First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT 5.0L 302A Carbonized Gray
Occupation
Retired US Navy; currently DND
Nice!! I looked hard at 22/23 Sierra/Silverado Duramax’s. I liked the interior and some of its features. But in the end, got a comparatively equipped F150 at lower price and interest rate. (still, every time I drive past a gas station, I look at the diesel prices, lol! Duramax almost makes financial sense in Bc, where it’s been ~20c more per litre).

Zero complaints about my F150 but agree the refreshed GMC’s are awfully nice! I also liked the multi-gate - super clever IMO. ENJOYand good luck!
Sponsored

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
302a crew - 6'5" Sport, Max Tow, FX4
Nice!! I looked hard at 22/23 Sierra/Silverado Duramax’s. I liked the interior and some of its features. But in the end, got a comparatively equipped F150 at lower price and interest rate. (still, every time I drive past a gas station, I look at the diesel prices, lol! Duramax almost makes financial sense in Bc, where it’s been ~20c more per litre).

Zero complaints about my F150 but agree the refreshed GMC’s are awfully nice! I also liked the multi-gate - super clever IMO. ENJOYand good luck!
Weird. Here in AB it seems diesel is always 40 cents per liter more than regular.

cheesedogf150

First Name
CheeseDog
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat
Weird. Here in AB it seems diesel is always 40 cents per liter more than regular.
Same, easily 40+ cents more than 87 here in Ontario.

Reactions: 780

GregBC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT 5.0L 302A Carbonized Gray
Occupation
Retired US Navy; currently DND
Well, AB gas IS quite a bit cheaper to start, lol!

Reactions: 780

Sponsored

nomarhits400

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Poweboost
Occupation
Analytical Chemist
Beautiful truck, I just picked up a 2023 Evolution Duramax. Love 30 mpg on the freeway and the black out wheels and grill!
IMG_0262.jpeg

That’s a beautiful truck- congrats!

redline

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150, BMW X5, BMW M3,
Occupation
Sales
Same, easily 40+ cents more than 87 here in Ontario.
The difference is getting 7L/100km in the duramax compared to 11L/100km in eco boost.

but I drove from Calgary to fernie to Kimberly up through Radium and back to Calgary without filling up … I was pretty happy with that.

JJSnell

First Name
JJSnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum FX4 PB
Occupation
Owner, IT Consulting\MSP company.
This should be my final day of F150 Platinum 4X4 Powerboost ownership. The new GMC refresh is the winner for me. I've had a number of GM performance cars over the years but never a GM truck. That's fixing to change tomorrow if the weather cooperates and the tonneau cover arrives and gets installed. Not much for pictures at this point. The GMC arrived Monday. I stopped yesterday to finalize the dollars I need to write a check for and give it a quick once over.
The Ultimate interior blows me away. I went Ultimate to get the Alpine Umber interior which reminds me of the 2016 King Ranch that I had. Very little plastic. This will be the first time I haven't had some sort of Ford product in the garage and that covers over 55 years of driving. The front end of the GMC makes the F150 look small. I was surprised with them parked next to each other yesterday.
The biggest downside? Forums. The GM truck forums are lame compared to the Ford and Ram forums.
Anyway, this is about it for the F150. Here's a couple pics. And no it's not ready for delivery. This is how it came off the semi.
Was very close to making this exact same decision.
The chip shortages and production nightmares of Ford can only be tolerated for so long. Hard to sit and wait or be reimbursed a pathetic $300 or $140 for options when GMC has the same trucks sitting on their lots and cheaper than the stripped down Fords.
Congratz on your purchase, keep us posted.

OP
OP
Jus Cruisin

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
This is kind of silly but I actually take a moment to watch the splash screen when I get in the truck before starting it. Found this short on YouTube. And yes, I'm still very happy with it.

Grafx36510

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150 XLT 302A/2022 F150 Tremor 402A
Occupation
The guy that everyone b*&%ches to at work...
This is kind of silly but I actually take a moment to watch the splash screen when I get in the truck before starting it. Found this short on YouTube. And yes, I'm still very happy with it.

Not gonna lie, that’s a great start-up animation.

Sponsored

JExpedition07

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 STX 5.0L V8
the lights are nice

OP
OP
Jus Cruisin

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Very retired
Update. 2700 miles on it now. Still on the honeymoon, I guess. Zero issues at this point. I have gotten an OTA update which was basically indicating that accepting it I was wppriving/allowing future updates. I can get 22ish mpg on the highway. I can also get 14ish in stop and go. Surprisingly, I've received a number of unsolicited compliments in parking lots about the truck looks.
So, still pleased with the truck.

richardrocks

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 PB XLT FX4 in Avalanche
Update. 2700 miles on it now. Still on the honeymoon, I guess. Zero issues at this point. I have gotten an OTA update which was basically indicating that accepting it I was wppriving/allowing future updates. I can get 22ish mpg on the highway. I can also get 14ish in stop and go. Surprisingly, I've received a number of unsolicited compliments in parking lots about the truck looks.
So, still pleased with the truck.
Excellent! I’m going to test drive one next week because Ford can’t / won’t acknowledge my vibrating gas pedal that makes my foot numb. Others have tried to address this same issue and got the runaround as well.

So, my closest GMC dealer appears to be 40 miles away but we have a Chevy dealer in town. Do Chevy dealers perform all maintenance and warranty work on GMC trucks?

OP
OP
Jus Cruisin

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Very retired
Excellent! I’m going to test drive one next week because Ford can’t / won’t acknowledge my vibrating gas pedal that makes my foot numb. Others have tried to address this same issue and got the runaround as well.

So, my closest GMC dealer appears to be 40 miles away but we have a Chevy dealer in town. Do Chevy dealers perform all maintenance and warranty work on GMC trucks?
I'd suspect there might be issues with GMC specific warranty repairs but regular maintenance wouldn't be a problem. Worth a call to the service department of your Chevy store.
Sponsored