the auto show in a couple weeks so hopefully I'll be able to see the Korean EVs in person.

(Please don't be cancelled)

Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager
To each his own, I sat in one at the auto show and couldn't get it comfortable for me no matter how I adjusted the seat. Biggest issue(for me) was the width, although headroom/legroom wasn't that great either. The ID4 was much better..felt at home very quickly. I'm 6ft 3, north of 300lbs.

It was kinda ironic because I'm a Ford guy, so I REALLY wanted to like the MME, but came away unimpressed by the MME--pleasantly surprised by the ID4. The range and charging speed are the only thing that has me waiting for a good look at the ioniq5//Ev6. I am going down to DC for the auto show in a couple weeks so hopefully I'll be able to see the Korean EVs in person.

(Please don't be cancelled)
Maybe it is a height thing. I am 5' 11" and was north of 300 a year ago (down to ~265 now - still working on it!).

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
Maybe it is a height thing. I am 5' 11" and was north of 300 a year ago (down to ~265 now - still working on it!).
Good for you!! Keep up the good work. Getting older and wider like so many others...covid not helping me move my weight in the right direction... Sigh.

Ps-- Called your stripes guy. Think it will be antimatter blue with a 80s white stripe down the side.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Good for you!! Keep up the good work. Getting older and wider like so many others...covid not helping me move my weight in the right direction... Sigh.

Ps-- Called your stripes guy. Think it will be antimatter blue with a 80s white stripe down the side.
Nice! We are going to be calling him soon as well to get some racing stripes on the wife's Mach-e GT.

two wheels

First Name
ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tundra, Ford Escape, Honda Accord
I wish they had more info on the Avalanche. I highly doubt you 'll have to pay $105K for the 400 mile range battery. That's probably comparable to the $92K Ford Platinum. So is 100 more miles worth $15K ? I don't know. In a way, we're being offered 70 miles for $19,5K when going from the XLT and the extended range battery? My enthusiasm is slowing down some as I realize, we know close to nothing about the Lightening! I know Joe Biden as driven it, but I just can't consider Joe's review as very informative. It's mainly the timeline that puts me off to the Chevy. I know I'm not waiting 2 years.

Sponsored

DadBald

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Honda Odyssey, 2013 Subaru Outback
Occupation
Energy Engineer
I wish they had more info on the Avalanche. I highly doubt you 'll have to pay $105K for the 400 mile range battery. That's probably comparable to the $92K Ford Platinum. So is 100 more miles worth $15K ? I don't know. In a way, we're being offered 70 miles for $19,5K when going from the XLT and the extended range battery? My enthusiasm is slowing down some as I realize, we know close to nothing about the Lightening! I know Joe Biden as driven it, but I just can't consider Joe's review as very informative. It's mainly the timeline that puts me off to the Chevy. I know I'm not waiting 2 years.
100 miles is worth an extra $15k if the whole package is under $65,000. Hoping it's an option and I don't need to cut everything else out to make it that price.

Rollingblock

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
97 f150, 01 F250, 2012 Mustang
100 miles is worth an extra $15k if the whole package is under $65,000. Hoping it's an option and I don't need to cut everything else out to make it that price.
Agreed, that's the dollar amount I'm looking for as well. In addition to the possibility of that range the charging rate is very attractive.

two wheels

First Name
ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tundra, Ford Escape, Honda Accord
That's true and I'd react the same. I doubt that'll happen if Chevrolet sees everyone going Lariat for the extended battery. Time will tell.

techguydave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
IT
Agreed on the interior. I'm not married to a traditional shifter so the extra space gained is a plus for me.

One thing I really love is that Chevy didn't go for a stupid vertical tablet like more and more EVs are gaining. That plus physical HVAC buttons alone are major wins in my book.

Sun Devil

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Ford Explorer, 2014 Honda Odyssey, 2007 Lexus
I agree that the interior of the Silverado EV is much better. I do wish it had the option for a 6th seat instead of the storage. But at least the storage makes more sense now that the gear shift is on the column. I'm sure many fleets will like the laptop fold out table in the F150L, but I don't need it. However, I do like the 7 gallon cooler space within reach of the driver for road trips.

As @techguydave said, the screen has a better lay out then the tablet look of the 15" screen of the F150L. I'm personally excited to have the heads up display in the Silverado EV too.

That said, if I can get a F150L Pro, I will.
Sponsored