First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Platinum 4x4 Powerboost
Occupation
RETIRED
So did this problem just stop or did everyone stop talking about it?
Sponsored

jerryllah

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
RETIRED
No, this problem is still alive and kicking.
Mine did it that one time. I ordered one of the battery monitors and I check it every morning. Yesterday the monitor told me twice the battery was low. Put it on the charger overnight and it will be good for a couple more weeks. I had a Mercedes that I did not drive much. About once a month it would send me a message that the battery needs to be charged. Would be bice if this high tech truck would do that. When I bought a new C7 corvette it came with a trickle charger and a plug in the rear of car to plug it in. Owners manual said if you are not going to drive it keep it plugged in to avoid a dead battery. Ford needs to admit they have a problem and make Ford pass warn us to charge the battery.

westbayou

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Platinum
Man I've hesitated to reply over the paranoia of "making it real again."

My truck nuked the transmission at 437 miles, had it replaced. Two weeks or so later I got the "stop safely now" message twice within 4-days. First time the truck started using the Ford Pass app when nothing else worked. The 2nd time nothing would work, I walked like 50 feet away and then realized I should video the truck doing this for the dealer. Got back in and I got a video of the truck starting normally.

So....... I read and read and read everything I could find on this error. Common theme: check the fusebox under the hood for loose fuses and relays. Yup, 80% of the fuses were not fully seated properly, but most noticeably the relay closest to the front of the truck was in there wonky and clicked in nicely when I pushed on it. 6 weeks and 2500+ miles later it hasn't happened again. Results may vary but its worth checking rather than letting your truck sit at a dealer or worse, getting rid of what may be a perfectly good truck.

jamo13

First Name
Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat PB
Same here…Have had no “no start” issues since I reseated all the fuses & relays that were loose in the engine compartment fusebox after the first occurrence. Just did my first “self service” oil change at 3K mi. Ever since that initial scare and discovery, the truck has been behaving / driving great and seems to be meeting / exceeding Ford’s MPG claims. Still learning what this bad boy can do.

Hoping all others get a quick resolution to whatever issues they may be having with this starting condition as I feel my discovered fix may not be the “end all.” But, as other’s have mentioned, it might prevent a long stay and a lot of head scratching at the service shop.

Sponsored

jerryllah

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
RETIRED
Look at these pictures. does anyone else have this. The orange cable is resting in the shock tower. If this high voltage cable i would think this is unsafe.

Ford F-150 2023 Powerboost “stop safely now” no start IMG_0105

Ford F-150 2023 Powerboost “stop safely now” no start IMG_0104

turbopilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Powerboost
My turn.

2023 Platinum PowerBoost. 5/6/23 build date. 2,710 miles.

I'm 2,000 miles into a road trip pulling a 25' Airstream trailer with my new PowerBoost. Truck has been used every day with 12 volt battery at or above 90% SOC every night.

I was working around the the truck a few mornings ago before starting it while hooking up the Air Stream. I tried to start the PB and got my first "Stop Safely Now" message. The truck was frozen after the message. There was no way to shut it down. Hitting the start button did nothing. Both screens stayed on when shutting the door. I tried to do a remote start with Ford Pass and got an error message.

Here is the OBDLink screen when the event started.

Ford F-150 2023 Powerboost “stop safely now” no start IMG_7949

Note 100% SOC on the 12 volt battery with only a reading of 12.2 volts which makes no sense. 12 volt battery was discharging at -21 amps.

I shut the doors and left the truck alone for 5 minutes. Nothing changed.

Next I disconnected the negative lead on the back up battery, then the negative lead on the main 12 volt battery. The truck then shut down.

I waited another 5 minutes then connected the negative lead on the main 12 volt battery followed by the negative lead on the back up 12 volt battery.

The PB woke up and started normally without a MIL light or any codes.

Here are the codes thrown during the event.

Ford F-150 2023 Powerboost “stop safely now” no start IMG_7950

The truck has operated normally the last two days.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Gotta be software. At least for some percentage of these trucks exhibiting the random anomaly and then it vanishing.

My truck is now 15 months old and only suffered the issue once. Except it was running when it alerted me to "Stop Safely Now"

turbopilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Powerboost
Gotta be software. At least for some percentage of these trucks exhibiting the random anomaly and then it vanishing.

My truck is now 15 months old and only suffered the issue once. Except it was running when it alerted me to "Stop Safely Now"
What I did not realize is the "Stop Safely Now" alert is generic and not specific to any specific code, condition or failure. I agree the 2023 "Stop Safely Now" associated with starting the engine is most likely a start up condition check that is failing. Of interest many reported, like mine happened after a few thousand miles on the truck. This is the first time my truck has had a full power reset since production.

One more hint in my event. Exactly at the same time I pushed the start button and got the "Stop Safely Now" alert, I also received an FordPass "Remote features disabled" message. That message combined with a 12 volt battery at 100% SOC and a voltage of 12.2, suggests to me the problem might be a timing issue in the start process where the main 12 volt battery is disconnected from the 12 volt system while turning over the motor.

Last edited:

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
My turn.

I'm 2,000 miles into a road trip pulling a 25' Airstream trailer with my new PowerBoost. Truck has been used every day with 12 volt battery at or above 90% SOC every night.

I was working around the the truck a few mornings ago before starting it while hooking up the Air Stream. I tried to start the PB and got my first "Stop Safely Now" message. The truck was frozen after the message. There was no way to shut it down. Hitting the start button did nothing. Both screens stayed on when shutting the door. I tried to do a remote start with Ford Pass and got an error message.

IMG_7949.jpg

Note 100% SOC on the 12 volt battery with only a reading of 12.2 volts which makes no sense. 12 volt battery was discharging at -21 amps.

Next I disconnected the negative lead on the back up battery, then the negative lead on the main 12 volt battery. The truck then shut down.

I waited another 5 minutes then connected the negative lead on the main 12 volt battery followed by the negative lead on the back up 12 volt battery.

IMG_7950.jpg

Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your F-150 concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.

Sponsored

jerryllah

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
RETIRED
My turn.

IMG_7949.jpg

IMG_7950.jpg

I can’t get the oblink to work with my 23. Oblink told me they do not have the information for 23. So how you doing it.

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 307a PB, Mach E GTPE
I can’t get the oblink to work with my 23. Oblink told me they do not have the information for 23. So how you doing it.
you could select 22 or 21 just fine ;)

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Yea, just lie to the app.
The PID equations and addresses didn't change

jerryllah

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
RETIRED
Yea, just lie to the app.
The PID equations and addresses didn't change
I selected the vin from my 21 and all the PIDS are there and built screens with them. Battery my main concern. The gauges don't have any data in them.

REDSTAR7

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 PowerBoost Platinum
Occupation
Project Manager
My turn.
Had the 'Stop Safely Now' message this weekend. I left my 23 Powerboost Platinum sit outside over night in the fog. I assumed that the issue was condensation related, but after reading this thread, I'm not so sure. I let the fog clear, and let the truck set all afternoon after the sun came out and dried everything out, and it started right up. I drove it to the local dealer, and unfortunately they refused to do anything about it. I guess I have to expect to be randomly stranded??

U0293 and P1A43 'Pending' codes on the ODBC reader:
Ford F-150 2023 Powerboost “stop safely now” no start 1691001619060
Sponsored