First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 PB XLT 7.2 Avalanche
Occupation
Electrician
Update on my situation- I took my truck in to my local dealer this morning, they tried to update the module 3 times, the update failed all 3 times. They told me they need to order a new module, it will be 1 - 2 weeks. I brought the truck home this afternoon.

I was irritated that they wouldn't give me a loaner. Hundreds of vehicles sitting on the lot and they won't let me borrow one for one day so I can go to work... I will remember that poor treatment when I am ready to buy another truck.
Sponsored

marekjk

First Name
Marek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23’ F150 Powerboost Lariat
Update on my situation- I took my truck in to my local dealer this morning, they tried to update the module 3 times, the update failed all 3 times. They told me they need to order a new module, it will be 1 - 2 weeks. I brought the truck home this afternoon.

I was irritated that they wouldn't give me a loaner. Hundreds of vehicles sitting on the lot and they won't let me borrow one for one day so I can go to work... I will remember that poor treatment when I am ready to buy another truck.
That’s unfortunate.

I myself had an appointment today to have my module updated, oil changed “the works”, and harness recall addressed. I made my appointment back on Oct 5th and was told that they would have it taken care of by the end of the next day.

I verified with the person I made the appointment with that I can drop the car off on Friday and they would have it ready by the end of the day Saturday.

I go to drop it off, my adviser is on break so I talk to another dude. He proceeds to tell me that there’s no way they can update software over the weekend and they would have never told me that it would be ready the next day. The advisor said that “just to run a diagnostic takes 5 hours”, not even factoring the gateway module update itself.

Then my advisor came back from lunch and echoed what the first dude said.

They blamed it on the “call center” and made me feel like a moron.

I rearranged my day. Left work early so I can drop the truck off. My wife has to leave work early as well to pick me up before the kids get out of school. I rearranged my day and my wife and I drove all over the Dallas Fort Worth metroplex only to be turned away.

I asked for a loaner so I can just leave the truck, they said I can get on a waitlist for a loaner and they will call me with no estimate as to how long that would take.

I ended up leaving pissed off. Decided to just leave as I felt myself losing my cool. My name was placed on the “call list”.

Once I chilled out, I called asking to speak to the service manager. He called me back and said that the update should be done in a reasonable amount of time and he doesn’t know why the advisors didn’t just pull the codes online and just read the TSB on this matter.

He asked me to drop the car off first thing tomorrow.

Let’s see what happens.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
5 hours of diagnostics = 2 minutes to plug into the OBD port and run the scan.
Then EVERY update available for your truck is listed for the technician to just choose one and click "download", then "run".

I swear they just make stuff up out of thin air.

Sparkyboy

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 PB XLT 7.2 Avalanche
Occupation
Electrician
I rearranged my day. Left work early so I can drop the truck off. My wife has to leave work early as well to pick me up before the kids get out of school. I rearranged my day and my wife and I drove all over the Dallas Fort Worth metroplex only to be turned away.

I asked for a loaner so I can just leave the truck, they said I can get on a waitlist for a loaner and they will call me with no estimate as to how long that would take.

I ended up leaving pissed off. Decided to just leave as I felt myself losing my cool. My name was placed on the “call list”.
I hear you. When I was talking to my service advisor I felt the same way. They made me feel like I was stupid for even being there. Maybe I was stupid... for buying a Ford. Time will tell I guess.

It sucks to feel this way because I was really excited about my truck. I showed it off to all my coworkers when I got it and they kind of ribbed me for buying a Ford. Then they see me pull into work in my wife's car because my brand new truck is already in the shop and the dealer didn't even have the decency to give me a loaner. It is embarrassing. I had to listen to several "I told you so"s yesterday and it was not pleasant. Not the way you want to feel after buying a brand new vehicle.

marekjk

First Name
Marek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Took my truck to the dealer for service today. Service advisors never called me to tell me that they couldn’t get to everything…. I had to spend 23 minutes of repeated calling before I got a human in the phone.

My main goal was to get the Stop Safely Now patch done…. They got this take care of so I took the truck back and they will call me when they have a loaner for my other issue.

I was a few miles away when I got a message on the information cluster in orange. Car made an alert sound too. It blinked 2 times so quickly that I couldn’t see it. When I got home I pulled the codes. Don’t know what they mean.
I hope they didn’t fix one thing and break another.
Here’s what I pulled.

Ford F-150 2023 Powerboost “stop safely now” no start IMG_0569

Sponsored

turbopilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Powerboost
My main goal was to get the Stop Safely Now patch done…. They got this take care of so I took the truck back and they will call me when they have a loaner for my other issue.
Based on all the posts on this subject, I doubt you have the "Classic" 2023 PB SSN problem, so the patch may do nothing. These are the codes associated with the common problem as documented in the Ford SSM 51822 message.

Ford F-150 2023 Powerboost “stop safely now” no start stopsafely

marekjk

First Name
Marek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Based on all the posts on this subject, I doubt you have the "Classic" 2023 PB SSN problem, so the patch may do nothing. These are the codes associated with the common problem as documented in the Ford SSM 51822 message.

stopsafely.jpg
I did have U0293 and P1A43. Those are now gone after the patch, and now I have the above codes in my post. Those are new as of my drive home from the dealer.

turbopilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Powerboost
I did have U0293 and P1A43. Those are now gone after the patch, and now I have the above codes in my post. Those are new as of my drive home from the dealer.
Ok, I see that. I would also be worried about a MIF (maintenance induced failure).

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Took my truck to the dealer for service today. Service advisors never called me to tell me that they couldn’t get to everything…. I had to spend 23 minutes of repeated calling before I got a human in the phone.

I was a few miles away when I got a message on the information cluster in orange. Car made an alert sound too. It blinked 2 times so quickly that I couldn’t see it. When I got home I pulled the codes. Don’t know what they mean.
I hope they didn’t fix one thing and break another.
Here’s what I pulled.

IMG_0569.png
Hi there, Marek. These code concerns doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your F-150 truck. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? To send a private message, just click on our username and select "Start Conversation". I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.

F150tripin

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Merc C240 Wagon - 2023 F-150 Lariat 3.5 PB
Occupation
InfoTech IP Networking/Routing/Security
Like the abbreviation, SSN! Like many here I've had this occur four times since January. My local Service Advisor called and informed me that Ford has a fix, to bring it in. Fingers Crossed.
Lariat was in for the specific SSN recall yesterday. Computer techs performed the microcode updates per the bulletin. More than one module was flashed/updated.

Also received power up 6.1.0 while it was in the shop.

Time will tell if this software fix addressed the fault. I'll post here if SSN re-occurs

Sponsored

F350-6

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F350 Powerstroke, 2023 F150 Powerboost
Dealer finally got my modules updated, but had difficulty getting one to update properly so they decided to replace it. Took 3 days to get the new one in. I've had it back since Monday with no issues so far. It was the gateway module that they replaced.

jamo13

First Name
Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat PB
Just got my 23' Lariat PB back from service shop. Last week I started getting an annoying "charging system service soon" message every time I started truck and occasionally while driving. This was the only issue I have had with the truck since purchase outside of the onetime SSN message I got shortly after taking delivery that seemed to be resolved from resetting loose fuses and relays. I took the opportunity to ask them to look into the SSN, B&O sound system static noise issue (I believe I had this ear piercing thing occur once), update SYNC and other software as I have never seen an OTA update happen so I didn't know what current versions I had if any.

They applied the TSB for the Charging System message (code B11D9 present - reset BMS sensor after 12v and Aux batteries tested good), SSN (no codes / performed TSB 23-2317 fix), Static Noise (no codes / updated DSP) and preformed the APIM guided routine for the SYNC system that told them my APIM needed updating. They assured me that everything was up-to-date now but, unfortunately the service advisor nor tech could tell me what version of the Power-Up I now had (tech and their update tools talk a different machine language).

So far, no issues. Hopefully, I didn't screw things up with getting the SSN fix. As I mentioned before, for me that seemed to be fuse/relay related. The charging system message started the last time I had a low battery and decided to hook my NOCO charger to it so that may have triggered the message. It seems I don't drive it long enough to make the BMS happy so I decided to go for the SSN fix as proactive measure. I'm hoping the charging algorithms have improved.

Last edited:

Capt JT

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Powerboost Platinum (Blackout)
Had the 23-2317 TSB completed on my truck last week along with the 5k service. I only had the SSN error twice, but both times were at a pretty inconvenient time so I hope this cures it. I'll attach the section from the work order on it and maybe someone smarter than me can comment about the CAN software update that was needed. I thought only the GWM was to be updated but looks like also the APIM and TCU. Not sure what those modules are for.

Has anyone looked at the charging voltage to the engine battery with blower speeds below 5 now with this TSB done? I've not read if anyone has found any updated data.

Ford F-150 2023 Powerboost “stop safely now” no start Screenshot 2023-10-30 at 10.13.23 AM

Tylerhu

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 PB XLT
Took my 23 PB with 8k miles that had has a few issues with the SSN message to the dealer. Ive been following this for a while and was happy to hear Ford had a solution. Just got a call from the dealership that my car was ready to get picked up. They didn’t find any codes(for second time.) the dealership told me that they can’t fix anything or do anything to it without any throne codes. Anyone else get denied from their dealership and how to get it fixed? The dealership gave me Ford customer service # to call. Any other suggestions?

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
What?
Dealerships have gone off the deep end.

There's nothing that would stop me from applying the software update on your truck. I mean they kept the truck. Took possession of it!

Parked it in the bay and connected the OBD tool to it.

Literally a couple of mouse clicks away from applying it. It wouldn't cost them anything beyond what they already did.

Insanity
Sponsored