2023 XL SuperCrew, Phantom TPMS fault, no Ford Pass, and no Navigation

MikeyDog

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT500 F150
Pickup up Truck 12/29 and had no problems until last week. First the TPMS fault and later that day no Ford Pass or Navigation. I've read that unplugging the TCU may be a remedy, but is there something easier like removing a particular fuse? Also, Is there a way to lower the large section of the rear seat like the smaller section so the panel doesn't have to be mangled to access the TCU? I must say I'm a little disappointed.
Sponsored

Pete6114

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150, 2023 Lincoln Aviator
Occupation
Retired Ford employee
Yes, disappointed as well. Other than that, take it to the dealer. Used to get black screens and plenty other things happening that would make you regret buying this turd.
Had the APIM replaced which took care of the black screens, at least so far. Still have no interior lights and the power tailgate is manual a lot.
Lots of luck

OP
OP

MikeyDog

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT500 F150
Got in my truck this morning and TPMS fault gone, Nav working, and Ford Pass working. I guess it must have updated somehow.

bfastr

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 King Ranch 5.0 V8
Got in my truck this morning and TPMS fault gone, Nav working, and Ford Pass working. I guess it must have updated somehow.
sorry I just stumbled on this. Ford Pass is wonky. mine quit two days after buying the truck. tried pulling wires off the TCU, then fuse 8/9 which may or may not be the TCU power. reset everything a dozen times. I didnt have any wireless connectivity in the truck.

Then I put the truck on a battery tender and next day. modem is up, wifi working etc. cant say for sure if was a low voltage situation, but I am inclined to think so. however today, ford pass hasnt updated in 16 hours it says. who the heck knows. at least I believe all the devices are working and its just typical internet connection problems.

as for the larger back seat recline. go look at Builtright industries, they have a latch contraption that solves the problem. works like a champ. they have a video on installation thats important to watch. it also tells you how to unlatch the seat with a box end wrench.
Sponsored