2023 Platinum Cruise Control resume

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Honestly, I think Ford gives a considerable number of options for every owner to decide what/how they want their truck to behave.
Some like more automation, some less.
The problem is that the latest and greatest are so feature packed that the owners manual is now 750 pages!
Get one of these dolled up enough and it can take weeks/months and thousands of miles just to bump into everything at least once.
Sponsored

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
Yahoooooo. Thank you men and women so much. I found the features and cruise control setting, disabled the sign recognition, and wa-la, I was able to set my cruise and disengage, reengabe and return to my set speed. It's a shame that the people that design this stuff thinks we can't think for ourselves. If I want to go faster, let me choose, not just assume that I want to go over the posted speed limit. Again, thank you all so much. I'm sure I'll be back with more question to this technology with wheels.
Oh, it gets worse with updates. Some of the FDRS updates instruct the person doing them to discard certain ownership addendum notifications and include others. Um, what?

That's really the problem. If they realize it or not they're a technology company that's really desperately trying to not do what a tech company needs to. Their features and options be it in physical what's on the truck form, or options in software, they're both very poor. It's like they're a 30yr old adult not wanting to take responsibility for everything, while putting forward the look that they're 'trying'. This is a massive company that's got a presence in nearly every market you'd want presence in.

The sink or swim moment may have already passed and we're just watching a century of momentum wind down. Their numbers for last year were bad, but they're going to look great compared to this one. Tesla's price drops were the right move at the right time, just not for Ford. Cyber truck is fugly, but its sales numbers might just do more than make ford jealous, it may end them entirely to the point where they're liquidated for brand recognition for pennies on the dollar.

The mach-e pulled in a lot of non-ford owners to the brand and ford's managed to piss a lot of them off. They also managed to make it quite complicated. It's got 4 coolant pumps in the front of it and 1 in each motor. They also used really thick ICE coolant hoses. EV cooling is low-temp, low pressure, and ford used the same hoses for ICE motors. It's weight, cost, and overly complex. Here's a peak under my MME's front end...

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/frunk-out-ref-pics-room-for-a-5th-pump.26286/

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
Yahoooooo. Thank you men and women so much. I found the features and cruise control setting, disabled the sign recognition, and wa-la, I was able to set my cruise and disengage, reengabe and return to my set speed. It's a shame that the people that design this stuff thinks we can't think for ourselves. If I want to go faster, let me choose, not just assume that I want to go over the posted speed limit. Again, thank you all so much. I'm sure I'll be back with more question to this technology with wheels.
Its an optional setting. Meaning you can use it or not.

If it wasnt there people would be bitching there is no option to automatically set speed per speed sighns.

Not everyone thinks like you or wants the same options. Its called creating software that meets everyones needs/wants.

No sure why you are bitching about this.

OP
OP
Eldon

Eldon

First Name
Eldon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011and 2022 Camry 2023 Ford F150 Platinum Ordered
Occupation
Retired Navy
Its an optional setting. Meaning you can use it or not.

If it wasnt there people would be bitching there is no option to automatically set speed per speed sighns.

Not everyone thinks like you or wants the same options. Its called creating software that meets everyones needs/wants.

No sure why you are bitching about this.
I'm not bitching as much as just frustrated. I guess it's my nature to get frustrated with things I don't understand or know how to use. Hopefully, in time and the people on here I'll be able to figure out these things one day at a time. I truly do love the truck, and if and when I figure out all the options, I'll love it more.
Sponsored