• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

2024 Chevy Silverado EV

Royalist

First Name
Nabil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Land Rover Defender 90 S
Occupation
Student (Aviation Management and Operations) / Farm Manager
Sorry, that last post was made in errorā€¦THIS is the Silverado I just reserved!

Ford F-150 Lightning 2024 Chevy Silverado EV C1CC8669-177F-42BE-AFAC-45624E07158D

Txm

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 F150, 22 F150 501 on order.
Occupation
Paramedic
I reserved at 12:02. I also have a Lightning reservation that I placed in October and a Lariat PB on the way somewhere between Detroit and Houston that will hold me over for a few years.

I think GM has the whole EV thing better figured out than Ford. The Silverado EV seems like it was designed from top to bottom for an electric platform. I feel like Ford threw the lightning together to be the first of the big 3 to market. Iā€™m also hopeful that GM will have something around the 60k mark.

Ford lost me with the 75k XLT or 80K Lariat just for 300 miles of range. Iā€™m hoping GM can offer what Ford either canā€™t or wonā€™t. At the end of the day, Iā€™ll at least have a nice Powerboost to keep driving if the Silverado doesnā€™t work out, either.

Edit: my selected dealer that is north of Houston has called me twice. As to be expected, theyā€™re as clueless as the rest of us. He initially told me that reservations werenā€™t available, had to tell him that they were opened by GM at noon cst. He called back the second time to just confirm my info and informed me that they have a list of reservations. He let me know that I was at the top when I asked about reservations being time stamped.

Royalist

First Name
Nabil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Land Rover Defender 90 S
Occupation
Student (Aviation Management and Operations) / Farm Manager
Also decided to purchase a Silverado HD and Ford Raptor. So excited ā˜ŗ

Ford F-150 Lightning 2024 Chevy Silverado EV 16DC44F9-BF99-4B1E-88D5-9B791155800D
Ford F-150 Lightning 2024 Chevy Silverado EV B3C6E4B1-50AA-4F81-9CDB-61AD2773603B

audiomikej

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 RAM 1500, MB W221, C5 Camaro, Prius V, 300C
Occupation
Manufacturing Engineer
Range and versatility: Silverado wins by 2 points
Looks and price: Lightning wins by 100 points.
The Chevy just looks bad and I like the look of the Cybertruck.
I have a $100 on all three, whoever takes my order first wins the first sale, then a couple years after that will switch again. I love free market competition! Lets hope the lawmakers and unions don't f*ck up it anymore than it already is #ChickenTax

Sponsored

Mr. Flibble

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Delica L400, Kia Soul EV, Jeep Diesel
Occupation
Computer Nerd
I see two things that are more compelling on the Silverado:
  1. 800v batteries for faster charging
  2. 400 Mile range battery
And thatā€™s about it. It looks awful. But, competition is good! In fact, one of the disappointments with the Lightning is that the battery isnā€™t 800v for charging - but thats probably because they wanted to be first to market.

The other thing that I would have very much like to have seen (but a large Frunk probably prevents this) is that it seems that both vehicles use resistance based heating instead of a heat-pump. A heat pump is preferable as it can both help cool/heat the battery, and increase your driving range.

Jer1983

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord
Occupation
Electrician
Range and versatility: Silverado wins by 2 points
Looks and price: Lightning wins by 100 points.
The Chevy just looks bad and I like the look of the Cybertruck.
I have a $100 on all three, whoever takes my order first wins the first sale, then a couple years after that will switch again. I love free market competition! Lets hope the lawmakers and unions don't f*ck up it anymore than it already is #ChickenTax
Hey Iā€™m sure if Tesla ever figures out what they want to do, Elon can send out an inspirational email and a snarky tweet. Everyone will then gleefully work 7/10s to pump out some cyber trucks.

Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER - 21 Mach-E Prem AWD/ER
I don't like the power charge port is on the rear.

Truck also looks small
Imagine backing that into your garage every day so the cable reaches, Yikes.

guppydriver

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Tundra
Eh, I reserved a First Edition & another regular one. I think the truck is super ugly but just in case.
What do you mean "another regular one"? I reserved one a few minutes ago, and I had to select "Silverado EV WT or RST" or "Fleet".

I didn't see a choice for first edition or anything like that.

techguydave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
IT
What do you mean "another regular one"? I reserved one a few minutes ago, and I had to select "Silverado EV WT or RST" or "Fleet".

First Edition was an option for like the first 3 minutes after opening and then they were gone.

Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager

First edition sold out in about 30 Seconds. Regular means the choice you had

Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
If the lightning didn't exist, I would certainly get it - I'll say that much. Or if the lightning's range turns out worse than their figures.. I would consider trading up. at that time.