• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

2024 Chevy Silverado EV

PCL

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Tucson, Ford Maverick on order
Imagine backing that into your garage every day so the cable reaches, Yikes.
My charging cable is pretty long, so I guess I wasn't even on the look-out for where the port was.
Sponsored

GOP.EV.Driver

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla (x2)/Audi
What do you mean "another regular one"? I reserved one a few minutes ago, and I had to select "Silverado EV WT or RST" or "Fleet".

I didn't see a choice for first edition or anything like that.
yes, as someone else mentioned, there was another option at the very start for "First Edition"...so I reserved that and the regular WT or RST one as well, each at different dealerships.

Lime Green

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-350, Expedition Max, Tesla...
I was all ready to reserve one until the moment came and thee were just too many strikes against it for me: Didnā€™t want to spend $105K on a first edition. Itā€™s 2+ years out, more like 3 years. I already have reservations for every other EV truck and this brings nothing truly new to the table. Itā€™s a re-buff of the Avalanche, of which I was never a fan. Not really a fan of GM anything, having owned many GM vehicles (mostly trucks) over the years. And the cherry on the sundae is that my preferred dealership was not selectable in any way. I know I can transfer, but what gives? And I already have a Hummer EV reservationā€¦. May as well just buy that fully loaded for $7K more.

Anyway, Iā€™m sitting this one out. Will proceed with my Lightning order, my R1T order and if Cybertruck can deliver the promised 500+ mile range and most of the other teased specs, Iā€™m there. My Hummer EV order? Mehā€¦ probably not.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
First edition was available for a bit but as I have no intention of spending that amount of money I reserved under the 'regular' one. I honestly prefer the design of the Ford but the Chevy charges a lot faster and hopefully will have better range. Hopefully they'll have price and trim information out by fall 22 but I doubt it. If Ford makes the ER available on the pro for 23 I'll probably order one, if not and I can get the Silverado with 300+ miles range and priced at $50k or less then I'll go that route. Unless someone has a 7 passenger bev that will tow at least 5k lbs priced between $40k and $50k by that time (looking at you explorer).

PCL

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Tucson, Ford Maverick on order
I can get over the looks given the superior numbers vs the Lightning elsewhere, but that payload capacity gives me pause...

Sponsored

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
I can get over the looks given the superior numbers vs the Lightning elsewhere, but that payload capacity gives me pause...
Agreed. 10,000 pounds of towing capacity is useless when your payload capacity is 1,200 pounds.

Royalist

First Name
Nabil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Land Rover Defender 90 S
Occupation
Student (Aviation Management and Operations) / Farm Manager
We've just launched SilveradoEVolution.com! ?

We extend a warm welcome to join us to discuss the newest EV pickup competition, or even just to lurk and read. ?
Iā€™m good, I got my Lightning coming in next week. Managed to nab a Limited Edition Yellow. You guys not get yours yet?

Ford F-150 Lightning 2024 Chevy Silverado EV 431DAAC0-0B7F-4DB4-9479-5496A6ADDF76

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
Isn't that around average for full size trucks?
Depends on the trim but it's usually significantly more than that. Our Ram 1500 Limited has around 1,700 pounds of payload capacity and that's on the low end for that model.

Tongue weight should be around 10-15% of the trailer weight. You won't have any margin for passengers or additional cargo if you're trying to safely tow a 10,000 pound trailer with a truck limited to 1,200 pounds of payload.

Sponsored

Sundancer330

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT, FX4, Velocity Blue
I see these trucks almost everyday for months now as I live near the GM Proving Grounds. They usually travel with the Hummer EV and Hummer EV SUV, and all three are UGLY, old styling typical of GM. The Hummer SUV looks like a Toyota FJ on steroids, to me they have struck out on all three from a design standpoint. The interiors are blah, even a Ram looks nicer

Sundancer330

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT, FX4, Velocity Blue
Reserved anyways, just because.

But,yeah,2024 is a bit of a ways away :)

And no information on what $40K gets you, but in 2024 the battery landscape will be cheaper and more readably available. So, it will certainly be 300+ miles.
There is a new battery startup company in the Detroit area. They just ran a test on the newest tech and drove Tesla Model S 752 miles of freeway driving on one charge, the stock battery allows just under 400. https://www.freep.com/story/money/b...-s-our-next-energy-gemini-battery/9101549002/

Mr DJ

First Name
Mr DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
F-Type R; Corvette GS; F-Pace; Rav4; Seltos
Occupation
Retired Air Force
I was always going with the F-150 Platinum but switching to the Silverado First Edition RST. I do want the Power Deployable Running Boards, the Power-Up Tailgate, and the Power Sliding Rear Window of the Platinum; donā€™t think the first two are offered on the RST but they have plenty of time to add them and if not, Iā€™ll live.

Currently own:

ā€™21 Jaguar F-Type R - wife drives twice a week/currently stored for winter
ā€™21 Kia Seltos SUV - son semi-drives
ā€™20 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid Limited SUV - daughter drives
ā€™19 C7 Corvette Grand Sport - I drive twice a month/currently stored for winter
ā€™17 Jaguar F-Pace D SUV - wifeā€™s daily driver
ā€™12 Suzuki SX4 SUV - my daily driver

Eventually adding:

ā€˜23/4 C8 Corvette E-Ray AWD Hybrid - Reserved
ā€˜23/4 Silverado EV FE RST - Reserved
ā€˜25/6 C8 Corvette ZR1
ā€˜25/6 Jaguar F-Pace SVR SUV
ā€˜29/30 C9 Corvette EV

Iā€™m an Old Man; no time to waste!

If interested, top six vehicles; eventually the bottom five, checkout YT Channel: Cat N Mr DJ (zero income made)ā€¦

I was completely sold on the Platinum but the Infotainment System in the RST is designed similar to that in the C8 Corvette which I likeā€¦ Also like the 2ā€ Air Suspension, the 24ā€ wheels although 18s would increase the range by about 100 miles, the Multifunctional Tailgate, the front Facia/Grill, pretty much everything. Not concerned with payload; I have nothing to haul around anyways but itā€™s better to have and donā€™t need than to need and donā€™t haveā€”works well for me.

Txm

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 F150, 22 F150 501 on order.
Occupation
Paramedic
I was always going with the F-150 Platinum but switching to the Silverado First Edition RST. I do want the Power Deployable Running Boards, the Power-Up Tailgate, and the Power Sliding Rear Window of the Platinum; donā€™t think the first two are offered on the RST but they have plenty of time to add them and if not, Iā€™ll live.

Currently own:

ā€™21 Jaguar F-Type R - wife drives twice a week/currently stored for winter
ā€™21 Kia Seltos SUV - son semi-drives
ā€™20 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid Limited SUV - daughter drives
ā€™19 C7 Corvette Grand Sport - I drive twice a month/currently stored for winter
ā€™17 Jaguar F-Pace D SUV - wifeā€™s daily driver
ā€™12 Suzuki SX4 SUV - my daily driver

Eventually adding:

ā€˜23/4 C8 Corvette E-Ray AWD Hybrid - Reserved
ā€˜23/4 Silverado EV FE RST - Reserved
ā€˜25/6 C8 Corvette ZR1
ā€˜25/6 Jaguar F-Pace SVR SUV
ā€˜29/30 C9 Corvette EV

Iā€™m an Old Man; no time to waste!

If interested, top six vehicles; eventually the bottom five, checkout YT Channel: Cat N Mr DJ (zero income made)ā€¦

I was completely sold on the Platinum but the Infotainment System in the RST is designed similar to that in the C8 Corvette which I likeā€¦ Also like the 2ā€ Air Suspension, the 24ā€ wheels although 18s would increase the range by about 100 miles, the Multifunctional Tailgate, the front Facia/Grill, pretty much everything. Not concerned with payload; I have nothing to haul around anyways but itā€™s better to have and donā€™t need than to need and donā€™t haveā€”works well for me.
Thatā€™s one hell of a stable that youā€™re building.
Sponsored