2023 or wait for 2024

wessermgm

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Platinum SCrew, Smoked Quartz, 701a, FX4
Yea here’s my window sticker, when I did the build and price a 24 is close to $82k
IMG_5659.jpeg
I think I see why yours is higher. If you are wanting a Platinum with a Twin Panel Moonroof, you have to get a Platinum High (702a) and that is about $6,500 more (that gets you the TPM, CCD, HUD and B&O Unleashed). I am not sure why the KR gets the Moonroof without additional charge, but everything on your prior build on a KR would be $76,000 in 2024. For whatever reason, the KR is a better deal than the Plat for 2024.
Sponsored

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
I think I see why yours is higher. If you are wanting a Platinum with a Twin Panel Moonroof, you have to get a Platinum High (702a) and that is about $6,500 more (that gets you the TPM, CCD, HUD and B&O Unleashed). I am not sure why the KR gets the Moonroof without additional charge, but everything on your prior build on a KR would be $76,000 in 2024. For whatever reason, the KR is a better deal than the Plat for 2024.
Yea not to mention I got 3 years of bluecruise included and on the 24’s it’s a $2100 option

Jerome10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Powerboost
I don't know about what price increases are coming but, for me, I'd probably lean 2024 just because oftentimes when automakers do mid-cycle refreshes you get some upgrades or slight tweaks to the known problem areas on the car.

With that said if we're talking $5000 more for a 2024 then I'd rethink that.

Somewhat related... inflation is insidious. Even if inflation is 5% (and I would imagine for stuff needed to make and ship cars and materials it is far worse than that) on a $50,000 truck you're talking $2500 a year just to keep up. Then it compounds and in just a 3 years it is a $58,000 truck. Make it more like 7-8% or maybe even 10% on raw materials, energy, dealer transport costs etc and it ramps way worse.

The price levels are getting insane. They were already insane in 2022. They are now getting into the realm of "I don't see how this can keep going like this". I understand companies can't just eat the inflation and have to pass it on but at some point the consumer just won't be able to pay. Then what? Especially on vehicles like trucks that are so often used to keep other businesses running I can definitely see a problem for the automakers and their sales and a trickle-down slowing of things for those who buy trucks for fleets etc.

Anyway, off the economic discussion. 2024 for the (hopeful) upgrades/improvements but not if way more expensive ;)
Sponsored