Sponsored

2024 Black Appearance Package

GM90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150
Has anyone received their truck with a Black appearance package? specifically Lariat? My dealer told me and few people mentioned here, that Ford is having trouble with Black Appearance package.

I was only able to find one youtube review of a Lariat with BAP. I ordered my truck in November 2023, It finally moved into "In Production" on April 9th and its still "in production"

I saw screenshots of timeline people posted where their truck was only in the build stage for 2-3 days, but seems to be taking forever. I wait almost 5 months, I'm sure I can wait one more, but its so close I can picture it in my driveway.
Sponsored

TheDIG

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Ford F150 Lariat
I got my 24 Lariat 5.0L with the BAP. Ordered 12/27, Scheduled 3/4, In Production 3/11, Built 3/13, Shipped 3/15, Arrived 3/27. I picked it up on 4/5 from Granger. They said I was one of the first BAP deliveries they had. I had the BAP, BUP, moonroof, and the spray in bed liner.

bolts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The 4 wheel kind
My Lariat 3.5 Eco w/ BAP order went into production last week with a 4/18 blend date. Ordered in October. Spray-in liner should be the only pending item in mine.

OP
OP

GM90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150
My Lariat 3.5 Eco w/ BAP order went into production last week with a 4/18 blend date. Ordered in October. Spray-in liner should be the only pending item in mine.
my dealer called me to remove the spray in bed liner back in December. He said it could be one of the reason why ford hasn't picked up my order. So I took it off, and will have the dealer do it locally.

fmdog44

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150 XL
Occupation
Retired
Seems every vehicle everywhere is blacked out. Why be like everyone else?

Sponsored

Womps

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F150 King Ranch and 2022 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Retired
Ford no longer offers the sport appearance package for 24. The only way to avoid chrome bumpers is to order the bap. The only thing I like about the bap is the dual exhaust. But then I’m old!!

fatBatman

First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 King Ranch
If your dealer can do your sprayed in bed liner for the same price or cheaper than Ford, then I'd have them do it. If not, just have Ford spray it in and save money. Below is my order tracker and my blend date was March 13th. By March 17th, my truck was finished being assembled and taken off-site to spray in the bed liner. Considering your truck still doesn't see daylight and leave the assembly line floor for at least another day after your blend date, I'd say having Ford spray in your bed liner isn't too much of a delay.
Dealers will often tell their customers this lie in order to make more money. Again, if your dealership costs the same or less than Ford, then do it otherwise, you're wasting money. Here in the DFW area, local dealers charge $700. I don't know what truck accessory shops charge so I just had Ford do mine.

Ford F-150 2024 Black Appearance Package Final

fordhouston

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 LARIAT 501A FX4 V8
Ford no longer offers the sport appearance package for 24. The only way to avoid chrome bumpers is to order the bap. The only thing I like about the bap is the dual exhaust. But then I’m old!!
are you sure they don’t offer the sport appearance package anymore? 🤔🤔

OP
OP

GM90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150
If your dealer can do your sprayed in bed liner for the same price or cheaper than Ford, then I'd have them do it. If not, just have Ford spray it in and save money. Below is my order tracker and my blend date was March 13th. By March 17th, my truck was finished being assembled and taken off-site to spray in the bed liner. Considering your truck still doesn't see daylight and leave the assembly line floor for at least another day after your blend date, I'd say having Ford spray in your bed liner isn't too much of a delay.
Dealers will often tell their customers this lie in order to make more money. Again, if your dealership costs the same or less than Ford, then do it otherwise, you're wasting money. Here in the DFW area, local dealers charge $700. I don't know what truck accessory shops charge so I just had Ford do mine.

Final.jpg
Thanks for the info. One question, was your tracker being updated pretty frequently? or was it like all of a sudden, you had progressed through a few steps in the timeline?

My last update was on April 9th, the day it went into production. So I don't know, maybe next time it updates, it'll just say shipped or something. or it is actually being delayed.

And the dealer said he wont charge extra for spray liner, just whatever ford was charging.

Sponsored

OP
OP

GM90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150
I added the vin to my fordpass app, and it says the vehicle has no connectivity. I'm wondering if I'm able to track the truck on the app, once its commissioned.

I do remember in the past, I had to follow to the prompts on the screen to confirm to add truck to my fordpass app.

This time, it didn't ask for any of it, it just said "congrats, the vehicle has been added to your account."

WestTex277

First Name
Rhett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Recon
Occupation
Oilfield
Lariat powerboost with BAP received this past Thursday.
ordered 9/22/23
Production 2/1/24
Built 3/31/24
Delivered 4/18/24

So you aren’t the only one who’s been waiting a long time! I bet you get it soon.

WestTex277

First Name
Rhett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Recon
Occupation
Oilfield
Also my dealer did the spray in liner to save time. And I couldn’t connect FordPass until it got to the dealership. But some others on here were able to connect while it was still at Dearborn.

fatBatman

First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 King Ranch
Thanks for the info. One question, was your tracker being updated pretty frequently? or was it like all of a sudden, you had progressed through a few steps in the timeline?

My last update was on April 9th, the day it went into production. So I don't know, maybe next time it updates, it'll just say shipped or something. or it is actually being delayed.

And the dealer said he wont charge extra for spray liner, just whatever ford was charging.
My tracker stayed true throughout the process and I checked it frequently for updates. All of my dates lined up with what I was told from Ford. You may also try to contact Ford using their chat service and find out where your truck is. Many people have done that and it has been pretty useful. Since you're in Canada, I don't know if that delays anything or not.

Normally, you go "in production" a week before your blend date. This would mean that your blend date (where your truck's body was mated to the frame on the assembly line) was sometime this past week. With normal production times, a truck leaves the factory and sees daylight for the first time in about 1.5 days after it's blend date. Without a bed liner or any other items that need to be installed separately than what is done on the factory floor, I'd say your tracker should update sometime this coming week and say "built". Don't hold me to that though, that's just my uneducated guess...your results may vary. Regardless, depending on where you are in Canada and all things go well, I'd say you will see your new truck sometime early to mid May.